Blind Woman Denies Writing Defamatory Facebook Messages About 'Luk Thep'

rooster59

A lot of people like to criticize Christianity because they hate the ethos of the religion, they hate the idea of selflessness, they hate the idea of charity and they hate the idea of turning the other cheek, they chastise the religion using a minority of bad Christians as their rational, when truly it is because they don't want to be inconvenienced by being good people.

Total nonsense. Many people don't like religion because of all the harm has been done in the name of religion and is still being done in the name of religion. On all fronts.

There are many people who dislike Christianity for that reason, obviously they are not great thinkers but they clearly exist, but that does nothing to nonsense my statement that many dislike the religion for the reasons that I gave, guess what, there are an awful lot of people who dislike Christianity and not all for the same reason and for many it really is as an excuse to not be a decent human being.

"Similarly with Veganism, you deny animals emancipation from exploitation seemingly solely because you fear that their emancipators have big egos." My italics.

Are you real? Many animals are farmed to feed people! Humans have been eating animals since time immemorial - a long time before Veganism and Vegetarianism became "trendy". And now we have emancipation of animals? A new "trendy" movement? Plants have "feelings" also? Let's "emancipate" weeds, eh? Oh, don't forget fish - I have heard a few of them make noises. Guess they must have "feelings" also? Damn those dolphins eating other smaller fish. And what about whales eating plankton? Sharks eat people. Let's emancipate people so sharks do not eat them? And the silliness goes on ad infinitum, ad nauseam. (google those if you not understand).

Remember - Nature gives, nature takes away! Humans may contribute to the process.

Ignorance to the extreme, for a start, this "trend" has been trendy for over 2500 years, you might note you are on a Thai website, in a Buddhist country, a religion which believes in treating all animals like you would expect to be treated, whose founder spoke against eating meat, whose monks do not eat meat and instead share their food with animals and care for sick and injured animals.

What you also neglect is that worldwide we have not been intensively farming animals since time immemorial, we have been doing it since time still within living memory. Pigs did not used to be kept in such close confines that they went insane and cannibalized, cows were not kept in such filthy conditions that we created outbreaks of e-coli, chickens were not kept in such small cages that they killed and ate each other, turkeys were not fed until they were so overweight that they broke their own legs, and the list goes on and on. Complacence and ignorance were what allowed inhumane and unhealthy practices to develop and become commonplace, creating diseases such as E-coli, MRSA, Campylobacter, Salmonella and BSE, all modern diseases, all a direct result of animal exploitation.

Your analogy of emancipating people from sharks is so poor I hardly know where to begin. You really should have begun by looking up 'emancipate',you know it has nothing to do with food, right, and you know that sharks are not our slave masters, right? Sharks are not exploiting people, they occasionally eat people, quite different things, you cannot "emancipate" a deer in the forest being tracked by a hunter but you can emancipate a battery farmed hen into an open field, get it now? That is why I appreciate vegans and vegetarians, because they have changed things within farming and the food industry and they are changes that really make a difference to animal welfare and food safety, and they continue to campaign for further changes that will only be beneficial to animals and people. I eat meat but I want the animals to have a decent life and I want my meat to be free from horrible diseases, simples.

What surprises me is that the article is all about whether or not she did it. Instead of the most shocking thing, which is that this case is being taken seriously instead of being dismissed with a stern warning about being a nuisance to the legal system.

You can't make a doll lose face, other than physically removing its face. And you can't defame a nonentity. Next we will see lawsuits about people defaming pickup trucks or furniture.

A new level of gobsmacked for me. This country really needs some adult intercession.

Using food banks as an example of religious people doing good deeds is deeply naive.

Firstly, it's another example of religion as the opium of the masses: a pressure value to relieve pressure on a wider society that could or should be taking more responsibility instead of using religion as a crutch.

Secondly, it is a fake altruism because those apparent selfless actions are done to unlock the gates of Heaven. Go right back to the source and Christ apparently said the only way is through him. Altruism for its own sake is something completely alien to Christianity, even before it becomes an organized religion.

