World considers a Trump presidency, and many shudder

webfact

Ivana Trump, well I wanna her 30 years ago. Now Ivana hump Trump's newest wife and daughter. If only they made it into the White House I would have never ending photos and my fantasies would know no bounds. But that is unlikely to happen because:

If ifs and buts

were candy and nuts

we'd all have a merry Christmas.

So I think I shall take George Carlin's position and just not vote later this year. None of these candidates, including Sanders, are talking substance. The American public deserves it all. Garbage in:garbage out.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ivana Trump, well I wanna her 30 years ago. Now Ivana hump Trump's newest wife and daughter. If only they made it into the White House I would have never ending photos and my fantasies would know no bounds. But that is unlikely to happen because:

If ifs and buts

were candy and nuts

So I think I shall take George Carlin's position and just not vote later this year. None of these candidates, including Sanders, are talking substance. The American public deserves it all. Garbage in:garbage out.

Not voting is not an admirably cool hip cynical "I'm a rebel" pose but an indefensible position in a situation like this.

Allowing George Bush into power resulted in 9/11, a useless massive futile lying war against Iraq that radically diminished the moral stature of the US , and a financial collapse that nearly tipped the world into a terminal downward spiral.

It MATTERS if you don't stop idiots being elected.

Yes, anyone but Trump.

He's THAT bad.

That's really the election in a nutshell this time.

How many people can be educated about how bad Trump is vs. those are seduced by his CON MAN act.

I remember 4 years ago you someone were was demonizing Romney, who by all accounts is a decent enough man and moderate politician. Back then he was a "kook" that belonged to a "cult" who "wears weird underwear". Today he's out singing the same song as you the "Hillary no matter what" folks about Trump. The Republicans didn't create Trump. He is just a reaction to the "Hillary no matter what" cult. Trump is a horrible candidate and may be a worse president, but worse than Hillary? I don't think so.

Anywho, I hope he makes it far enough to stir up some shit. That has value in and of itself.

Friends of Americans don't let Americans support Trump. Do an intervention.

Learn from history. Don't let this happen.

Are you inviting non Americans to invade the US and take over the country? I can't imagine any other course of action that would achieve what you want.

The UK government is going to look pretty stupid when Trump is president, as they actually discussed banning him from entering the country. However, I can't imagine them being stupid enough to interfere in the election.

No, Trump is the one who will look stupid if Trump becomes president, but by then it will be too late.

When I lived in the US I saw George W Bush, one of the worst presidents ever, being elected amidst general disbelief.

Trump is as far below Bush as Bush was below Lincoln. It will be dangerous for the entire world if the US elect this emotionally and intellectually stunted caricature of a man as their president. Anything would be better than this.

I agree with all that except your last sentence. It is the "anything would be better than this" kind of thinking that has led to a string of abysmal presidents. Support people with character and good ideas regardless of their electability or ability to easily institute policy. The people will rally round in time.

Yes, anyone but Trump.

He's THAT bad.

That's really the election in a nutshell this time.

How many people can be educated about how bad Trump is vs. those are seduced by his CON MAN act.

I remember 4 years ago you someone were was demonizing Romney, who by all accounts is a decent enough man and moderate politician.

Exactly. You hit the nail on the head. This is what the democrats do to EVERY republican candidate no matter what they are really like.

My problem with Trump is that I'm not convinced that they are wrong this time, but most people think they are - once again - crying wolf. I'm hoping that Trump turns out to be a great president - because it looks like he probably will win - but I certainly am not convinced of it.

Eight years of dumb republicans….eight years of weak, ineffectual democrats…the american people have had it with these two joker camps….Mr Trump brings a new life to the race.

Now we got Mitt Romney piling onto him…a two time loser berating a winner.

Should winners respond to losers?

Hell, no.

If ifs and buts

were candy and nuts

Not voting is not an admirably cool hip cynical "I'm a rebel" pose but an indefensible position in a situation like this.

Allowing George Bush into power resulted in 9/11, a useless massive futile lying war against Iraq that radically diminished the moral stature of the US , and a financial collapse that nearly tipped the world into a terminal downward spiral.

His point is they are all IDIOTS this time (the likely candidates). He and I don't often agree (although I really enjoy his posts), but this time we are probably on the same page. If it is a choice between Trump and Hillary, I'm not sure I will vote at all.

