ID Card for farangs

Ratchathewi, Bangkok. Khap Phom.

I am still being told by some that they believe if they get this card they no longer have to do 90 day reports in any form.

My belief is that only applies to holders of PR.

Can someone back me up, or shoot me down.

Ratchathewi, Bangkok. Khap Phom.

I am still being told by some that they believe if they get this card they no longer have to do 90 day reports in any form.

My belief is that only applies to holders of PR.

Can someone back me up, or shoot me down.

You are correct. They are incorrect.

• Like 1

Please take note that if you hold a pink ID Card for farangs starting with the number 6 then you MUST still complete 90 day reporting. The card does not, unfortunately, replace this process.

• Like 1

Oh yes ! I must do the 90 Days Reporting even I have the Pink ID Card

with the number #6.

Please take note. The Pink ID Card 13-digit- numbers follows your Yellow Book (Tabian Baan).

The first starting number is to indicate whether you are a PR or NON PR.

The number #8 means that you are a PR. And the number #6 means that you are a NON PR.

The number #6 also means that you are on Extension of Stay or on temporary stay basis.

In closing, Yes ! I must do the 90 Days Reporting as usual - because I am number #6.

• Like 1

Oh yes ! I must do the 90 Days Reporting even I have the Pink ID Card

with the number #6.

Please take note. The Pink ID Card 13-digit- numbers follows your Yellow Book (Tabian Baan).

The first starting number is to indicate whether you are a PR or NON PR.

The number #8 means that you are a PR. And the number #6 means that you are a NON PR.

The number #6 also means that you are on Extension of Stay or on temporary stay basis.

In closing, Yes ! I must do the 90 Days Reporting as usual - because I am number #6.

This is one of the reasons I do not enjoy posting on this Forum. I, as well as other people, take the time and effort to clarify points only to get these comments posted afterwards. It is a shame that some people have not got anything better to do than post sarcastic comments in reply. If you nothing constructive to say, then please do not bother posting at all..

My apologies. My intention was to agree and to add to your points.

It was done in good faith. It was never my intention to offend anyone.

And I don't have the slightest intention to offend you or anyone.

You misunderstood my sincere intentions. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

My apologies once again. Khap Phom.

Thank you for the apology which is accepted. I appreciate the fact that you have taken time to do this.

Has anybody got one of these from Amphoe in Khon Kaen. Got to get a yellow book from there at some stage as well if they do em.

You can only get the ID card IF you hold a Tabian Baan.

The ID number used for the card is the Tabian Baan number

• Like 1

Has anybody got one of these from Amphoe in Khon Kaen. Got to get a yellow book from there at some stage as well if they do em.

You can only get the ID card IF you hold a Tabian Baan.

The ID number used for the card is the Tabian Baan number

Yeh that's why I said I have to get a yellow as well!!! Will do it in same go save going back and forth Edited by Deepinthailand

Khon Kaen amphur Muang do provide yellow tabien baans.

Tomorrow I'm about to find out if they also provide ID cards for us .

I'll be going to the amphur office in Big C who will also certainly refer me to the main office.

This topic is very interesting reading and good news.

Is anyone out there got this ID card from Amphur Ban Chang, Rayong province?

Got mine from Amphur Klaeng, Rayong Province. If Ban Chang has no experience, you could suggest they call Klaeng for advice.

Got mine from Amphur Klaeng, Rayong Province. If Ban Chang has no experience, you could suggest they call Klaeng for advice.

Thanks for that info

Khon Kaen amphur Muang do provide yellow tabien baans.

Tomorrow I'm about to find out if they also provide ID cards for us .

I'll be going to the amphur office in Big C who will also certainly refer me to the main office.

Any updates did you pop in and do they do them????

Thanks for that info

I know of one guy who got one in BanChang last week.

Was unsuccessful obtaining a pink card from the local thesaban office in Karon, Phuket, which was where I had obtained my tabian bahn (yellow book). The lady there was very nice as usual but seemed mystified by seeing the sample pink card I had printed out. She looked up my records and showed me the documentation I had submitted to apply for my yellow book. (In fact, she had been one of the people who had helped me get my yellow book a few months ago.) I showed her my yellow book. She seemed to feel that since I had already obtained a yellow book, there was nothing else her office could do for me.

I showed her the sample pink card and asked for that again. This is where my poor comprehension of Thai really hindered my progress. She gave a fairly long explanation and I'm afraid I got almost nothing from it other than the distinct feeling that this particular office (or rather this particular person) hadn't processed a pink card for a yellow book holder before. She could see I wasn't really understanding her so she called another person in from an adjacent office. He, too, seemed a bit puzzled to see the sample pink card. I got the impression from their discussion that they thought I thought there was something wrong with my tabian bahn or that perhaps I thought it had expired and was worried about not having a valid yellow book.

They sought to reassure me that everything was OK, but of course that did not get me a pink card. After some further discussion between them, he told me that they didn't have pink cards here and that I should try again next year. Not wanting to be a nuisance, I thanked them for their help, and said I would come back next year. Everyone seemed satisfied by that outcome. Lots of smiles, but no pink card. smile.png

I thought about what had transpired the previous day and it occurred to me that perhaps there was another office that I could use that might have the pink cards available. In other words, I had been at the right office, but they did not have the pink cards yet, but there might be another office that had them today. Maybe I needed to go up a level from the tessaban office to the local amphur office in Phuket town.

I found the amphur office on Mae Luan Road and a very helpful person directed me to an office which was filled with people (unlike the almost deserted office in Karon). The receptionist took the sample pink id card, seemed to understand that I wanted one for myself, and passed the printout to a senior officer. However, It soon became clear to me that no one at this office had processed a pink card for a yellow book holder, either. So faced with a full office of people with legitimate business there I took "we don't have" for an answer without asking the receptionist if there was somewhere else I could try.

