Gen Chavalit calls for election to be held this year

webfact

"General Chavalit suggested the NCPO to adopt the middle path, to try to restore national reconciliation and to cede its power to a non-partisan committee represented by all sectors of the Thai society which will be tasked with staging the election.

He also suggested that fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra helps find new market for Thai rice".

Translation; I have received a handsome commission from TS to continue to carry out his policy's of disruption and destabilization of the governments that succeeded him, disrupt the Thai people and nation, while paying people to be constantly singing his praises.

The red mob will continue to be a subversive and violent element within the society.

Red movements represents communism and that is exactly what TS has been running e.g. putting his family and friends in key positions of government just like N Korea and Cuba etc.

Policy's of whats mine is mine and whats yours is mine, you are either with me or against me and you don't want to be against me.

Policy's of disruption and violence against political opponents.

Nothing wrong with calling for elections to be pushed along considering they are continuously being pushed back instead.

As for "The red mob" and "Red movements represent communism" rhetoric, get off the grass mate, was there a yellow mob also? wasn't there yellows beating, bashing and blocking people wanting to vote? when was the last time the "Red mob" blocked the yellows from voting?

Well trying to paint all reds the same is about as fair as painting all yellows the same, not accurate.

And lastly Mr T putting family and friends in positions, Not that I think it ok but gee man didn't Mark do that very thing also? By condemning one you must condemn the other, which also go to the current PM for doing the same thing.

Don't give up your day job fella, even if you are on the dole!

"General Chavalit suggested the NCPO to adopt the middle path, to try to restore national reconciliation and to cede its power to a non-partisan committee represented by all sectors of the Thai society which will be tasked with staging the election.

He also suggested that fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra helps find new market for Thai rice".

Translation; I have received a handsome commission from TS to continue to carry out his policy's of disruption and destabilization of the governments that succeeded him, disrupt the Thai people and nation, while paying people to be constantly singing his praises.

The red mob will continue to be a subversive and violent element within the society.

Red movements represents communism and that is exactly what TS has been running e.g. putting his family and friends in key positions of government just like N Korea and Cuba etc.

Policy's of whats mine is mine and whats yours is mine, you are either with me or against me and you don't want to be against me.

Nothing wrong with calling for elections to be pushed along considering they are continuously being pushed back instead.

As for "The red mob" and "Red movements represent communism" rhetoric, get off the grass mate, was there a yellow mob also? wasn't there yellows beating, bashing and blocking people wanting to vote? when was the last time the "Red mob" blocked the yellows from voting?

Well trying to paint all reds the same is about as fair as painting all yellows the same, not accurate.

And lastly Mr T putting family and friends in positions, Not that I think it ok but gee man didn't Mark do that very thing also? By condemning one you must condemn the other, which also go to the current PM for doing the same thing.

it is amazing that people link the red in red shirts with communism.

but some folks don't actually understand what has and what is happening in Thailand.

Any westerner who claims to know whats happening in Thailand will also be a full bottle on whats happening on Mars and Willy Wonkers chocolate factory

Most any Educated Westerner who can read English knows a lot more about

Thailand than most Thai's as we can read international news that is not distorted,

censored and or considered illegal to print even if it is a fact that more and more

highly educated Thai's can read English they are still too scared to discuss what

they read among their family and friends. That needs to change and its coming soon enough.

Most any Educated Westerner who can read English knows a lot more about

Thailand than most Thai's as we can read international news that is not distorted,

censored and or considered illegal to print even if it is a fact that more and more

highly educated Thai's can read English they are still too scared to discuss what

they read among their family and friends. That needs to change and its coming soon enough.

Just one point:

Look at the recent articles in western newspapers, AFP just one example, often quite unbalanced, often lacking in even quick mention of important background information.

Along with that is it easy to buy / generate 'flavored' comment / bias in a lot of the western press? Yes!

Don't give up your day job fella, even if you are on the dole!

"As for "The red mob" and "Red movements represent communism" rhetoric, get off the grass mate, was there a yellow mob also? wasn't there yellows beating, bashing and blocking people wanting to vote? when was the last time the "Red mob" blocked the yellows from voting?"

Nobody would deny 'there was a 'yellow mob' and yes they have dirty hands too.

I suggest we are all mature enough to make an opinion on what's behind chavalit's latest push.

but some folks don't actually understand what has and what is happening in Thailand.

'... president for life...'

I wonder how much he got for that, I find it funny that these people actually think they are speaking from the high ground - check his bank account

you have any proof or you just making it all up again? trashing this guys character when he can't fight back and repudiate your defamation?

I wonder how much he got for that, I find it funny that these people actually think they are speaking from the high ground - check his bank account

you have any proof or you just making it all up again? trashing this guys character when he can't fight back and repudiate your defamation?

I didn't say he did or didn't, your understanding of English is lacking

'... president for life...'

do you know how red came to be their color?

have I ever said Thaksin was a democrat?

I seem to remember he was a totally inept PM. Another one who has sold his soul to Taksin.

And his political party.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chavalit_Yongchaiyudh

The New Aspiration Party quickly lost popularity, as well as the support of the Charoen Pokphand Group, which began supporting Thaksin Shinawatra and his newly founded Thai Rak Thai Party (TRT). After New Aspiration's electoral defeat in 2001, Chavalit abandoned it and switched over to the TRT, taking most party members and lawmakers with him. Subsequently, Chavalit served as Deputy Prime Minister responsible for internal security under Thaksin's premiership from 2001 to 2005, and concurrently as Minister of Defence from 2001 to 2002.

Archived