Chinese robbers injured in gun duel with Thai police after failed gunshop robbery

webfact

The black gun in the bottom of the pictures is a Glock model 27 in S&W .40 caliber. Unusual for Thailand as much more 9mm is seen.

That gun is high quality but very small with a small grip and a short sight radius and it's very hard to shoot accurately. Apparently he decided to pick a gunfight with it and lost.

Reads like they took BB guns and knives to rob a ................ gun shop.

Guess it never occurred to them the owner might be a gun enthusiast a carry a loaded real gun.

Real smart.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm. see box cutters in the picture. they should know that only works for hijacking passenger jets, overpowering trained military pilots and causing 3 skyscrapers to fall into their own footprints using 2 planes.

After reading this headline:

Chinese robbers injured in gun duel with Thai police

I thought: "Wow, Thai police in the danger zone, that's cool"

then I read the clarifying article, posted an hour later:

The owner and staff fought back by shooting at them.

Upon alerted if the attempted gunshop robbery, acting Metropolitan Police commissioner Pol Lt Gen Sanit Mahatavorn rushed to the scene to investigate.

...and I thought: "Yes."

The black gun in the bottom of the pictures is a Glock model 27 in S&W .40 caliber. Unusual for Thailand as much more 9mm is seen.

That gun is high quality but very small with a small grip and a short sight radius and it's very hard to shoot accurately. Apparently he decided to pick a gunfight with it and lost.

Fortunately the gun is also a BB gun not real, but very good copy.

If there is something Thai cops love is a good gun fight with plenty of bullets flying around,

a good aggression releases for them being a gung ho kind just itching for a gun fight....

On the other hand, why the shop owner allow non Thai to touch a gun in his shop,

not like that they can buy any being non Thai.....

Non Thais can get a gun license in Thailand. It might require an envelope or two but it happens.

There's a "one stop- three in one" shop in a bigger city of lower northeast. You can have a coffee, some companionship for a few hours, or minutes

( seconds for the "faster ones") and you can buy a gun.

Isn't that amazing? smile.png

Sounds fun - where is it?

Chinese robbers injured in gun duel with gun shop owner

110-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Three Chinese robbers were shot and injured in a gun duel after they tried to rob a gunshop in Samyod area, the centre of gun selling in Bangkok, late this morning.

Two others were arrested later after the shooting.

The daring broad daylight robbery happened at Inter Arms shop at about 10 am.

Three Chinese nationals walked into the shop, pretending to be customers and asked the shop owner to have a look of some pistols and revolvers.

As the shop owner and one of his employees brought out the pistols and revolvers to show to them, they drew out guns in bid to rob.

A gun duel then broke out, and three robbers were injured along with the owner and his employee.

One was admitted to the Central Hospital and two others to Siriraj Piyamaharajkarun hospital.

Upon alerted if the attempted gunshop robbery, acting Metropolitan Police commissioner Pol Lt Gen Sanit Mahatavorn rushed to the scene to investigate.

A toy gun was also discovered inside a handbag of a robber.

Latest report said police arrested two other Chinese nationals suspected to belong to the same robbery gang.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/153619

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2016-03-04

From what I know the Chinese came armed with at least one BB gun and machete.

There's a "one stop- three in one" shop in a bigger city of lower northeast. You can have a coffee, some companionship for a few hours, or minutes

( seconds for the "faster ones") and you can buy a gun.

Isn't that amazing?

Now then, that would be my favourite kind of shop.

Pray, inform me where I can find that shop?

I don't doubt your expertise for even a moment but the article said that they were using BB guns. Could it be a replica?

I think when they start abusing the Chinese like they abused the Farangs, the Chinese will not join the Thai Visa forum and start complaining about this and that. They will take the guns out and start shooting :)

Damn. Now we not only have to put up with the dopey tourists, we're got Big Trouble in Little China mafia types. Mr. P forget about China, stick to the friends Thailand has already got, and got rid of the Japanese occupation for you.

Can anyone tell me what the hearing challenged sign language woman is doing in the screen dump ?

Original story says the robbers were armed with BB guns and knives. I'll believe your story though because how dumb can a China robber be to rob a gun store with a BB gun.

What you mean he lost ?, as i read he's wounded and in hospital and the four Chinese robbers are apprehended. and 2 or 3 are also wounded. not much details here...THX for the weapons expertise. on the other hand Glock against BB guns ? I prefer the Glock.!!!!

Regards.

Robbing people...by manufacturing counterfeit goods or at gun point is what the Chinese people have done for centuries...

Thailand wants to align itself with the Chinese...so they might learn how to better fleece tourists and ex-pats...

Just kidding...to all you bleeding heart Thai apologists...

Crime must be rampant in China , One of Chinas greatest exports, criminals.

Violent crime is not so prevalent in China simply because any idiot who wishes to try armed thuggery will be very quickly taken down, and if not eliminated will spend an awful long time under the control of thugs who are generally called prison wardens. Also I might add, being in procession of a fire arm in China illegally warrants the death penalty.I am convinced these fine Chinese robbers realised that the Thai police are pushovers . Most of them being 50 kg over weight certainly adds to that thought.

Original story says the robbers were armed with BB guns and knives. I'll believe your story though because how dumb can a China robber be to rob a gun store with a BB gun.
Anyone dumb enough to rob a gun shop in the first place probably has bottomless depths of stupidity in reserve.

If there is something Thai cops love is a good gun fight with plenty of bullets flying around,

a good aggression releases for them being a gung ho kind just itching for a gun fight....

On the other hand, why the shop owner allow non Thai to touch a gun in his shop,

not like that they can buy any being non Thai.....

What utter DRIVEL, most Thai cops that I have met would run a mile if their was a gunfight. The only time Thai cops use guns here is when they are pissed and up against someone with no defence or they have lost sufficient face, Wyatt Earp they certainly ain't!

They sometimes like to shoot defencless tourists and women though.....

Most of the time that there are reports of the cops here shooting, it usually involves a fleeing suspect, or shooting at a vehicle running in the opposite direction.

Archived