Blind Woman Denies Writing Defamatory Facebook Messages About 'Luk Thep'

rooster59

Blind Woman Denies Writing Defamatory Facebook Messages About 'Luk Thep'

By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

post-247607-0-18011400-1456560256_thumb.

Pailin Kiangkwa, at center, says she could not have written allegedly defamatory messages online because she has been blind for eight years.

KRABI — A woman who reportedly went blind eight years ago has been charged with defamation in Krabi province for allegedly writing insults against another Facebooker.

Pailin Kiangkwa, 26, said she was surprised to learn about the charge because her blindness prevents her from having a Facebook account in the first place.

The plaintiff, 34-year-old Chanadda Saroj, accused Pailin of mocking her possession of a child spirit doll called luk thep back in October on Facebook, according to a police report.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1456553776

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-02-27

I guess in a year or two, once the Luk Theps have been given full human rights, folks no longer think it's weird to sue someone for leaving a doll to a hot car without supervision.

Well, at least the news are entertaining, if nothing else.

And yes, I noted that this case is a person agains another.

Channada deserves mocking. To any degree. By anybody. These dolls are miles, and miles beyond ridiculous, and anyone using them is a fool and a goon. Ancient superstition that has no place in the 21st century. I could sort of see someone using dolls like these in the 22nd century BC. Before scientific treatises were available, and the internet. But today? What tomfoolery. Anyone using them deserves utter, and complete mockery beyond description. To even consider the possibility that a soul resides within one of these dolls? To feed them, clothe them, bring them to restaurants? Unbelievable nonsense.

I thought selfie stick were the most ridiculous invention of the past few years. Now, we have one that blows away the selfie stick, in terms of self absorption, and an utter waste of one's precious life, time and resources. Find a charity to devote your time and effort to. But, a doll? Come on people. Get it together.

From the linked news article in the OP:

She was later released on bail. Her bond was set at 50,000 baht

It amazes me that in Thailand

1. anybody can make a baseless accusation against another person,
  2. without incentivation from the part of the accused -- and/or perhaps with incentivation from the part of the accuser -- the police passes the report on to the the public prosecutor without any preliminary investigation,
  3. the prosecutor in turn sends it to the judge,
  4. and the judge sets bail, often a ludicrously high amount by comparison with the accused's income and assets, even though there is not the slightest perceived risk that the accused would flee

Channada deserves mocking. To any degree. By anybody. These dolls are miles, and miles beyond ridiculous, and anyone using them is a fool and a goon. Ancient superstition that has no place in the 21st century. I could sort of see someone using dolls like these in the 22nd century BC. Before scientific treatises were available, and the internet. But today? What tomfoolery. Anyone using them deserves utter, and complete mockery beyond description. To even consider the possibility that a soul resides within one of these dolls? To feed them, clothe them, bring them to restaurants? Unbelievable nonsense.

Well, this is what I think about any religion. Wether it's Christianity or being a vegan.

People seem to have the need of believing that something will make their life better. It's basically playing lottery in real life.

In it's own small and pathetic way, this incident illustrates much that is wrong with the Thai mentality.

Obsessed with the minutiae of face-saving, the infinitely more important matters are conveniently overlooked..............

From the linked news article in the OP:

She was later released on bail. Her bond was set at 50,000 baht

It amazes me that in Thailand

1. anybody can make a baseless accusation against another person,
  2. without incentivation from the part of the accused -- and/or perhaps with incentivation from the part of the accuser -- the police passes the report on to the the public prosecutor without any preliminary investigation,
  3. the prosecutor in turn sends it to the judge,
  4. and the judge sets bail, often a ludicrously high amount by comparison with the accused's income and assets, even though there is not the slightest perceived risk that the accused would flee

It is perhaps one of the most cowardly aspects of Thai life. The very fact that those laws exist, is proof as to how adamant certain segments of society are, about denying the lower nature of some of it's members. Deny, obfuscate, do not own up, don't be a man, and deflect. Whatever you do, never look within for the source of any problem. Just deflect. It was not me. You cannot be talking about me. What you are saying is false. I am not man or woman enough to deal with criticism, so I will sue you. I did not do a terrible job. My product is not poorly built. My service that I provided was not bad, like you say. It is you who are bad for saying so.

