'Possessed by Ghosts,' villagers in eastern Thailand force neighbors to strip

webfact

Middle Ages ignorance and superstition is alive and well, and living in Thailand.

All over the world, not just in Thailand.

Walking on water, living in the belly of a wale, raising the dead, a white guy born in the middle east, an African named moses who looked like Charleston Heston, or penguins from antartica who walked to the desert in the middle east to get on a boat!cheesy.gif

And that is only one of many popular superstitious cults in the world!wai2.gif

Penguins on the arch?

How long did it take Moses to check if they were gay or not? :-)

Errrr...Moses never made it to the ark

Moses was born in Africa, lived his entire life in Africa and died in Africa.

He never even made it to the "promised Land'.

Moses was an African man. Noah was probably a dark skinned middle eastern man, like Jesus.

attachicon.gifMoses_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Erm, who ever said Jesus was white? And i suppose people thought he spoke English as well and not Aramaic?

Schizophrenia?

I would say that most communities, world wide, have a proportion of believers in ghosts... Arguably Jesus was one too, rising from the dead and all.... Or a revenant perhaps

Either way, this is a new one for me, hopefully the victims weren't hurt too much...., because it's kind of funny

Schizophrenia?

I would say that most communities, world wide, have a proportion of believers in ghosts... Arguably Jesus was one too, rising from the dead and all.... Or a revenant perhaps

Either way, this is a new one for me, hopefully the victims weren't hurt too much...., because it's kind of funny

You are right, most if not all countries have people who believe there are ghosts. To my knowledge most religions believe too, certainly Christians, Muslims and Buddhists do (although there are some differences in interpretation).

However, most sensible people don't believe stories like this where these people claim to be temporarily possessed (3 of them at exactly the same time) by a mischievous, pervert Ghost who asks people to strip naked!

Walking on water, living in the belly of a wale, raising the dead, a white guy born in the middle east, an African named moses who looked like Charleston Heston, or penguins from antartica who walked to the desert in the middle east to get on a boat!cheesy.gif

Penguins on the arch?

How long did it take Moses to check if they were gay or not? :-)

Errrr...Moses never made it to the ark

Moses was born in Africa, lived his entire life in Africa and died in Africa.

He never even made it to the "promised Land'.

Moses was an African man. Noah was probably a dark skinned middle eastern man, like Jesus.

attachicon.gifMoses_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Erm, who ever said Jesus was white? And i suppose people thought he spoke English as well and not Aramaic?

Ohhh? And I thought he was talking German :-)

Now I wonder, what language do ghosts speak?

Do foreign ghosts need work permits to spook people in Thailand?

Middle Ages ignorance and superstition is alive and well, and living in Thailand.

SADLY not just in Thailand. Imagine if one of the potential candidates in the US Election was not to claim a belief in 'Middle Ages ignorance and superstition ' -- end of their campaign

I come from a country where 82% of people believe a holy man (and it has to be a man) doing incantations in Latin (and it has to be Latin) turns bread and wine into the body and blood of a dead king (who isn't really dead, yet died for all our sins (real and imaginary) for a whole three days), and his followers regularly (at least once a week) participate in a cannibalistic ritual (eating and drinking his flesh and blood) as they celebrate a Human Sacrifice. Many believe by doing this they will know morality and mortality (will live forever in a paradise after death). Many believe that he will also ward off evils including real illness and imaginary illnesses (gayness). Strange beliefs some people have.

SADLY not just in Thailand. Imagine if one of the potential candidates in the US Election was not to claim a belief in 'Middle Ages ignorance and superstition ' -- end of their campaign

I come from a country where 82% of people believe a holy man (and it has to be a man) doing incantations in Latin (and it has to be Latin) turns bread and wine into the body and blood of a dead king (who isn't really dead, yet died for all our sins (real and imaginary) for a whole three days), and his followers regularly (at least once a week) participate in a cannibalistic ritual (eating and drinking his flesh and blood) as they celebrate a Human Sacrifice. Many believe by doing this they will know morality and mortality (will live forever in a paradise after death). Many believe that he will also ward off evils including real illness and imaginary illnesses (gayness). Strange beliefs some people have.

All nonsense invented to keep the masses down and forced them to hand over their hard earned cash. Karl Marx got it right, "Religion is the opium of the people."

the USA too...about 30% of people there believe in ghosts...

why do clothes have ghosts too? i never see any naked ghosts...hmmm....

YES lots of armour and head tucked under arm,but not naked , Why ?

And the first miracle, a man born in Palestine finds friends called Mathew, Mark, John, Paul ( bit of a travelling name changer there ) and a few others that he could go drinking with. ?

Athiests are the vermin of the world. Truly add no value and are a waste of space. A disgusting mob who should all be rounded up, sent to deserted islands and then sent packing.

And the first miracle, a man born in Palestine finds friends called Mathew, Mark, John, Paul ( bit of a travelling name changer there ) and a few others that he could go drinking with. ?

Athiests are the vermin of the world. Truly add no value and are a waste of space. A disgusting mob who should all be rounded up, sent to deserted islands and then sent packing.

A truly stupid statement by a stupid man.... Especially with arch bishop pell currently being interrogated over the Catholic church's long standing practice of raping little boys.

And your saying now that a child rapist is a better man than someone who simply doesn't accept that there is a divine entity, out there somewhere, watching people suffer

Over time, mankind has believed in a plethora of gods and religious doctrines... And yet people still can't agree on the subject, because it's BS, but I like to think that the only excuse to believe in a fictitional god like character, is because you can't believe in yourself.