This isn't to say all Christians are selfish, but the underlying motivation of their belief system most definitely is. Christ and God never practised what they apparently preached, instead it was all 'me, me, me.'

-

As to the dolls, I like the comment by a previous poster who observes how these silly dolls are little different from spirit houses, but of course they just seem more overtly absurd.

A lot of people like to criticize Christianity because they hate the ethos of the religion, they hate the idea of selflessness, they hate the idea of charity and they hate the idea of turning the other cheek, they chastise the religion using a minority of bad Christians as their rational, when truly it is because they don't want to be inconvenienced by being good people.

Total nonsense. Many people don't like religion because of all the harm has been done in the name of religion and is still being done in the name of religion. On all fronts.

There are many people who dislike Christianity for that reason, obviously they are not great thinkers but they clearly exist, but that does nothing to nonsense my statement that many dislike the religion for the reasons that I gave, guess what, there are an awful lot of people who dislike Christianity and not all for the same reason and for many it really is as an excuse to not be a decent human being.

I strongly disagree with you, and will leave it at that.

"Similarly with Veganism, you deny animals emancipation from exploitation seemingly solely because you fear that their emancipators have big egos." My italics.

Are you real? Many animals are farmed to feed people! Humans have been eating animals since time immemorial - a long time before Veganism and Vegetarianism became "trendy". And now we have emancipation of animals? A new "trendy" movement? Plants have "feelings" also? Let's "emancipate" weeds, eh? Oh, don't forget fish - I have heard a few of them make noises. Guess they must have "feelings" also? Damn those dolphins eating other smaller fish. And what about whales eating plankton? Sharks eat people. Let's emancipate people so sharks do not eat them? And the silliness goes on ad infinitum, ad nauseam. (google those if you not understand).

Remember - Nature gives, nature takes away! Humans may contribute to the process.

Ignorance to the extreme, for a start, this "trend" has been trendy for over 2500 years, you might note you are on a Thai website, in a Buddhist country, a religion which believes in treating all animals like you would expect to be treated, whose founder spoke against eating meat, whose monks do not eat meat and instead share their food with animals and care for sick and injured animals.

What you also neglect is that worldwide we have not been intensively farming animals since time immemorial, we have been doing it since time still within living memory. Pigs did not used to be kept in such close confines that they went insane and cannibalized, cows were not kept in such filthy conditions that we created outbreaks of e-coli, chickens were not kept in such small cages that they killed and ate each other, turkeys were not fed until they were so overweight that they broke their own legs, and the list goes on and on. Complacence and ignorance were what allowed inhumane and unhealthy practices to develop and become commonplace, creating diseases such as E-coli, MRSA, Campylobacter, Salmonella and BSE, all modern diseases, all a direct result of animal exploitation.

Your analogy of emancipating people from sharks is so poor I hardly know where to begin. You really should have begun by looking up 'emancipate',you know it has nothing to do with food, right, and you know that sharks are not our slave masters, right? Sharks are not exploiting people, they occasionally eat people, quite different things, you cannot "emancipate" a deer in the forest being tracked by a hunter but you can emancipate a battery farmed hen into an open field, get it now? That is why I appreciate vegans and vegetarians, because they have changed things within farming and the food industry and they are changes that really make a difference to animal welfare and food safety, and they continue to campaign for further changes that will only be beneficial to animals and people. I eat meat but I want the animals to have a decent life and I want my meat to be free from horrible diseases, simples.

Yup, it sure got you. The sheer "silliness" of it all. gigglem.gif .

Channada deserves mocking. To any degree. By anybody. These dolls are miles, and miles beyond ridiculous, and anyone using them is a fool and a goon. Ancient superstition that has no place in the 21st century. I could sort of see someone using dolls like these in the 22nd century BC. Before scientific treatises were available, and the internet. But today? What tomfoolery. Anyone using them deserves utter, and complete mockery beyond description. To even consider the possibility that a soul resides within one of these dolls? To feed them, clothe them, bring them to restaurants? Unbelievable nonsense.