My efforts to get a pink card have been stymied thus far. I guess I will try my tessaban office next year to see if they have cards at that time. If anyone in Phuket has progressed further than I got I would really be interested in hearing your story and in particular which office you used. Of course, not having a pink card isn't a major problem or even a minor problem really, but I would like to get one to add to the colorful collection of Thai documentation (green book, blue book, and yellow book) I've been amassing. smile.png

Edited by skatewash

Was unsuccessful obtaining a pink card from the local thesaban office in Karon, Phuket, which was where I had obtained my tabian bahn (yellow book)...

Normally, both the house registration book and the ID card are issued by the district office (amphoe, อำเภอ). However, according to Wikipedia "the municipalities assume some of the responsibilities which are assigned to the districts (amphoe) or communes (tambon) for non-municipal (rural) areas". I don't know who is charge of issuing the ID in your case, where the house registration book was issued by the municipal office (thetsaban). Logically, it should be the same government office that issues ID cards to Thai nationals.

• Like 1

Went to the Khon Kaen Amphoe yesterday, the 6th. and got my Thai ID, no fuss. They said they have been doing it for about 3 months and have had at least 1 farang almost everyday comes in for one. No cost!

Confirming, there is no expiration date.

So for you all who live in the province, it was simple. Of course, I got the woman on the computer who had never done one and had to have assistance!

The only other delay, you have to go to the same office as Thais getting their National ID renewed so I was # 20 "in line."

• Like 1

Went to the Khon Kaen Amphoe yesterday, the 6th. and got my Thai ID, no fuss. They said they have been doing it for about 3 months and have had at least 1 farang almost everyday comes in for one. No cost!

Confirming, there is no expiration date.

So for you all who live in the province, it was simple. Of course, I got the woman on the computer who had never done one and had to have assistance!

The only other delay, you have to go to the same office as Thais getting their National ID renewed so I was # 20 "in line."

Many thanks will go down tm abd get both the yellow book and ID card sorted

Been down this AM bright and early to KK Amphoe. Got yellow book and ID card sorted out no problems today have to go back next Thursday to collect both at same time.

Needed copy of pasport/mom and dad names in thai and mine (took thai copy of affirmation to marry down). Took Mrs and head man all done easy

• Like 1

I think this is old news, but today I went to my Amphur office (Right at the end of Soi Thonglor in Bangkok) to do something with my stepson, and thought I'd try and get my pink id at the same time (I've got PR).

Absolutely no drama, the guy on reception knew which desk to send me to, no head shaking or puzzled looks, the lady knew all about it. In and out with the new card in hand in about 30 minutes. At least 10 of that was me going and getting photocopies of my PR book, red book, passport and work permit. Nothing else needed, no wife present to interpret, even my less than fluent Thai got the job done.

Total cost 60 baht though (with a receipt), so I'm a little jealous of the guy above who got his for free!

I'm in the same District, so I'll give it a go when I have the time. Thanks for posting.

I got my card at Khon Kaen today, no problem.

The number at the top of the card and the number under my photo are slightly different. The number at the top is certainly the 13 digit number from my tabien baan and ends in 26 (ignoring final check digit). But I am wondering if the last two digits in a smaller type under my photo is the number of cards issued so far, which in my case is 24.

Been down this AM bright and early to KK Amphoe. Got yellow book and ID card sorted out no problems today have to go back next Thursday to collect both at same time.

Needed copy of pasport/mom and dad names in thai and mine (took thai copy of affirmation to marry down). Took Mrs and head man all done easy

Update had a call yesterday afternoon saying they need to see me again, went down at 1500 expecting the worst took all paper work ect back down nothing of the sort as it happens everything was done and handed over to me exellent service

• Like 1

I went to Khao Yai national park yesterday. In front of the park it says 40 Baht for adults (in Thai) and 400 Baht for adults (in English). I've had the ID card for foreigners for some time now and thought I'd give it a shot at the national park.

The lady in the booth wanted 490 Baht for 1 foreigner, 1 Thai and 1 car. I asked her "Why" and she said it was 400 for foreigners.

I gave her my ID and she said "Oh OK " and let us in for 130 Baht.I

don't know if I was just lucky or if that is their policy.

YMMV

• Like 1

Touch

That's good news!

BTW, do wonder how they handle the park fee if a car just plans to transit through Khao Yai from the Pak Chong side to Kabin Buri. Only time I did this was the other way around, Kabin to Pak Chong, October 2011, escaping from the flooding. No charge at that time.

Mac

I got my card at Khon Kaen today, no problem.

The number at the top of the card and the number under my photo are slightly different. The number at the top is certainly the 13 digit number from my tabien baan and ends in 26 (ignoring final check digit). But I am wondering if the last two digits in a smaller type under my photo is the number of cards issued so far, which in my case is 24.

Yes the number under the picture is the number of cards that office has issued. Mine is 005, my friend has 001, and another friend is 004.
  • Like 1

I went to Khao Yai national park yesterday. In front of the park it says 40 Baht for adults (in Thai) and 400 Baht for adults (in English). I've had the ID card for foreigners for some time now and thought I'd give it a shot at the national park.

The lady in the booth wanted 490 Baht for 1 foreigner, 1 Thai and 1 car. I asked her "Why" and she said it was 400 for foreigners.

I gave her my ID and she said "Oh OK " and let us in for 130 Baht.I

don't know if I was just lucky or if that is their policy.

YMMV

I have a friend who was just recently at an attraction in Nong Kai, that had a Thai and Farang price and separate lines. My friend who had a Thai ID card stood in the Thai line, showed his ID and got the Thai price. His farangs friend had to pay farangs price and was pissed off, lol.
  • Like 1