What a cowards game. Only a half man or an undeveloped woman behaves in this shameful manner. How is personal growth, and development as a better human being possible, when one cannot, and will not take, or accept blame for anything in life? That kind of behavior is the polar opposite of Buddhism, or any spiritual practice, for that matter. Look within for the source of the problem. Deflection is the work of a coward, and a worm. Not an adult.

And in case you needed it, it is absolute empirical proof as to how completely broken the Thai judicial system is. Just the fact that a judge will even review a case like this is an embarrassment to the nation.

Well, this is what I think about any religion. Wether it's Christianity or being a vegan.

People seem to have the need of believing that something will make their life better. It's basically playing lottery in real life.

Quite poor examples considering that the basics of Christianity are concerned with making other peoples lives better and that the majority of Vegans are concerned with making animals lives better which both obviously achievable goals and with no resemblance of a lottery whatsoever.

Quite poor examples considering that the basics of Christianity are concerned with making other peoples lives better and that the majority of Vegans are concerned with making animals lives better which both obviously achievable goals and with no resemblance of a lottery whatsoever.

Dig a bit deeper and you'll see how the religions, any kind, are generally selfish behaviour, trying to boos ones ego/life in general. Works well as an excuse to the question "Why I'm not as good as I'm supposed to be. I must be weak."

For me all is good as long as these superstitions don't try to affect the real world, where the rest of us are living. This is what is happening in this case and the cases of other religions every now and then.

Dig a bit deeper and you'll see how the religions, any kind, are generally selfish behaviour, trying to boos ones ego/life in general. Works well as an excuse to the question "Why I'm not as good as I'm supposed to be. I must be weak."

For me all is good as long as these superstitions don't try to affect the real world, where the rest of us are living. This is what is happening in this case and the cases of other religions every now and then.

I'm afraid it is you who has not dug deep, you merely state childish stereotypes, which although are themes present within religions, are also not all that is occurring. For instance, Christians in the UK have been feeding people via food banks, over 600 of them run by Christian groups feeding over 1 million people. You don't want these people to "try to affect the real world", so basically you would deny poor people food. Similarly with Veganism, you deny animals emancipation from exploitation seemingly solely because you fear that their emancipators have big egos. Your attempt to paint religion as being self centered is actually rather ironic.

I'm afraid it is you who has not dug deep, you merely state childish stereotypes, which although are themes present within religions, are also not all that is occurring. For instance, Christians in the UK have been feeding people via food banks, over 600 of them run by Christian groups feeding over 1 million people. You don't want these people to "try to affect the real world", so basically you would deny poor people food. Similarly with Veganism, you deny animals emancipation from exploitation seemingly solely because you fear that their emancipators have big egos. Your attempt to paint religion as being self centered is actually rather ironic.

I'm not here to preach. I'm just saying it's the ordinary people, not the religion, who are feeling the need to help others. The people are the ones who are feeding the million people in the UK. That is all good, as long as the religions does not get the credit what the good hearted people do.

I do think that religions, as servants, are good for keeping masses of people in control. However, when the religions try to use their masters powers, over the ordinary people, religions become evil.

Good people don't need religions, but naturally it's easier to do good in masses. For sure it's much more easy to get a credit to oneself, when others pray for the good things one has done. Religions facilitate or abuse, mostly both, this power. However it's not the only way to do good, it's just the most public way to do so. Today's world surely seem to like to put the self centered folks to the limelight.

I could not possible agree more. That is when you are referring to really sincere Christians, unlike Donald Trump, who barely knows the first name of Christ. And sincere Buddhists, who really practice what the Prophet taught. Luk Thep is the opposite of Buddhism on so many levels. And as far as a Vegan diet goes, one has to wonder why Olinki is so offended by that so as to offer it as an example of playing lottery? It is such a personal choice. Who cares what kind of life a person chooses. I say power to them, for having the courage, conviction and principal to be a vegan.

