How Many Forum Members

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

it is spell check, checkers is a board gane :D

Ah, but in this case "checkers" is referring to 'people who check' and so is correct :D

Meanwhile, I think you'll find the board game is called draughts.

These two posts are demonstrating perfectly that the OP is 100% correct and therefore is not a joke and should be in 'forum support' :o

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

I am one of the 13 :o

Doctors remove lightbulb from man's ass

On Wednesday, Fateh Mohammad of Multan, Pakistan underwent surgery to have a lightbulb removed from his rectum. The prison inmate says he has no idea how it ended up there. From Reuters:

Mohammad, who is serving a four-year sentence for making liquor, prohibited for Muslims, said he was shocked when he was first told the cause of his discomfort. He swears he didn't know the bulb was there.

"When I woke up I felt a pain in my lower abdomen, but later in hospital, they told me this," Mohammad said.

"I don't know who did this to me. Police or other prisoners."

Link to Reuters article, Link to the classic Rectal Foreign Bodies page

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/06/30/docto...move_light.html

Fantastic contribution, mcd .................. it sums up the average thread brilliantly.... but you did forget the 4 calling birds, 3 gold rings, 2 turtle doves and a partridge flattering about somewhere in a pear tree............so we´ll move this to the pets section, shall we????? :o

BRILLIANT o.p. .. Truly Ruly, funny.

ut you forgot to answer your own O.P

So I'll add...

1 (the one and only) Klown to tot up all the little numbers and give a total of

funnily enough... :o 181 including ME! :D

But then we add

additionally ..

12 to be admonished for going off topic,

6 to apologize for same,

78 who reply with a emoticon only,

276 + 1 !! :D

Now, can we get this in the bedlam forum, pinned with posting instructions?

Bethlem was founded in 1247 as a priory. It was built just outside the north walls of the City of London, just east of Bishopsgate, on land owned by a City merchant Simon FitzMary. FitzMary gave the land to the monks of St Mary of Bethlehem, to found a priory

Bethlem was founded in 1247 as a priory. It was built just outside the north walls of the City of London, just east of Bishopsgate, on land owned by a City merchant Simon FitzMary. FitzMary gave the land to the monks of St Mary of Bethlehem, to found a priory

What the???