Keto Lifestyle in Thailand: What do YOU eat?

EmptyHead

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, THAIPHUKET said:

And what has been the effect so far, physically and mood-wise? How about negative effects?

Sent from my Pixel using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

For me: mentally, more energy. Physically, lost more weight than I wanted to lose and need to stuff down some extra calories every day. Overall, I will not know how effective it has been in limited plaque build up in my arteries until September.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2016 at 6:21 PM, bkkreed said:

I suggest you check out http://perfecthealthdiet.com/ The author is a scientist and excellent researcher. His diet is inherently fairly keto: Mostly veggies, healthy fat, some meat, fish, egg, etc. But the difference is that he gives very good evidence that some amount of "safe" carbs are ok, and in fact very beneficial long term. He always backs up his advice with good reasons and evidence.

Yes Dr Mercola  suggests that eliminating carbs entirely can have serious and long term health implications. 

If you can read Thai, or have access to someone who can, then there is a Facebook group called Thai Keto Friend which is full of tips on what is suitable for a low carb diet in Thailand.
I put in Thai keto friend in google and found this website and a facebook page of the same name

https://www.thaiketopal.com

Is it pal not a friend?

And I wouldn't trust Google Translate

There was a thread on here once what they must have used google translate to translate it with and they described a woman as a 50-year-old cucumber[emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

I put in Thai keto friend in google and found this website and a facebook page of the same name

https://www.thaiketopal.com

Is it pal not a friend?

And I wouldn't trust Google Translate

There was a thread on here once what they must have used google translate to translate it with and they described a woman as a 50-year-old cucumberemoji846.png

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

There are two Facebook groups, Thai keto pal, and Thai keto friends, they are connected in some way. My wife is involved with both. 

• 1 month later...

I been on keto now for 8-9 weeks, messed up first few weeks as not thought

that BBQ, ketchup,  mayonees have sugar, and almost everything I been eating

for the last 20 years is full of sugar so for 6 weeks now doing my own

mayo and going to do rest as well by my self. Lost 12 kg already,(10kg left to loose)

full of energy, focused and cant remember I felt this good for years. I follow 2 guys on

You Tube one Dr berg and one dude name Tomas DeLauer. Search their name + keto you find them.

They seams know their stuff and learned me a lot. One thing so far I not find

is stevia and MCT oil so any tips were you know they have?

15 hours ago, INV said:

I been on keto now for 8-9 weeks, messed up first few weeks as not thought

that BBQ, ketchup,  mayonees have sugar, and almost everything I been eating

for the last 20 years is full of sugar so for 6 weeks now doing my own

mayo and going to do rest as well by my self. Lost 12 kg already,(10kg left to loose)

full of energy, focused and cant remember I felt this good for years. I follow 2 guys on

You Tube one Dr berg and one dude name Tomas DeLauer. Search their name + keto you find them.

They seams know their stuff and learned me a lot. One thing so far I not find

is stevia and MCT oil so any tips were you know they have?

MCT : https://healtholicious.com/products/coconut-mct-oil-bangkok-thailand
Stevia: https://healthfoodthailand.com/en/sweet-healthy/930-stevia-liquid-90ml-.html

Sorry guys I missed also  the ops headline, what do you eat hehe.

My favorite is my beef burger, cheese, bacon, sallad tomato can eat that

every day if I have to hehe,. But else its just normal pork, chicken, sallad a lot, 

but its a bit boring but I have crappy kitchen so cant do all I want or

any owen things but looking for new house with a proper kitchen, love to cook.

I start every morning with a omelette with bacon, onion, eggs, tomato,1 glass of

apple cider vinager, damn I hate that drink, even if I add lot of lemon still taste less then good haha

but I can live with it if it make me handsome (still waiting for that part hehe)

But I need find more option as I getting bored about food.The intermitten fast part is the easy part for me.

Eat around 12-13, then 4 hours later next meal and then Iam good.

and thanks for the links

Bravo, great discipline. Guess what keeps me to get really deep into it is the longing for something to chew. Nuts are heavy in the stomach.

BTW I detected almost too late how tasty Canadian Bacon is if it is not  crispy and thereby dry

yeah I miss the small eating and chewing stuff, always something tasty to put in my mouth

every evening, well all day as well haha, Cant belive how much crap I eat before, just sugar,

sugar and more sugar. Now, nothing and I never felt this good, Its amazing. now next step

is hit the gym and start cardio.

I found this very tasty at any occlusion. Light &meets all criteria: lots of fat, basically no carbs.
https://eshop.tesco.com.my/groceries/en-GB/products/7072401796
Apple Cider Vinegar

Harvard edu https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/apple-cider-vinegar-diet-does-it-really-work-2018042513703

If you are trying to lose weight, adding apple cider vinegar to your diet probably won’t do the trick. Of course, you’d never suspect that was the case by the way it’s been trending on Google health searches. But the popularity of diets frequently has little to do with actual evidence.

3 hours ago, THAIPHUKET said:

Apple Cider Vinegar

Harvard edu https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/apple-cider-vinegar-diet-does-it-really-work-2018042513703

If you are trying to lose weight, adding apple cider vinegar to your diet probably won’t do the trick. Of course, you’d never suspect that was the case by the way it’s been trending on Google health searches. But the popularity of diets frequently has little to do with actual evidence.

I take apple cider vinegar with my salad and sometimes with other stuff. There are so many supposed tricks to lose weight but most don't really work or only work if your really obese (then its easy to lose some weight). 

I do know of things that do work but as with all things that work they are usually not safe, for instance the sibutramine that killed a few people it works and is safe for many (but not all that is why its pulled). 

Right now I am trying yohimbine HCL with my morning cardio.. according to bodybuilders its supposed to work.. but how much.. i mean you never know because its added to an already working diet and exercise plan. Its supposed to activate the last little bit of stubborn fat, getting more bloodflow there so the fat can be mobilized (wont work of course if there is no caloric deficit).

I usually resort to tricks to break through a plateau but the more you lose the harder it gets. 

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:13 AM, THAIPHUKET said:

Please name a meal that you don't get tired off, ie. like to have often.

I'm not the multi taster- type. Like to keep it simple.

I never get bored with a medium size,oven roast,(jacket) potato, brushed with olive oil and salt, combined with 

tuna mayonnaise and a little grated cheese... using light mayonnaise and sparingly.

Archived