Scores of students injured as tour guide training group bus flips, rolls off road north of Phuket

rooster59

""The driver said that there was a problem with the front wheels, causing him to zig zag on the road and he wasn't able to control the bus, which hit a rubber tree, before rolling off the road," said Pol Maj Suttipong."

Hmmm, I wonder if that could explain the strange behavior of the front wheels? facepalm.gif

"charged with wreckless driving"

is what the article about the meth pipe says.... wonder what he would have been charged for the wreck

Driver of wrecked student tour guide bus arrested after police find meth pipe
Eakkapop Thongtub

1456648992_1.jpg
An unnamed woman tried to prevent police and media from getting near the wrecked bus, stirring up suspicions that led to the search which uncovered a meth pipe.

PHANG NGA: -- Police have arrested and charged the driver of a bus that wrecked north of Phuket this morning after crystal meth smoking device was found in the wreckage.

Tanapon Prakobmit, 32, of Nakhon Ratchasima had initially gave report that there was a problem with the bus' front wheels causing him to lose control of it.

However, police became suspicious when another unnamed woman tried to prevent police officers and members of the media from getting anywhere near the bus wreckage.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/driver-of-wrecked-student-tour-guide-bus-arrested-after-police-find-meth-pipe-56397.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-02-29

Student tour guide bus crash driver tested positive for drugs, say police
Eakkapop Thongtub

1456806373_1-org.jpg
Officials question bus driver Tanapon Prakobmit, 32, of Nakhon Ratchasima (in light green T-shirt), at the scene of the accident.

PHUKET: -- Police in Phang Nga have today (Mar 1) confirmed that the driver of a bus which crashed north of Phuket on Sunday (Feb 28) while carrying Thai student tour guides tested positive for drugs.

Pol Maj Suttipong Rodsong of Kok Kloi Police told The Phuket News today, “A device used for smoking crystal meth (ya ice) was found in the bus. No one on the bus admitted to owning the device so officers conducted urine tests of all those on board.

“All results came back negative except for that of the of the bus driver whose test came back positive,” he said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/student-tour-guide-bus-crash-driver-tested-positive-for-drugs-say-police-56421.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-03-01

No surprise to me that the driver tested positive ... normal driving techique here in Thailand commercial driving ..

I take a van from Chon Buri to BKK on a weekly basis...the drivers are reckless and careless in every instance...the last time, the driver consistently drove over 130 km...dodging in and out of traffic...moreover, he was yelling into his phone during the entire trip...I yelled at him a few times to slow down/put the phone away..no one else seemed distressed at all...i finally entreated the other passengers to say something...another passenger told me that they were afraid to say anything to the driver because he was "crazy" and might kill us all as he was having a fight with his gf...we all just buckled up and finished the ride...

i have no idea why the police fail to patrol the roads here...the only time i see them is when they set up road blocks looking for bribes and fines...it's such an easy solution to constant and dangerous problem...

No surprise to me that the driver tested positive ... normal driving techique here in Thailand commercial driving ..

I take a van from Chon Buri to BKK on a weekly basis...the drivers are reckless and careless in every instance...the last time, the driver consistently drove over 130 km...dodging in and out of traffic...moreover, he was yelling into his phone during the entire trip...I yelled at him a few times to slow down/put the phone away..no one else seemed distressed at all...i finally entreated the other passengers to say something...another passenger told me that they were afraid to say anything to the driver because he was "crazy" and might kill us all as he was having a fight with his gf...we all just buckled up and finished the ride...

i have no idea why the police fail to patrol the roads here...the only time i see them is when they set up road blocks looking for bribes and fines...it's such an easy solution to constant and dangerous problem...

Dumb question... why would you ride in this van?

Archived