But by all means, delude yourself as much as you like, and in so doing, continue to support the abuses that almost all church's perpetrate on their congregation, from the taliban chopping off The heads of non believers in their God.... Their God... (So they too, are better than a peaceable atheist, as they believe in a god) all the way down to the misappropriation of donated funds

A good man simply needs to live life well, help those he can and abide by the laws of the community, verses tearing people limb from limb ( inquisition style) or deliberately targeting a rival religious group for extermination (Islam style)

So grow up, and try to live in harmony with your fellow man.... As Gods have always been a figment of mans superstitions

And anyway, if there is a god, he's an evil vindictive bustard, and not something to be worshipped

I recently had a night with the spirits and it went like this, 3 whiskies,four vodkas,two gins,5 brandies,then I lost count of the bourbon,etc,etc, and later when I was lying on the floor several heavy weights fell on me after I kicked the table and all the empty bottles landed on me.

Then these same spirits woke me up and made me take my trousers and underpants off so that I could go for a p---s

We can only hope that one day the Thais will throw off the controlling monks and come into the real world.

If you are a farang product of western Christian religion, especially Catholicism, then don't be a typical hypocrite bashing on the Thais, re: ignorance and superstitious beliefs, in the super-natural phenomenae, eh? whistling.gif

A truly stupid statement by a stupid man.... Especially with arch bishop pell currently being interrogated over the Catholic church's long standing practice of raping little boys.

And your saying now that a child rapist is a better man than someone who simply doesn't accept that there is a divine entity, out there somewhere, watching people suffer

Over time, mankind has believed in a plethora of gods and religious doctrines... And yet people still can't agree on the subject, because it's BS, but I like to think that the only excuse to believe in a fictitional god like character, is because you can't believe in yourself.

But by all means, delude yourself as much as you like, and in so doing, continue to support the abuses that almost all church's perpetrate on their congregation, from the taliban chopping off The heads of non believers in their God.... Their God... (So they too, are better than a peaceable atheist, as they believe in a god) all the way down to the misappropriation of donated funds

A good man simply needs to live life well, help those he can and abide by the laws of the community, verses tearing people limb from limb ( inquisition style) or deliberately targeting a rival religious group for extermination (Islam style)

So grow up, and try to live in harmony with your fellow man.... As Gods have always been a figment of mans superstitions

And anyway, if there is a god, he's an evil vindictive bustard, and not something to be worshipped

You are a joke of a person, you do not know even know me and yet you call me stupid. There is a high chance that I am smarter than you. A typical, pathetic athiest who is too arrogant for his/her own good. What has Catholicism got to do with anything here? I have more respect for Muslims than athiests like you, at least they acknowledge that there is a higher being.

Good to hear from a religious person that very christian spirit of forgiveness and understanding that you are spouting.

Signed

An Atheist

You are a joke of a person, you do not know even know me and yet you call me stupid. There is a high chance that I am smarter than you. A typical, pathetic athiest who is too arrogant for his/her own good. What has Catholicism got to do with anything here? I have more respect for Muslims than athiests like you, at least they acknowledge that there is a higher being.

Got any photos of him you can post ?

My my... A rave... By a bigot, no less.

Let's see... Your smarter than me, whilst I'm pathetic and arrogant. Ok then, show me how smart you are and name a couple of instances were atheists have had the arrogance to slaughter the believers of a god, any God will do, and at any point in history, because I'm of the opinion, that there is nothing more arrogant than taking the life of someone who holds a different belief/ opinion than ones self.... And to then claim it as a service to their God.... Disgusting, don't you think? Oh sorry.... you have made it clear that you think it's OK.

What next... Let's review your bigoted statement.... Ah yes... What has catholicism got to do with it? Really?. You decried atheistism in the most disparaging of terms, which can only mean that you are religious... Catholicism is a main stream religion, as in Islam... whilst not forgetting the plethora of gods, throughout history, all of which I referred to, as a counter to your outrageous comment, because you laid no claim to an adherence to any particular faith, and so I provided a couple of examples of the evils of religion. Simple as that... It's an example, nothing more. Surely not to hard to understand

But.... Go ahead... Tell me which faith you belong to and perhaps we can discuss its unique shortfallings, as compared to those of atheism.... Unless your a follower of L Ron Hubbard and the church of Scientology, because, at the moment, I'm unaware of bigotry by that faith (Jews are pretty cool, too)

The only way you could be smarter than me, which I cannot rule out, would be if your one of those autistic people, as portrayed by Dustin Hoffman in "the Rainman" , or the Sheldon cooper character in "Big Bang Theory", which is an assumption based on your bigotry... As bigots tend to be not to bright bullies.... Whist. An educated man would have used more than a one paragraph rave, to argue his point against atheism

As to not believing in a higher power... Well I'm sorry if I don't go throwing myself to the ground to beg forgiveness for the evils I have done, from an imaginary friend / God.... I believe instead that it's better to not do evil in the first place, and if I do, the correct person to beg forgiveness from is the person victimized by my actions.

To other, more enlightened readers, apologies for such a long reply, and I would invite CoreanoOzzie to reply via PM.... As its kind of embarrassing for me, to see he's a fellow Aussie... But then, CoreanoOzzie, please don't bother if you are just going to repeat the same unfounded gibberish.

Archived