Aussie expat adventurer undertakes record-setting row across Atlantic

snoop1130

Aussie expat adventurer undertakes record-setting row across Atlantic
Isaac Stone Simonelli

post-249866-0-43736700-1456750691_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Australian head coach at Phuket’s Unit 27, Luke Richmond, has joined a team of three extraordinary adventurers as they attempt to set a Guinness World Record by rowing more than 6,000km of open sea, travelling from Portugal to Brazil.

Mr Richmond – already in peak condition from incorporating a NeuroPhysics training program from Ken Ware into his weekly schedule of crossfit, climbing and adventure training – was invited to join the rowing challenge after one of the team members was struck with appendicitis just two weeks from their scheduled departure. Without hesitation, Mr Richmond jumped on a plane to meet with Susannah Cass from Ireland, Mel Parker from the UK, and Jake Heath, also from the UK.

“I said yes immediately, without a single second of hesitation. Nothing can really prepare you for a task of such monumental undertaking, but I knew I had a skill set that could give it one hell of a go,” wrote Mr Richmond on Facebook.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Aussie-expat-adventurer-undertakes-recordsetting-row-across/63279?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-02-29

Archived