I'm not here to preach. I'm just saying it's the ordinary people, not the religion, who are feeling the need to help others. The people are the ones who are feeding the million people in the UK. That is all good, as long as the religions does not get the credit what the good hearted people do.

I do think that religions, as servants, are good for keeping masses of people in control. However, when the religions try to use their masters powers, over the ordinary people, religions become evil.

Good people don't need religions, but naturally it's easier to do good in masses. For sure it's much more easy to get a credit to oneself, when others pray for the good things one has done. Religions facilitate or abuse, mostly both, this power. However it's not the only way to do good, it's just the most public way to do so. Today's world surely seem to like to put the self centered folks to the limelight.

Sure, some good people have independently set up food banks and fed poor people, but it is the organization and huge membership of the church that has facilitated the success of the food banks, that is just a fact, without the churches involvement it would only be smaller. And of course the religion deserves some credit as that is what brought those good people together on such a scale as to make it work.

You go on to regurgitate more boring childish cliches, great work.

I could not possible agree more. That is when you are referring to really sincere Christians, unlike Donald Trump, who barely knows the first name of Christ. And sincere Buddhists, who really practice what the Prophet taught. Luk Thep is the opposite of Buddhism on so many levels. And as far as a Vegan diet goes, one has to wonder why Olinki is so offended by that so as to offer it as an example of playing lottery? It is such a personal choice. Who cares what kind of life a person chooses. I say power to them, for having the courage, conviction and principal to be a vegan.

A lot of people like to criticize Christianity because they hate the ethos of the religion, they hate the idea of selflessness, they hate the idea of charity and they hate the idea of turning the other cheek, they chastise the religion using a minority of bad Christians as their rational, when truly it is because they don't want to be inconvenienced by being good people.

Sure, some good people have independently set up food banks and fed poor people, but it is the organization and huge membership of the church that has facilitated the success of the food banks, that is just a fact, without the churches involvement it would only be smaller. And of course the religion deserves some credit as that is what brought those good people together on such a scale as to make it work.

We could easily say that without the churches, we would actively share our love to fellow human beings in everyday life. There would not be any need for food banks for poor people.

That's what is happening in everyday life in Thailand. Poor people are allowed to eat for free at the small street restaurants. Yes, I have seen it to happen and yes I have also donated few baths to support the next person who needs the food, but can't afford it.

That is called common sense. There is no need for religions to care about others. What we need is a bit of humanity.

A lot of people like to criticize Christianity because they hate the ethos of the religion, they hate the idea of selflessness, they hate the idea of charity and they hate the idea of turning the other cheek, they chastise the religion using a minority of bad Christians as their rational, when truly it is because they don't want to be inconvenienced by being good people.

As it happens, the most selfish people I have met here in Thailand, has been in a christian 'helping organisation'. The front was all good, but when dug a bit deeper, it was basically a convert organisation, which main aim was not to help the people in a great need, but to convert them to christianity. Really, really ugly thing to do. Really, really ugly way to mess with people's heads. I will never forget what that 'do good, for god' organisation did.

Why the heck there should be a reason to form a group, simply to help others? Do think that for an moment. And an another moment.

As it happens, the most selfish people I have met here in Thailand, has been in a christian 'helping organisation'. The front was all good, but when dug a bit deeper, it was basically a convert organisation, which main aim was not to help the people in a great need, but to convert them to christianity. Really, really ugly thing to do. Really, really ugly way to mess with people's heads. I will never forget what that 'do good, for god' organisation did.

Why the heck there should be a reason to form a group, simply to help others? Do think that for an moment. And an another moment.

In general I am opposed to missions, however they can actually do good by converting persecuted minority tribes, some people are persecuted by modern day religious followers merely for practicing animism, and by "converting" them to Christianity, and by this I actually mean in name but not in practice, they can escape this persecution, it can be as simple solution as having Christian written on their ID card which escapes them a potential jail sentence.