I thought selfie stick were the most ridiculous invention of the past few years. Now, we have one that blows away the selfie stick, in terms of self absorption, and an utter waste of one's precious life, time and resources. Find a charity to devote your time and effort to. But, a doll? Come on people. Get it together.

Didn't know what Luk Thep was and after reading your post I googled it..... I am in shock, seriously i have no words for this really.

I cannot believe what people are believing, where do you find the words.

Have a look at the link below. how there is any kind of legal case arising from this I don't know, it's absurd..

http://mashable.com/2016/01/26/thailand-look-thep-dolls/

I thought this thread was about the Luk Thep doll and a defamation case but here you are using it to bash Christians.

There are approximately 2.5 billion Christians in the world, many I warrant a lot smarter then you (unless of course you are claiming to be a greater thinker then all the Christians in the World).

Get a life,,,,

Channada deserves mocking. To any degree. By anybody. These dolls are miles, and miles beyond ridiculous, and anyone using them is a fool and a goon. Ancient superstition that has no place in the 21st century. I could sort of see someone using dolls like these in the 22nd century BC. Before scientific treatises were available, and the internet. But today? What tomfoolery. Anyone using them deserves utter, and complete mockery beyond description. To even consider the possibility that a soul resides within one of these dolls? To feed them, clothe them, bring them to restaurants? Unbelievable nonsense.

I thought selfie stick were the most ridiculous invention of the past few years. Now, we have one that blows away the selfie stick, in terms of self absorption, and an utter waste of one's precious life, time and resources. Find a charity to devote your time and effort to. But, a doll? Come on people. Get it together.

Didn't know what Luk Thep was and after reading your post I googled it..... I am in shock, seriously i have no words for this really.

Have a look at the link below. how there is any kind of legal case arising from this I don't know, it's absurd..

True that. Beyond infantile. Just carrying one of these dolls is an admission that you are not a well developed adult, and believe in neanderthal levels of superstition, and accept the bizarre notion that a soul can, and will travel into a doll and occupy it, thereby somehow making it sacred. That would be something I would be hiding, not parading around. Why is the act of an adult partnering up with a doll, not considered a loss of face? How does the Buddhist clergy allow people to continue believing in this nonsense? I cannot imagine the wise elders of the faith believe it for a nanosecond. A soul traveling into a doll? What's up with that? That is some crazy belief. And I am a very open minded guy!

Apparently the whole trend started when an idiot celebrity brought one of these ridiculous dolls onto a TV show. Many people the world over want to be famous, and want to be celebrities, and some want to emulate everything they do, apparently.

Why do people believe the dolls are possessed by a child's spirit? Though many of the Luk Thep are imported, they reportedly go through a ritual in Thailand that involves implanting them with a child's soul. They became popular when local celebrities started posting on social media about the impact the dolls have had on their lives. Today, owners frequently share photos of winning lottery tickets, attributing their luck to the dolls, which range in size from 10 to 22 inches in height. Prices start from 3,500 baht ($97) but can go up to as high as 13,000 baht ($362) for the limited edition dolls imported from the United States.

A very amusing article from CNN, on people who fly with their dolls. This excerpt comes from that article.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/26/aviation/thai-smile-airways-luk-thep-doll/

Well, this is what I think about any religion. Wether it's Christianity or being a vegan.

People seem to have the need of believing that something will make their life better. It's basically playing lottery in real life.

Religion is nothing to do with people "having the need to make their life better", clearly you are very poorly informed and really have no clue what you are talking about.

If you have no belief in anything that's fine, but don't criticism others for believing that there is something else or making it sound like they are all desperate people needing something.

It seems this whole thread has become another religion bashing for bitter people,,, please go and crawl back to wherever you came from.

True that. Beyond infantile. Just carrying one of these dolls is an admission that you are not a well developed adult, and believe in neanderthal levels of superstition, and accept the bizarre notion that a soul can, and will travel into a doll and occupy it, thereby somehow making it sacred. That would be something I would be hiding, not parading around. Why is the act of an adult partnering up with a doll, not considered a loss of face? How does the Buddhist clergy allow people to continue believing in this nonsense? I cannot imagine the wise elders of the faith believe it for a nanosecond. A soul traveling into a doll? What's up with that? That is some crazy belief. And I am a very open minded guy!

