Keto Lifestyle in Thailand: What do YOU eat?

EmptyHead

Due to the lack of a kitchen, my weekday diet is rather repetitive, but I don't get bored with it.

Breakfast is muesli and fruit juice

Lunch is a homemade salad, with red pepper, red cabbage, cucumber, 4-bean mix, cherry tomatoes, walnuts, pecans, sprinkled with chia, sunflower and flax seeds, with homemade kefir milk poured over it. Fresh fruit, such as grapes or pomelo.

Evening meal is a mix between oily fish or a fresh apple.

Snacks during the day are 3 lean chicken slices (prepacked, difficult to get decent meat in Naypyitaw), plus green tea, ginger, coffee, water drinks.

Weekends, I eat out at the Thai restaurant, drink a large beer :)

I have no issues with my weight now, down from 73 to 63 Kg (I have a compact body type, so my weight is in balance with my size).

Currently I cycle to from work (about 8 Km total), plus jog 5 Km after work each weekday, plus some abs work and chin-ups/pull-ups. Saturday is a rest day for gym work, and Sunday I cycle about 20 Kms.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
On 2/26/2017 at 3:25 PM, Prbkk said:

One of the most challenging issues is bread/ bread alternative ( yet to find anything approaching low carb bread, most of it, even the more exotic European styles are so full of sugar that the taste alone is abominable to anyone on no sugar).

So I make my own, 'bread' and muffins, usually following ketoking and others on YouTube ( simple ingredients, all readily available, many microwaveable). 

I mix 2 eggs almond meal, milk, psyllium and whey. To make pancakes.  No exact measurements. Psyllium I bring from oz

Archived