ID Card for farangs

It seems that it may be easy to get the ID card at some Amphoes if you have yellow house book. But the yellow house book is not that easy to get or almost impossible at some Amphoes.

I gave up on getting one from the local Amphoe where our house is.

• Like 2

It seems that it may be easy to get the ID card at some Amphoes if you have yellow house book. But the yellow house book is not that easy to get or almost impossible at some Amphoes.

I gave up on getting one from the local Amphoe where our house is.

Then I am not sure if you would be able to get an ID card or not, to be honest. May be another way to get the card is possible. I wait to hear from other applicants to let us all know.

As the various police and immigration databases are integrated, senior immigration officials have said they anticipate being able to check extension of stay from the 13 digit code on the ID Card.

They are actually not, at least not yet. The 13 digits ID is nowhere registered with immigration. I have a yellow housebook from BKK and just got the pink ID. My extension is from immigration in CNX and they do not know, I even have a yellow tabien baan. As the house registration in Thailand does not necessarily be the place of residence there is no issue with this (we own the house in BKK). But there is also no linkage and police would be unable to figure out my visa validity during a possible check. Transferring the tabien baan to CNX is a major hassle, the procedure was to first cancel it and then apply for a new one, which is uncertain. And I'm not jumping unnecessarily through more rings of fire.

This is amazing

First post, and this is all you can come up with ? If you don't start slamming Thailand, Thai People, or the Irish. They will not

let you play anymore. And I forgot; about Traffic. Welcome new guy.

<deleted> have the Irish got to do with this

After getting this id card,do we still need to put 400k for stay extension?

This card has absolutely no bearing on any issues with extension to stay. So the answer is yes, you still need to carry on as before with all obligations to meet the criteria for extensions.

• Like 1

MadMac

Wonder what the 9 indicates, the chart only goes up to 8.

My Tambien Ban starts with a 6.

Mac

post-32650-0-71072700-1362363451.jpg

I am fairly certain that the numbers 6-12 in my 13 digit number is the date.

It is 01005-20 and the yellow book is dated 20th May 2010, too much of a coincidence. It wouldn't be out of the question for other provinces to use a different format.

It is 01005-20 and the yellow book is dated 20th May 2010, too much of a coincidence. It wouldn't be out of the question for other provinces to use a different format.

Absolutely not in my YB.

00016-27 issued on 25th September.

I assume to be "farang nr. 16 with a YB" in our district with very low "farang density" biggrin.png

And definitely not 1627 of them!

And no such correlation for Thais in the blue bood (ID card).

Checked a few.

I tried to understand what the Thai WiKi writes about these digits.

Quite difficult but some kind of sequence and category numbers.

https://th.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A2

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Can we describe it as work permit and the holder is liable to tax(if you have work ,the income from abroad is included but you can enjoy the 30b medical treatment).

No. It is just an ID Card. We have yet to find out if you get the cheaper medical treatment or anything else with it. Most definitely not a work permit!!!

• Like 1

I am really confused may i know the reason to get it.

If you have read through all the posts on this subject you should get an idea of what has occurred. In a nutshell, I was given the chance of getting one from my Amphur. I accepted and posted on here to see if anyone else had got one. Now other members have made enquiries it seems that it depends on your local Amphur as you need to have a yellow Tabien Baan to get this card. This is where a slight problem can occur.

There has been some limited success from different locations. It has yet to be seen what the benefits are from having this card but it cannot be a bad thing. It is up to you at the moment if you wish to have this card or not.

Hope this clarifies things.

• Like 1

Absolutely not in my YB.

00016-27 issued on 25th September.

I assume to be "farang nr. 16 with a YB" in our district with very low "farang density" biggrin.png

And definitely not 1627 of them!

And no such correlation for Thais in the blue bood (ID card).

Checked a few.

I tried to understand what the Thai WiKi writes about these digits.

Quite difficult but some kind of sequence and category numbers.

https://th.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A2

You are quite right about the Thais. I have seen 4 blue books from my wife's family and they all had the same 3 digit number before the dash and a different 2 digit number after the dash. Appears to be a family number followed by a family member number.

As I said amphurs may vary and it is possible that I had the first yellow book from Muang Chonburi, I remember it was a bit of a headache for them.

I had to wait 6 weeks to get it while they did a police report, I have not seen that reported by anyone else.

Coincidences do happen and the number could be based on something else.

The systems are in place but still not integrated! A police friend of mine showed me the Police national citizenship system online and how he can check the 13 digit codes of Thai nationals and pink carded foreigners. He showed me online, the field that is a blank field at the moment, that he said once the integration of the Immigration and National Citizenship databases are complete, will allow the police to check your visa expiry date from your 13 digit code.

At the moment a pink card lends weight to your place in Thai society, but does not remove the need to carry your passport to prove that your visa is valid.