Apparently the whole trend started when an idiot celebrity brought one of these ridiculous dolls onto a TV show. Many people the world over want to be famous, and want to be celebrities, and some want to emulate everything they do, apparently.

Why do people believe the dolls are possessed by a child's spirit? Though many of the Luk Thep are imported, they reportedly go through a ritual in Thailand that involves implanting them with a child's soul. They became popular when local celebrities started posting on social media about the impact the dolls have had on their lives. Today, owners frequently share photos of winning lottery tickets, attributing their luck to the dolls, which range in size from 10 to 22 inches in height. Prices start from 3,500 baht ($97) but can go up to as high as 13,000 baht ($362) for the limited edition dolls imported from the United States.

A very amusing article from CNN, on people who fly with their dolls. This excerpt comes from that article.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/26/aviation/thai-smile-airways-luk-thep-doll/

Ermmm, these are "grown adults"! Can you imagine what you would say to someone you knew who went out and bought one of these? I would check his/her temperature and make an appointment at the Doc's as quickly as possible.

I think if you were anywhere else and you told your friends the reason why you take your doll everywhere is because it is alive with the spirit of a dead child you would be sectioned.

I want to see the ceremony they do to invite the dead childs spirit into the doll, in fact i have just got to see it, grown adults chanting away for a spirit to enter the doll.

Sounds like Chucky to me,,

I thought this thread was about the Luk Thep doll and a defamation case but here you are using it to bash Christians.

There are approximately 2.5 billion Christians in the world, many I warrant a lot smarter then you (unless of course you are claiming to be a greater thinker then all the Christians in the World).

Get a life,,,,

If you care to re-read what I wrote then you will see that I am calling those who dislike all Christians due to harm that has been done in the past by some Christians, as being "not great thinkers", no one who chastises a whole religion based on some peoples actions is much of a thinker at all. And my other point being the fact that many are opposed to Christianity as it imposes values that are better than they aspire to be. So I'm really not bashing Christians at all, quite the opposite, I am defending them, thanks, but we are way off topic here, granted.

I guess in a year or two, once the Luk Theps have been given full human rights, folks no longer think it's weird to sue someone for leaving a doll to a hot car without supervision.

Well, at least the news are entertaining, if nothing else.

And yes, I noted that this case is a person agains another.

Yeah! The doll should have sued.

Never mind, When Expats cotton to the defamation laws the Thaivisa Forums moderators won't have to punish flamers. Our Avatars may even be able to sue each other under Thai law.

Get a life,,,,

If you care to re-read what I wrote then you will see that I am calling those who dislike all Christians due to harm that has been done in the past by some Christians, as being "not great thinkers", no one who chastises a whole religion based on some peoples actions is much of a thinker at all. And my other point being the fact that many are opposed to Christianity as it imposes values that are better than they aspire to be. So I'm really not bashing Christians at all, quite the opposite, I am defending them, thanks, but we are way off topic here, granted.

I see, please accept my apologies, I misread your post.

For me, I get frustrated with people assuming that Christians are stupid, indeed they are not. Some of the greatest thinkers in our generation are believers in God, including professors at most of the leading Universities in the world today. So, perhaps I am a little sensitive to the topic.

People should choose to believe what they want to believe (unless they are being conned as I believe they are with these expensive, plastic dolls)

In this topic, I am in disbelief that some manufacturer has made some plastic dolls (because that is all they are) and in some "Chucky" like ceremony at home people actually believe that they call a dead childs spirit to possess the plastic doll..

Well, I would like to know what is different about the doll? I suspect nothing except the price tag. Because if you could perform some kind of chant to enter the doll wouldn't any doll do?

For this case i cannot believe the legal system is actually taking this seriously, to me it is no more damaging then someone criticizing someone else Barbie.

Have a great day..

Anyone consider that the "establishment/power brokers" are worried about losing control/power over Thai peoples? Think carefully. Think it through. Yup, just a doll to some but powerful to others.

Archived