To answer your question, because together we can achieve more. Did you not even give that a moments thought? The irony is killing me. cheesy.gif

We could easily say that without the churches, we would actively share our love to fellow human beings in everyday life. There would not be any need for food banks for poor people.

That's what is happening in everyday life in Thailand. Poor people are allowed to eat for free at the small street restaurants. Yes, I have seen it to happen and yes I have also donated few baths to support the next person who needs the food, but can't afford it.

That is called common sense. There is no need for religions to care about others. What we need is a bit of humanity.

But we did not achieve what it without the church so your random claim that "we could easily say that without the churches" is not based on any reality, you might be right but we will never know as it was with the churches that we did do it, I am afraid it is just your imagination.

Thailand is a terrible example, it is the most religious country in the world and follows a religion centered largely on charity.

In general I am opposed to missions, however they can actually do good by converting persecuted minority tribes, some people are persecuted by modern day religious followers merely for practicing animism, and by "converting" them to Christianity, and by this I actually mean in name but not in practice, they can escape this persecution, it can be as simple solution as having Christian written on their ID card which escapes them a potential jail sentence.

To answer your question, because together we can achieve more. Did you not even give that a moments thought? The irony is killing me. cheesy.gif

I'm sorry but you are seriously naive.

Which is more ridiculous: To believe spirits can possess a doll, or to have a little house in your garden reserved for spirits, to regularly take them little things to eat to earn their good favour, but not believe they can possess a doll?

Total nonsense. Many people don't like religion because of all the harm has been done in the name of religion and is still being done in the name of religion. On all fronts.

Thais any of you reading this? You know that if you were reading this in a newspaper from a civilized country you would be a laughing stock, even worthy of admission to a mental institution. What does that say about your country and its value system?

"Similarly with Veganism, you deny animals emancipation from exploitation seemingly solely because you fear that their emancipators have big egos." My italics.

Are you real? Many animals are farmed to feed people! Humans have been eating animals since time immemorial - a long time before Veganism and Vegetarianism became "trendy". And now we have emancipation of animals? A new "trendy" movement? Plants have "feelings" also? Let's "emancipate" weeds, eh? Oh, don't forget fish - I have heard a few of them make noises. Guess they must have "feelings" also? Damn those dolphins eating other smaller fish. And what about whales eating plankton? Sharks eat people. Let's emancipate people so sharks do not eat them? And the silliness goes on ad infinitum, ad nauseam. (google those if you not understand).

Remember - Nature gives, nature takes away! Humans may contribute to the process.

Sadly, religions have forever caused so much division;-

between families and within families,

between religions and within religions,

between nations and within nations.

and seems now between Thai visa news members on the subject of "those" dolls. wai.gif

Just thinking about whats out there in the "indescribable" universe, and how we at micro level are all made when two invisible bits of nothing get together to make our "indescribable" bodies, to be uniquely "us" with different faces and personalities, and have a brain to try to contemplate all this, and with love for one another and to help one another in our short time vertical.

Food banks (Christian and not) is just one example being posted. So much goodness out there happens un-boasted, un-mentioned so to speak.

Just reading all the angst and banter in the posts, and wondering if we just have peace, forgiveness and tolerance towards different views and those people who have "those" dolls. Maybe they/we all are "on the road" to a higher belief?

Am wondering about us all universally to stop focusing on other people (who will always let us down), and "turn our eyes towards Jesus", the Christ that someone in a post said Donald Trump didn't know his first name?

It's purely an individual choice where to turn our eyes; on others or ourselves.

In the posts about dolls, with every new post there seems to be a mellowing common thread of love and respect coming through, and even occasionally ; "how great is our God".

I personally very much respect every one's right to believe and love how they choose.

Just watching, just saying, and thinking ;- "Live and let live".

Could the biggest picture after-all, of "what's it all about" be summed up in one word; Love?

Peace be with you.

P.S. Back on topic; Maybe those dolls are/were a clever bit of merchandising towards the gullible? and is it fair to think all Thais should be tarred with the same brush? i.e. how many really bought a doll?

Archived