Bangkok Bank - Maximum Daily Withdrawl

dingdongrb

Reading some older posts I see some are saying that their BKK Bank daily withdrawal is at a max of 500k THB. Mine is set at 50k.

I have gone into my home branch (Big C Hangdong) a couple of times with the most recent yesterday requesting for an increase and they have always denied it.

I know the max ATM withdrawal per transaction is 25k THB. That is not my concern. My concern is being able to do a single transfer into another account for more than 50k THB a day. Or if needed being able to make a purchase of more than 50k THB in a single day.

Anyone have any success on getting theirs increased and how does a person go about doing it as it's obvious my home branch doesn't want to help.

I generally keep a sizable balance in my account most times (over 1m THB) and I just might threaten them to take my money out and open another account elsewhere.

I think you may be confusing ATM withdrawal limits with limits on other transactions. ATM withdrawal limits are typically set between 50 and 100k Baht per day, there are no limits on passbook/over the counter withdrawals or on any other types of transactions.

You might want to go out of your way and take your bank book into a main office. Often times different branches of the same bank will do things a little different. Change the limit there and it should be honored at your local bank.

I would think so. I could be wrong. If they will not do it as you say find another bank.

Nope, not confused at all.

Like I said I know the ATM max per transaction is 25k. I can do 2 of those per day (50k) and no more.

In Dec I bought a new house. Went to HomePro and tired buying 3 Aircon at 25k ea (total 75k) and my card we declined. I called the bank to ask why and the reply I got was that the 75k exceeded my daily allowance of 50k.

Just yesterday I went and transferred 12k to my landlord's BBK bank account for March rent. Immediately after that I tried transferring 50k into my wife's Siam Bank account and it was declined. That's when I went into my home branch and asked why. Again the reply I received was that with both transactions (total 62k) it would exceed my daily allowable maximum. I asked to have it increased. Was declined.

Like I said I know the ATM max per transaction is 25k. I can do 2 of those per day (50k) and no more.

In Dec I bought a new house. Went to HomePro and tired buying 3 Aircon at 25k ea (total 75k) and my card we declined. I called the bank to ask why and the reply I got was that the 75k exceeded my daily allowance of 50k.

Just yesterday I went and transferred 12k to my landlord's BBK bank account for March rent. Immediately after that I tried transferring 50k into my wife's Siam Bank account and it was declined. That's when I went into my home branch and asked why. Again the reply I received was that with both transactions (total 62k) it would exceed my daily allowable maximum. I asked to have it increased. Was declined.

Change banks.

You might want to go out of your way and take your bank book into a main office. Often times different branches of the same bank will do things a little different. Change the limit there and it should be honored at your local bank.

I would think so. I could be wrong. If they will not do it as you say find another bank.

Okay, I'll try that and see, thx.

Makes it sound like the banking system in LOS is much like the Immigration system... :-)

I say that because when I was in Surin over the holidays I had to do my 90 day check-in. I have been doing it here in CM for the past 8 years and this was the first time I did it in Surin. I can't recall what town it was at but it was a border town near Cambodia. I walked in, was greeted with a friendly smile, and asked the reason I was there. I stated I needed to do my 90 day check-in. They took me to an inside office, sat me down, and asked for my passport. I handed them my passport along with the 90 day form and all the typical copied pages of my passport which were signed. The officer handed me every single copy of those passport pages back and said, 'We don't need that'. I stated that CM always requested them. He laughed and said, 'We're not CM.' Less than five minutes later I was out of there...

Threaten to change banks.

When I opened my Kasikorn account, I asked about raising my daily ATM limit and was told I could do it any time by calling into any branch. The maximum transfer amount is 50K in one transaction but I can and have done several in succession in the same day. They also offer transfers within one and two days up one million Baht.

Okay, I'll try that and see, thx.

Makes it sound like the banking system in LOS is much like the Immigration system... :-)

I say that because when I was in Surin over the holidays I had to do my 90 day check-in. I have been doing it here in CM for the past 8 years and this was the first time I did it in Surin. I can't recall what town it was at but it was a border town near Cambodia. I walked in, was greeted with a friendly smile, and asked the reason I was there. I stated I needed to do my 90 day check-in. They took me to an inside office, sat me down, and asked for my passport. I handed them my passport along with the 90 day form and all the typical copied pages of my passport which were signed. The officer handed me every single copy of those passport pages back and said, 'We don't need that'. I stated that CM always requested them. He laughed and said, 'We're not CM.' Less than five minutes later I was out of there...

To my knowledge Bank of Bangkok at the Big C is not a full service bank and this why your request is being denied. The immigration office you visited is Kap Choeng Immigratio in Kap Choeng 12 km from the Chong Chom border crossing into Cambodia and one of only 2 crossing that you can drive your car across.

