EM from Global House..any experiences.

ThaiFelix

Hey There Long Uncle Loong

I remembered that "saved" also and was sort of the reason I reached out to see if there was a way to bring it back on the Thaivisa "saved" mode that is new to me but alas it wasn't there before or after your post or at least I couldn't get it to do its thang. So how 'bout a song to kick it a bit and then maybe i'll live up to my word in regards to trying to come up with a solution to the pollution for the Felix Cat.

Forever Farm Ford music

Okay now in regards to these Gop (froggities) Felix Cat, I think the ideal way to deal with the little ribbiters is to make a system similar to what Issan Aussie created for his hogs. One of your situations is the fact that you need to conserve water so I think this will give you multiple options (dry and wet season care).

What i would recommend is putting in three small septic tanks (plastic or make your own in concrete with rings or blocks and have a sump pump in the last one.

Earlier you tried putting the EM directly into the water that you had your frogs in and it tainted the flavor of the meat and I can understand that, as I once hiked to near 10,000 feet on the back side of Yosemite to get into some of the fattest biggest Brook Trout I had heard about and then nailed to the barn. I cooked them up that day and they were the foulest tasting trout I have ever eaten as the high Sierra lake was rather shallow and grass could grow on the bottom in the short high altitude summer season of warmth and the flesh tasted like grass.

Soooo my suggestion is to let the frogs enjoy their palace with nice clean water but when it is fouled by key (that's Thai for shit as you probably can't say shit here in writing) you drain it off to your first tank and add the EM to that tank periodically. Overflow from that tank goes into the second that can be treated much less frequently with lesser amounts of EM and the overflow from that tank goes into the third with the pump.

In a year with plenty of water you can then use the water in the third tank for irrigating your lovely garden. When, like now, the water situation is critical you can pump that water without any applications of EM back into your frog's palatial estates. Issan Aussie has a new highly specific line on microorganisms that will be specifically much more efficient for septic systems than old EM-1 but still EM-! will function. (time for a song break even if it isn't broken we'll fix it)

If you feel that your third tanks water isn't exactly as pure as you want for your ribbiters then you can sterilize it by using pharmacy grade hydrogen peroxide. Now days they only sell 3% solution at about 30 baht for a half liter. Here are numbers below that I have for making drinking water from suspect water in your tanks for domestic use. Note in the old days we used to use simple house bleach in our wells and tanks to clean them up but thank buddha et al that this H202 recipe got popular as old Calcium tetrachloride was a scary and desperate method. So below is the spec's to purify drinking water and can be applied at different rates depending on what you think of your third tank water quality.

250 liters of water you add 60 ml of 3% H2O2

So as Issan Aussie, i think, said before you can filter the water with a home made carbon filter and in regards to this I think the place to put that kind of filter would be now at the end of your three tank system after the water is pumped and before it enters the palace. In abundant water years you may want to take the water (by hand mechanical pump or some such) from the second tank and use it as a fertilizer around your established trees and bushes in the rainy season or by watering it in.

this is a bit involved but as i see it you could forego the purported closet you were going to build for your frogs to put their cashmere coats in for the cold season and maybe attempt this instead. That or maybe just have their massueses come only twice a week instead of four times.

Hope this makes some kind of sense and helps and now to figure a final tune.

hell this one fits for Forever Ford's Feelings of Frustration from finding final copy of last post got gobbled in the goodddddittit damdadded cyber space out there.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived