Chinese robbers injured in gun duel with Thai police after failed gunshop robbery

webfact

chinese gun shop robbers, shonky sunglass smugglers, khmer grubs in the crime news, takes the pressure off

the patts farang bridge players

"bridge players" Oh, how very original , wish I'd heard that one before.................

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The black gun in the bottom of the pictures is a Glock model 27 in S&W .40 caliber. Unusual for Thailand as much more 9mm is seen.

That gun is high quality but very small with a small grip and a short sight radius and it's very hard to shoot accurately. Apparently he decided to pick a gunfight with it and lost.

I don't doubt your expertise for even a moment but the article said that they were using BB guns. Could it be a replica?

He couldn't say for certain - he's neversure.... ;-)

The black gun in the bottom of the pictures is a Glock model 27 in S&W .40 caliber. Unusual for Thailand as much more 9mm is seen.

That gun is high quality but very small with a small grip and a short sight radius and it's very hard to shoot accurately. Apparently he decided to pick a gunfight with it and lost.

It's more likely to be a Glock 26 in 9mm. There are a lot of these in Thailand, including fakes, and it has the same body as the Glock 27 but is chambered in 9x19mm which is a standard NATO round and is very commonly available in Thailand. The gun in the picture could also an airsoft version of a Glock. Apparently they had a BB gun and this are available in realistic copies of Glocks. I agree with you that criminals wouldn't use a .40 caliber gun in Thailand. Too hard to find ammo and too easily traceable.

Beats me why they wanted to try to knock off a gun shop in Wang Burapha. Some one, if not several people, in a shop is guaranteed to have a loaded gun at hand in case of something like this. Thailand is awash with illegal guns for sale and it seemed like they already had one. Burapha is a crowded area with many police around, copious traffic jams that make escape difficult. Resale value of guns with government serial nos.etched on them would probably be lower than knock offs owing to traceability. You can file off the serial nos. but they are still detectable with good equipment and, even without that, it would be obvious what had been filed down.

It's also odd that the shop pulled out a bunch of guns to show the Chinese. Most don't want to sow guns to foreigners, as a they assume the foreigners can't get permits, since mainly only foreigners with PR or embassy security staff are eligible. The miscreants looked like sruffy b*ggers who were unlikely to have PR or embassy security staff.

BS, the 'Chinese' attackers were only armed with BB guns, did you miss that part...?

Beats me why they wanted to try to knock off a gun shop in Wang Burapha. Some one, if not several people, in a shop is guaranteed to have a loaded gun at hand in case of something like this. Thailand is awash with illegal guns for sale and it seemed like they already had one. Burapha is a crowded area with many police around, copious traffic jams that make escape difficult. Resale value of guns with government serial nos.etched on them would probably be lower than knock offs owing to traceability. You can file off the serial nos. but they are still detectable with good equipment and, even without that, it would be obvious what had been filed down.

It's also odd that the shop pulled out a bunch of guns to show the Chinese. Most don't want to sow guns to foreigners, as a they assume the foreigners can't get permits, since mainly only foreigners with PR or embassy security staff are eligible. The miscreants looked like sruffy b*ggers who were unlikely to have PR or embassy security staff.

Correct, most shops won't let you in (especially non-Thais), and, in my experience, you will anyway be asked to show the purchase permit before any gun appears on the counter, behind closed doors too.

IMO, if the BiBs got into 'a duel'(?!), it's they knew 'the Chinese' only had BB guns. Otherwise they would have waited to be with twenty or more to 'engage' them, and probably, in a rain of badly aimed bullets, have shot down a few of their comrades and some civilians around too...

Crime must be rampant in China , One of Chinas greatest exports, criminals.

another story on chinese crims but the same as the other stories about their activities WITHOUT ANY FACE PHOTOS OR FINGER POINTING,

Yeah good observation.... funny that they did not show their faces and the normal finger pointing......

Are they Thais? hmmmm this would be worth a journalistic probe or one by the ARMY. China getting the blame....

They have tagged Myanmar workers in the past, Lao workers in the past and now Chinese tourist.... I dont think the Chinese are that stupid!

Worth following up?

I'm not at all impressed. What sort of gunshop owner doesn't keep a riot gun under the counter to deter idiots. Just the "clack-clack" of cocking it would scare the crap out of most, and the chances of actually hitting your target is increased tenfold (9 for buckshot).

BS, the 'Chinese' attackers were only armed with BB guns, did you miss that part...?

No, I didn't miss that part but the subject gun in the photos isn't a BB gun. It's a Glock 27.

In the picture below it has been placed with other evidence. It has a standard Glock magazine which has been removed from the gun and put aside, below the gun, That's obviously for safety.

No it's not a 9mm. In other pictures the size of the barrel and rounds in the magazine are consistent with .40, not 9mm. If that same gun was a 9mm the barrel and rounds would have a smaller diameter.

Perhaps that gun belonged to the store or perhaps the reporters weren't 100%, but that's a very real Glock 27.

Cheers.

post-164212-0-83318100-1457134636_thumb.

post-164212-0-32107300-1457134478_thumb.

I will say it again: nearly ALL news involving Chinese people and China is BAD NEWS!!!

Chinese people who travel in Thailand are very arrogant and disrespectful, they smoke and spitting everywhere, even in a crowded hotel elevator.

