3 huge snakes found in Nakhon Si Thammarat village, locals believe them to be holy

webfact

3 huge snakes found in Nakhon Si Thammarat village, locals believe them to be holy
Kwaang Siripoom

s.jpg

NAKHON SI THAMMARAT:-- Three large snakes which were discovered in a village in Nakhon Si Thammarat in southern Thailand, are likely to be holy, locals have claimed.

Rescue workers were called to a village in the Thung Song district on Tuesday after locals found one of the snakes hiding under the house of a resident. Rescue workers later identified the snake as a King Cobra, estimated to be 4 metres long and weighing between 10-15kg.

Later that evening rescue workers were once again called to the village following the discovery of a further two large snakes both said to be around 5 metres long and weighing around 20-25kg.

Locals were reported to have said they believe the appearance of the three large snakes was the work of spirits and have since lit candles and prayed in order to ask for forgiveness.

Rescue workers said the snakes would be released in the wild, away from local neighbourhoods and superstitious villagers.

Thai people are known to be superstitious and nothing plays on those superstitions more than the appearance of a large snake.

Last week in Phayao, northern Thailand, locals began worshipping a 5 metre long python that was found on a roadside water pipe because they believed it to be a guardian spirit sent to protect the village.

Last year, locals in Sisaket also claimed they had been blessed with good luck following the discovery of what they believed to be a half-crocodile-half-buffalo creature. Video footage at the time showed local villagers lighting incense sticks and making merit over the animal believing that it would bring them good luck.

Source: Khaosod.co.th

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-03

Ghost houses, snakes Jesus.

Last week one of my Thai neighbour sent me an envelope to put cash in and return to her, it was to be used to provide food and gifts for monks who were going to visit their house to wish and purchase I presume , good luck for her dead ancestors , I pointed out their good luck finished when they dropped dead, so do not involve me in these animistic rites, my response did not go over well, however it turned out I was viewed as a rich stupid farang, usual story.

Last week one of my Thai neighbour sent me an envelope to put cash in and return to her, it was to be used to provide food and gifts for monks who were going to visit their house to wish and purchase I presume , good luck for her dead ancestors , I pointed out their good luck finished when they dropped dead, so do not involve me in these animistic rites, my response did not go over well, however it turned out I was viewed as a rich stupid farang, usual story.

These are their belief's. I suppose you pointing out how wrong they are made you feel above them in some way. My grand mother would pray to Jesus and God before sleep every night. I would expect that most of our near ancestors did.

a couple of hundred baht in the envelope would keep harmony, so if you are viewed as a rich stupid farang they are being kind. A kee neow stupid farang may fit the bill better.

Jesus, the guy from the book with the talking snake?

Archived