This pink card does not help you with visa extensions and does not assist you other than giving you a bit more comfort! In the future it will be the sole means of identifying you and your right to stay in this country.

Does this mean every foreigner with a 6 month plus extension of stay could receive a pink card? If so, is the process for receiving the pink card still going to rely on being issued or added to a yellow house book (ignoring Permanent Residents for the minute)?

Some Amphurs won't issue a yellow book. Others seem to invent spurious qualifications to obtain a yellow book. Finally there are foreigners living in buildings where the owner will not support them getting a yellow book.

Why have a yellow book and a pink card... Could the pink card be issued as part of process of receiving an extension of stay?

• Like 2

I think that may work for people with yellow tabien baans. Not many of extension holders hold a yellow housebook, and those who do, are not necessarily connected with this/the 13 digits ID to the extension of stay. Without yellow book, no ID number and no pink card. But certainly an interesting development. Let's see how this goes. Maybe in 10 years from now, after they figured out that support for Internet Explorer has ended smile.png

Edited by MadMac

Your hunch or guess is absolutely wrong. It is definitely a coincidence.

For a Thai national, the entry in a house registration book comes before the issuance of the Thai ID card. It remains to be seen whether the same sequence of events will be applied for foreigners.

• Like 1

Anyone who owns a condo in his name, should also be issued a 13 digit code in that yellow book given on purchase.

Over the past 5 years, I have seen several examples of this, where people have presented yellow books as a form of ID, all of which have 13 digit codes checkable in the citizenship computer but without a photo.

Immigration has a HUGE problem keeping control of foreigners within its border, with Gen Apichart Sriboonma head of Interpol Thailand recently saying Thailand borders are extremely porous with systems needing to be put in place to ensure there is more control.

ID Cards for all foreigners, with over 6 months extension of stay are just a matter of time!

• Like 1

For a Thai national, the entry in a house registration book comes before the issuance of the Thai ID card. It remains to be seen whether the same sequence of events will be applied for foreigners.

Agree, but in the normal course of events a Thai person's 13 digit ID number is generated when their birth certificate is issued. The birth certificate is then presented to the District Office to gain entry to the relevant blue book.

A department somewhere is issuing these numbers and I suspect the process is separate, but concurrent to, registration in a house book.

It would be a step forward for the government to issue the pink card without the need for a yellow book. It would save so much time and effort for each District Office. Of course if the foreigner needed a yellow book they should still be able to apply in the usual manner, but for most people who had a pink card a yellow book would become an irrelevance.

I can only think of three mandatory reasons to get a yellow book:

1. Applying for Permanent Residence

2. Applying for citizenship

3. Applying for a firearms license

• Like 1

"Anyone who owns a condo in his name, should also be issued a 13 digit code in that yellow book given on purchase."

I didn't realize that yellow books were issued 'on purchase'. Dis you mean something else?

There are no yellow books issued with condo purchases, but "normal" blue books in which a Thai tenant may be registered. Not a foreigner unless PR.

After the blue book is issued then a yellow book can be applied for and issued.

• Like 2

There are no yellow books issued with condo purchases, but "normal" blue books in which a Thai tenant may be registered. Not a foreigner unless PR.

After the blue book is issued then a yellow book can be applied for and issued.

Correct. The yellow book is just an offspring of the blue book.

Page number 1 is the description (type and address) and number of the house (or condo?), an 11 digit number (incl. check digit).

Page number 1 of yellow book and blue book are identical except for the issue date of the book.

The real task in getting a yellow book is the registration in the Thai citizen database, generating "your" 13 digit number.

This will then appear on your entry on page number 2.

This task makes up for the all the fuzz (translation/transcription to Thai script etc.)

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

Agree, but in the normal course of events a Thai person's 13 digit ID number is generated when their birth certificate is issued. The birth certificate is then presented to the District Office to gain entry to the relevant blue book.

A department somewhere is issuing these numbers and I suspect the process is separate, but concurrent to, registration in a house book.

Thank you for this information. I was unaware of it but it makes eminent sense to assign a Thai national the personal ID number in the database already at the moment of the registration of birth.

• Like 1

And the 13 digits ID never changes, it is issued and numbered with the first issuing Amphoe/District, even if Khon Thai moves elsewhere and changes housebooks.

Related question for the farang 13 digits ID and yellow housebook. I inquired in the Hang Dong office how I can change my yellow book from BKK to CNX. They've told me, I would have to cancel it first in BKK and then apply for a new one. Does not make any sense, as I have the ID and in the case of applying again, they would issue a new number. Contradictory to anything I know. Has anyone ever changed the yellow tabien baan to a different location and what was the process and result? I'm afraid, based on some stories, that they may simply say "Farang can not don't have".

Your hunch or guess is absolutely wrong. It is definitely a coincidence.

I take it you also have a yellow book from Muang Chonburi.