I wish to ask whether or not there is a possibility that these Chinese robbers were in truth the ''Better quality Tourists'' that TAT so eagerly wish to attract?

If not and these Chinese robbers are resident here what is the situation visa and work permit wise?

I am sure that robbery is probably a restricted activity only to be conducted by Thai citizens.

Armed robbery and extortion are occupations strictly reserved for Thai citizens with preference given to those In tight fitting brown shirts.

Rape and murder of European visitors are reserved exclusively for Mysnmar, Cambodian, Lao and Vietnamese nationals. Since these are crimes so heinous that Thais are no longer willing to commit them, Nationals from those countries are imported specifically for this purpose under one year renewable MOUs with those countries.

No, I didn't miss that part but the subject gun in the photos isn't a BB gun. It's a Glock 27.

In the picture below it has been placed with other evidence. It has a standard Glock magazine which has been removed from the gun and put aside, below the gun, That's obviously for safety.

No it's not a 9mm. In other pictures the size of the barrel and rounds in the magazine are consistent with .40, not 9mm. If that same gun was a 9mm the barrel and rounds would have a smaller diameter.

Perhaps that gun belonged to the store or perhaps the reporters weren't 100%, but that's a very real Glock 27.

Cheers.

108.jpg

148.jpg

The difference in barrel diameter between a 9mm and a .40 is only 1.16mm which is not easy to see from that low definition pic. I doubt any .40 Glocks are imported to Thailand. Even the .45ACPs are hard to find but there is also a .45 that looks like that, a Glock 30. But there is something in White on the receiver in front of the trigger guard that looks like it says, "Made in Taiwan", which would suggest an air soft Glock but I agree the magazine looks like a real Glock mag. BTW the Chinese punk caught riding around Pattaya with s loaded gun poking out of waste band also had what looked like a Glock 26. Perhaps it is a gang that bought a job lot of them.

I am not sure if the police were astute enough to notice the two packs of playing cards on the ground. No doubt they would be smart enough to add s couple more packs from their own gambling stocks, so they could add charges of possessing more than 120 playing cards, a serious offence for foreigners, as gambling and contract bridge are reserved for Thai nationals.

And will these scum be deported or wut?

One of the robbers died from his injuries, so either his body will be cremated in Thailand or shipped off to China for cremation.

Not sure about the surviving ones - but clearly they need to be in jail and probably will be. As if they could just be deported - that's the penalty you get for overstaying your visa but not for armed robbery.

I wish to ask whether or not there is a possibility that these Chinese robbers were in truth the ''Better quality Tourists'' that TAT so eagerly wish to attract?

If not and these Chinese robbers are resident here what is the situation visa and work permit wise?

I am sure that robbery is probably a restricted activity only to be conducted by Thai citizens.

Armed robbery and extortion are occupations strictly reserved for Thai citizens with preference given to those In tight fitting brown shirts.

Rape and murder of European visitors are reserved exclusively for Mysnmar, Cambodian, Lao and Vietnamese nationals. Since these are crimes so heinous that Thais are no longer willing to commit them, Nationals from those countries are imported specifically for this purpose under one year renewable MOUs with those countries.

LOL. Seriously though, I don't think the Thais would accept foreigners committing any crimes inside their country.

The migrant workers (or illegal workers) you've described are usually lynched by local Thais if caught committing any of the heinous crimes described. I haven't heard of Lao or Vietnamese crimes against visitors in Thailand, but yes Burmese in Koh Tao (or was it really them?) and Cambodians in Koh Kood (it definitely was them, how dare they).

Must agree with bander. Where is the pointing? How do we know that a crime has been committed unless we have a group of police officers officially pointing at a guy in handcuffs?

As an aside, the last picture showing one of the"Evil Perpetrators of this Heinous and Villainous act" has a few bank notes and what appears to be three packs of playing cards laid out for public viewing. And so we see the true root of his crime. Having three packs of cards the gang knew the police will be on their trail. So they needed guns to shoot their way to freedom. It's so obvious.

The playing cards did it.

More detailed press reports this morning confirm that Glock on the ground in the pic was in fact a BB gun. The robbers were armed only with BB guns and knives (looked like Stanley knives)?and they got no guns from the shop cos the staff had not yet put any on display and the robbers couldn't get the gun safe open.

Sorry about that Never Sure.

Must agree with bander. Where is the pointing? How do we know that a crime has been committed unless we have a group of police officers officially pointing at a guy in handcuffs?

As an aside, the last picture showing one of the"Evil Perpetrators of this Heinous and Villainous act" has a few bank notes and what appears to be three packs of playing cards laid out for public viewing. And so we see the true root of his crime. Having three packs of cards the gang knew the police will be on their trail. So they needed guns to shoot their way to freedom. It's so obvious.

The playing cards did it.

I think we will see them drawing the longest sentences for possession of more than 120 playing cards without the stamp of Playing Cards Monopoly of Thailand on them. Not surprising that they felt the need to supplement their collection of toy Glocks with some real ones.

chinese gun shop robbers, shonky sunglass smugglers, khmer grubs in the crime news, takes the pressure off

the patts farang bridge players

"bridge players" Oh, how very original , wish I'd heard that one before.................

Like the Pogram during WW2; keep mentioning it or people will forget.

Archived