I doubt that anything would have changed if the chads had fallen the other way or if the Supremes had voted differently and Gore had been installed in 2000. The Democrats, including Obama and Clinton, have followed the neocons just as did the Republicans. The Democrats have followed the folly of the "neoliberal" economists just as did the Republicans. Both parties adhere to the same larger ideology with differences over secondary, although admittedly important, social issues that become newsworthy so as to provide the illusion of democracy, just so long as the ideology of the reigning political-economy is not discussed. The tactic is divide and conquer the masses. Only Sanders begins to diverge modestly from the neoliberal economic ideology, but only so far has to use the existing system to impose slightly more progressive income taxes. He does not challenge the system. And I assume that Trump, despite all his bombast, is a believer in the neoliberal "free market" ideology as well, and he is clearly a believer in the neocon ideology.

If Sanders were to run as an independent I might vote. If there are any third party alternatives on my local ballot I might vote. But I am not being hip in not voting if the choice is between Clinton and Trump. The difference is far less than you imagine. But imagining me as "hip" or a "rebel" is deserving of modest applause.

Many shudder. Especially the ones that will loose their foreign aid and others that will have import duty raised on their products.

You understand, that "economy" is not a one way street, do you?

The mighty US taketh away as the please and everybody falls into despair!

It doesn't quit work that way!

Last time I checked (yes it was years ago) the BRICs had tariffs of over 100 percent.

So yes, a one-way street.

Time to fix that.

BTW, nothing wrong with a hundred percent tariff. Works for the BRICs. And also worked for the US in the period of our most rapid development.

The free-trade orthodoxy parroted by English speakers in the modern era of one sided treaties is simply a scam.

I just cannot describe the utter glee with which I read the OP.

Brits, Continentals and Latin Americans all agog and dismayed. And the Saudis too!!

THANK YOU, Donald!!

Once upon a time, frogs were placed in a pot of comfy warm water. They happily sat there. The flame under the pot was low, so water's heat increased only slowly. Being frogs, their bodies adjusted to the gradual rise in temperature.

Then, one brash, outspoken frog realized what was going on, and decided he didn't want to boil. He prepared to jump out.

The other frogs croaked their dismay and outrage in a loud chorus.

The End

Oh my God! I almost laughed up a lung when reading this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-mitt-romney-begging-knees-2016-3

I can't believe Romney is allowing a desperate GOP to use him as their talking dog and is putting himself out there slinging drive-by insults.. He must have been bored sitting at home counting his money.

Oh my God! I almost laughed up a lung when reading this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-mitt-romney-begging-knees-2016-3

I can't believe Romney is allowing a desperate GOP to use him as their talking dog and is putting himself out there slinging drive-by insults.. He must have been bored sitting at home counting his money.

Trump deserves that and much more. This has only begun. Trump is going to trashed every day, harder and harder, until that psychopathic demagogue is BLOCKED. Get ready for the most ambitious NEGATIVE campaign in American history.

#NeverTrump

Until I read this article, I would not have considered voting for Trump.

But now the sounds of all those elitist Europeans and Arab camel-herders squealing in fearful horror at the prospect that their cosy, cushy wealth may be under threat from this American nationalist have converted me to Trumpism.

Long live the Trump.

Someone who calls Arabs "camel herders" would not have considered voting for Trump? Who do you think you are fooling? It's clear you are exactly the kind of voter he is targeting. And to make it perfectly clear, the kind of voter he is targeting is a bigot.

So, quite a large number of bigots out there, judging by the polling results.

If calling an Arab a "camel herder" is a sign of bigotry, I gladly embrace the intended insult.

Jesus Murphy - Trump has tiny little hands

They look plastic

Sort of like his faux hair

And his face looks rather sickly - sort of a paler shade of yellow?

With world class bags under his eyes

I never trust anyone with lips that inherently thin..

Incoming lawsuit pending in my mailbox?

Oh well..

Can't get blood out of a stone

coffee1.gif

Now that the media has spent a week assuring the winless Rubio that a full on attack is his only hope, tonight's debate should be good for a bit of comic relief:clap2:

Rubio won one

To win two would be good too

For him any who

Rubio has been winning the sound bites and he won the last debate. He is smarter than trump and funnier too. Too bad he can't usually use Donald's rules.

I am not crazy about Trump but the US survived GWB, perhaps the stupidest man ever to hold office in any country. The Senate and Congress - controlled by Corporations and super wealthy family's - run the show. A Republicsn Senate will be uniquely unsupportive of Trump. It will be business as usual - let the corporations plunder and pillage the US.

Right.
The US has survived to GWB but we in Europe suffer daily the consequences of its action.
There was a delicate balance in Middle-East with the leaders certainly questionable methods but it worked.
Bush came with its heavy-handed and an historical lying to impose its views. The result we now live. Isis replaced the old clans to put fire and blood area , sending us these millions of refugees fleeing terror.
Thank Mister Bush.
So one time it happens we don't knew, but not twice ...

Archived