Sorry but I don't see where the problem is ! If you have Bangkok Bank Internet banking (Bualong iBanking) why you can't change the limits online. Mine is set at 300,000 from when I opened the account but the below graphic shows that I could increase it to 500K with just an OTOP, online:

post-10942-0-81070600-1456708099_thumb.p

Your ac deal is stated to be a card transaction, cards have limits and requirements that do not apply to withdrawals (using your passbook to make a withdrawal at a bank teller window). So it is a card problem.

Your second transaction was an attempted transfer, again not just a simple withdrawal, and again with different requirements. Was that a using a card too? If so that problem also has to do with your card and the conditions on it.

If I took my bank book into my home branch and they refused my request for a simple withdrawal, I would be changing banks asap.

I cannot remember exactly when, but, despite having held a BB account for over five years, at some stage fairly recently, I was prompted by my on-line banking to set a limit for my debit card purchases.

I set it at 50K baht.

My reason for setting it low was because of the lack of protection banks in Thailand afford account holders regarding account fraud.

In fact, I run two accounts. One with ATM card and one without ATN card. Large balances I keep in the non-atm card account. I transfer my everyday requirements to my atm account on-line.

Keeping 1million+ baht in an account with a large card limit, strikes me as foolish.

The daily ATM limit of 2 x 25K baht is no problem since large amounts can be easily withdrawn from your home branch.

Transfer of amounts larger than your on-line/atm/card limit, to another account, can be carried out at your branch using your passbook and passport as id.

(Assuming, of course, your home branch is close to home, you are not working and have time to visit your branch...)

I think you may be confusing ATM withdrawal limits with limits on other transactions. ATM withdrawal limits are typically set between 50 and 100k Baht per day, there are no limits on passbook/over the counter withdrawals or on any other types of transactions.

Would that this were true. Bangkok Bank limits my activity to 50K a day out of the account. So if, like today, I spend 30K online... I can then only withdraw 20K from the ATM. Which is annoying to say the least - particularly as the first time it happened I had no clue that this was the case and I metaphorically messed my trousers at the ATM when it said; "No money for you" when I had more than enough money according to my internet banking.

Some like SR above are still confused .Go into any main Bangkok bank with your bank book plus identity such as your Passport ,and you can take out one million baht plus without a problem .

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt...

Some like SR above are still confused .Go into any main Bangkok bank with your bank book plus identity such as your Passport ,and you can take out one million baht plus without a problem .

Absolutely, I can't begin to imagine a bank anywhere that restricts account activity to a certain level, regardless of all factors, it simply just doesn't happen. Imagine walking into your home branch with your passbook and your passbook and being told no, you can't transact again today, you've exceeded your quota. But but but, I've got a million baht in my account, I want some money. NO, go away, you've already had enough today, come back tomorrow - it's the stuff of comedy sketches for sure, if some of you guys are buying that then you shouldn't be allowed to own bank accounts!

I agree with Chiang Mai's posting. I do not understand how the OP's problem can have arisen. I have walked into my (large) Bangkok Bank branch and taken out two million in cash from my account, with no questions asked. There has never been any question of a limit on accessing my own money. My limit on online transfers is 500,000B per day (which appears to be the highest allowable), but I have transferred 1.5MB, just spread it over three days. My credit card does of course have a limit, but that is a different matter.

Sorry you are confused as SR is providing an example of what my problem is.... Whether over the counter, online, or ATM purchases the maximum amount allowable on my card is 50k THB a day total.....

I don't want to have to go to bank, wait in queue, and then make a transaction at the counter, I want to be able to have the convenience of doing this at an ATM.

I fully understand the post about having 2 accounts in order to minimize/eliminate any fraud but I only use my card at ATM machines and not make counter purchases with it. The Aircon buy was actually where I was attempting to withdrawal 25k THB from the ATM as I had enough cash for the purchase balance. The machine wouldn't give me 25k because I had taken 30k out earlier in the day. I pay cash for everything! Except where I make bank-to-bank transfers. I make it a point to use the same couple of ATM machines all the time. They are machines that are located right outside a branch, have heavy traffic, and are open areas so the possibility of someone installing a skimmer is highly unlikely. Someone can just as easily steal your identity if they are wanting to commit fraud and take your money regardless whether or not that you have a card which doesn't make ATM withdrawals.

And for the person who showed screenshots where a person can go online and make limit changes to your account, that's nice but for whatever reasons BBK Bank doesn't allow me to have online access to my account. I asked before and they declined.

I agree with Chiang Mai's posting. I do not understand how the OP's problem can have arisen. I have walked into my (large) Bangkok Bank branch and taken out two million in cash from my account, with no questions asked. There has never been any question of a limit on accessing my own money. My limit on online transfers is 500,000B per day (which appears to be the highest allowable), but I have transferred 1.5MB, just spread it over three days. My credit card does of course have a limit, but that is a different matter.

