General Prawit hopes Thaksin will not speak anything bad against Thailand

webfact

General Prawit hopes Thaksin will not speak anything bad against Thailand

2802001-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan said he hopes fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra will not speak anything in public which will hurts his own home country “because he is a Thai and must love the country”.

The deputy prime minister in charge of security affairs made the above statement when asked by a reporter about Thaksin being invited by the World Policy Institute to give a talk in New York on March 9 about democracy and situation in Thailand.

He said he was not worried about what the ex-prime minister was to speak at the forum but hopes that the latter would speak something positive to the country otherwise the country cannot move forward.

Personally, he said hopes Thaksin will loves his home country because he is a Thai.

The prime minister also brushed aside the suggestion by former prime minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh that an election be moved forward to be held this year, saying that the political roadmap has already been set and accepted by all parties concerned.

He said he had sympathy for General Chavalit and would like the latter to take a rest because he was very old. He assured that the National Council for Peace and Order would not say on in power more than it was stipulated in the roadmap because he, too, was tire and would like to take a rest.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/152751

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-29

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still wondering why not issue an international warrant to arrest thaksin? Or international countries don't believe in Thailand justice? Even ASEAN countries like Singapore?

The very fact that the WPI will allow this cold-blooded criminal who came to power by a fake “democratic” system to use WPI as a stage to promote himself proves that they don't. It will be a disgrace to the ethical global efforts and the reputation of WPI to have a fugitive and a corrupt politician speaking on WPI’s stage, and is absolutely not one of the WPI’s principles.

I am sure Thaksin will not say anything bad about Thailand; but perhaps what General Prawit hopes is that Thaksin does not say anything bad against the current government.

Enough said.

Yes exactly but Mr. T can safely criticise since he's not in the country but look what can happen to people who are here and dare to speak out.

When Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan first came to my attention on Thai language TV I thought he was an important diplomat from the PRC! Assumptions......they can get you everytime!

I don't think Thaksin is going to be listening to the views of this government.........whistling.gif

I can't understand why he's worried, there IS nothing bad to speak against Thailand........perfect in every way! Just ask a local.

And it's about the only thing actually taught in schools.

A slight correction there NKK.

From Birth.

He just hopes Thaksin will not speak at all, corrupt for sure as the product of a corrupt system the same as the rest of them. They are not bothered about the odd bit of corruption or nepotism, they are all into that, they still fear Thaksin because of his popularity.

I am still wondering why not issue an international warrant to arrest thaksin? Or international countries don't believe in Thailand justice? Even ASEAN countries like Singapore?

Possibly because they fear for his safety, and that the charges would be to settle a political score rather than administer justice.

And still he is the major thorn in the side of the ptb continually being referenced to. No doubt that sometime in the future he,or his like,will be here again calling the shots.

The country is in major freefall, does it really matter who is pointing out the facts. Plenty of international news media have aleady had their say and it is not complimentary.

I think they are worried about Thaksin speaking some TRUTH... and not just coming out with the usual Government B/S

that is being thrown about at this time.

Thaksin speaking some truth ? "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I would like to give you a detailed account of how I managed to fool the uneducated rural population, cause a terrible and violent division within the country, and at the same time pillage the state coffers to the point whereby some other party was morally forced to step in and bring a halt to it". Would it go something like that, I wonder ?

"I am sooo tired and would like to take a rest, not because I am very old like Chavalit, but because I went to Russia last week and I am still hung-over. But I will soldier on ( pun thumbsup.gif ), because I am Thai and therefore love my country very much, but I love my government even more, because my PM has given me songs of love! Therefore, our labor of love is far from finished and we must stay reluctantly in power, because our roadmap says so, and although we have a map, we still have no road to take us anywhere. So I have suggested to our leader that we should start building the road in a simple shape, like a circle. Do you understand how tiring all of this is? I would like to take a nap now."

Well, to start with - in other countries T would be referred to "fugitive" only because that is his present status.
Referring to past positions is like calling a Grandpa "baby".
Nobody ever undertook serious efforts to get him arrested and brought home to face the music.
Chavalit is a prime example of lucky dinosaur who never had to face the music as well, should be happy (senility helps) and shut up.

Only once steps are taken in those directions everybody can claim that Thailand is moving forward and started to inch its way to the, say, 20th century. Once there we can talk about the next step. But hurry, as Thailands time in ASEAN is more than running out!

Archived