Scores of students injured as tour guide training group bus flips, rolls off road north of Phuket

rooster59

BREAKING: Scores of students injured as tour guide training group bus flips, rolls off road north of Phuket

Eakkapop Thongtub

post-247607-0-51832300-1456647513_thumb.

PHANG NGA: Dozens of Thai tour guide students are being treated for injuries sustained in an accident this morning in which the bus they were travelling on lost control and smashed into a rubber tree before flipping and rolling off the side of the road.

The incident happened at aproximately 8.30am this morning in Khok Kloi sub district, in Phang Nga's Ta Kua Thung distrit, on the bypass road to Phang Nga Town, about five kilometres north of Sarasin Bridge, the bridge connecting Phang Nga and Phuket provinces.

The driver of the bus was named as Mr Tanapon Prakobmit, 32, of Nakhon Ratchasim, who gave report to Pol Maj Suttipong Rodsong of Kok Kloi Police that the bus load of 35 passengers were students training to obtain tour guide licensure.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/breaking-scores-of-students-injured-as-tour-guide-training-group-bus-flips-rolls-off-road-north-of-phuket-56396.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-02-28

RIP if someone did not make it.

But a good experience for the Thai tour guide students who did. Nothing like real battlefield conditions to get you up to speed. But I sure this not their first brush with death on Thailand's highways.

maybe they will include first responder trauma first aid, extraction of bodies from wreckage, proper use of body bags, ID of tourist bodies and the proper way to point at the dead tourists in a group photo to their tour guide training.

After all, no "tour' of Thailand is complete without a good old fashion bus accident.

""The driver said that there was a problem with the front wheels, causing him to zig zag on the road and he wasn't able to control the bus, which hit a rubber tree, before rolling off the road," said Pol Maj Suttipong."

the driver went on to say "i talked to the wheels this morning and said 'i hope you don't think having no tread is a excuse for not doing what i tell you. there is place for lazy wheels on this bus. and don't try to blame the brakes like last time. i'm on to your tricks"

and i am too lazy to look for my post and copy and paste on the last bus accident about down shifting, basic speed law, driver training... bla bla bla.

""The driver said that there was a problem with the front wheels, causing him to zig zag on the road and he wasn't able to control the bus, which hit a rubber tree, before rolling off the road," said Pol Maj Suttipong."

Hmmm, I wonder if that could explain the strange behavior of the front wheels? facepalm.gif

Maybe he was bombed out of his brains at the time, maybe not. What I have observed in this country is that public vehicle drivers (especially in the age group of the subject) think it's "gaeng" to drive fast, especially when there's a load of uni students on board, as long as they don't trash the bus, cos then they'd lose their job, sorry, I meant might hurt somebody.

Hmmm, I wonder if that could explain the strange behavior of the front wheels? facepalm.gif

Unfortunate typo in that article: "The driver was charged with wreckless driving..." gigglem.gif

A problem with the front wheels that caused him to zig zag. Well, I have to say, that's a new excuse I haven't heard before.

Could be a mistake and the problem was the steering wheel. If he drove all night 8.00 am would be just about right.

A nut loose behind the wheel is another probable cause.

Unfortunate typo in that article: "The driver was charged with wreckless driving..." gigglem.gif

??????

It was a REALITY lesson.

Items on the students checklist:

1. Bus cannot proceed without all occupants wearing seatbelts (including the driver).

2. Ask the driver to slow down if necessary.

3. First aid training required for tour guides.

Am I being unrealistic? Think so . . .

Killing Roads continue. When Thai police starts doing what is right? Teach by taking points, taking driving licence away, putting those responsible to to court and behind bars. The driving course should be emphasizing that they travel with people , not potatos. But on the other hand, can you expect that this killing will stop?

......in which the bus they were travelling on lost control and smashed into a rubber tree before flipping and rolling off the side of the road.

ny question ... what was the rubber tree doing in the middle of the road, causing the bus to smash into it, flipping and rolling off the side of the road?

Archived