My issue has nothing to do with going into the bank, my issue is transactions that take place outside of the bank, particularly the ATM. The maximum I can spend at a store or take out from an ATM or transfer using an ATM is 50k per day..... Was my original post really that hard to understand?

My issue has nothing to do with going into the bank, my issue is transactions that take place outside of the bank, particularly the ATM. The maximum I can spend at a store or take out from an ATM or transfer using an ATM is 50k per day..... Was my original post really that hard to understand?

Neither your topic title nor your original post made it clear that your problem was only about a limit on your card use.

Almost everybody has limits on their cards imposed by banks around the world and 50,000 Baht/day is not an unusually low amount.

Sorry you are confused as SR is providing an example of what my problem is.... Whether over the counter, online, or ATM purchases the maximum amount allowable on my card is 50k THB a day total.....

I don't want to have to go to bank, wait in queue, and then make a transaction at the counter, I want to be able to have the convenience of doing this at an ATM.

I fully understand the post about having 2 accounts in order to minimize/eliminate any fraud but I only use my card at ATM machines and not make counter purchases with it. The Aircon buy was actually where I was attempting to withdrawal 25k THB from the ATM as I had enough cash for the purchase balance. The machine wouldn't give me 25k because I had taken 30k out earlier in the day. I pay cash for everything! Except where I make bank-to-bank transfers. I make it a point to use the same couple of ATM machines all the time. They are machines that are located right outside a branch, have heavy traffic, and are open areas so the possibility of someone installing a skimmer is highly unlikely. Someone can just as easily steal your identity if they are wanting to commit fraud and take your money regardless whether or not that you have a card which doesn't make ATM withdrawals.

And for the person who showed screenshots where a person can go online and make limit changes to your account, that's nice but for whatever reasons BBK Bank doesn't allow me to have online access to my account. I asked before and they declined.

Numerous and many TV members bank at BBK and have Bualong iBanking access. Prohibiting it "for whatever reasons" wouldn't be acceptable to me, as a customer.

If your daily limits are set at an unacceptable level, If the bank will not grant you iBanking access (so you can change the daily limits yourself) and if the bank will not change the daily limits for you.....why would you stay at that bank, if that is what you want your bank to provide?

It sounds as if you are the person who is confused as to what the problem is, and that is: your bank is not providing you with the service you require and you are allowing them to do that.

As they say, "up to you".

Threaten to change banks.

When I opened my Kasikorn account, I asked about raising my daily ATM limit and was told I could do it any time by calling into any branch. The maximum transfer amount is 50K in one transaction but I can and have done several in succession in the same day. They also offer transfers within one and two days up one million Baht.

Indeed. Change to K-Bank.

I think the maximum daily amount on my Lloyds Debit card is 500 quid.

But I can use it to make purchases bigger than that, so this Daily Limit on card purchases stuff is new to me.

Having said that, remember that it does provide some measure of protection if your card and number is stolen and/or misused.

why you no just pay by card?

Well yes, actually and then it became even more difficult to understand because you later wrote, "Whether over the counter, online, or ATM purchases the maximum amount allowable on my card is 50k THB a day total.....". "Over the counter" implies inside the branch although you later say "My issue has nothing to do with going into the bank"!

Moving on: as you now know every bank and every card has a limit of some sort, you've been assigned 50k baht and you want to transact over that limit but don't want to go into the bank (or maybe you do, who knows) and use a passbook and you can't get the bank to upgrade your daily limit. Seems you have too choices, change banks or live with it. Personally, I have several bank cards in Thailand and the biggest problem I have is getting them to lower the limit to an acceptable level that reduces my risk from theft or fraud, neither UOB nor CIMB want to do that. Be careful what you wish for, consumer protection here is not the same as in Kansas.

Quote from the OP

"Reading some older posts I see some are saying that their BKK Bank daily withdrawal is at a max of 500k THB. Mine is set at 50k. "

Note that there is no mention of ATM or Card.

Use common sense....... If you have 1,000,000 baht in your account and wanted to close your account, would you expect to get 50,000 each day for 20 days??? I don't think so...I have not ever heard of a bank where you could not withdraw up to the amount you have on deposit. Now understand , we are not talking ATM withdrawal or debit card which will of course have daily limits.

Some are confusing apples and oranges

Something is being lost in translation. Everybody can access their own money and can have on-line access to their accounts! Seriously - you have it all wrong.

What you can't do is use your ATM card to do it - only up to a certain amount.

Also have two accounts only one with a card and minimal funds.

Never had a problem getting any amount of cash here. Back home need to book a week in advance as the banks have no money.

The O P is using his debit card as an ATM card and for purchases. The problem is that the card has a daily limit of 50k which he is clearly breaching by trying to make a purchase of 75k and also an ATM withdrawal and a transfer which again exceed the set limit of activity of 50k. He needs to speak to someone in authority at his branch and sort the situation of the limit out, and then manage his pattern of transactions to stay within the set limit.

Archived