Chinese Ground Bean Sauce.

NickJ

Has anyone ever seen it here. Im looking for the one that is very dark in color and very thick as well. I would have thought it would be fairly easy to find but so far no luck in local markets, Tops or Makro.

I think what you’re trying to find is usually called “yellow bean sauce” in the UK.

I have never seen the Chinese version in Thailand in 12 years. This is strange, since you can buy other Chinese ingredients in the better supermarkets here.

The closest I have ever found to it is Healthy Boy Brand Soybean Paste Formula 1. Available just about anywhere.

I just recently found one jar of fermented black beans at a Tops store so I understand how hard it is to try to find some ingredients.

I just did a search and I am posting a link here. I think that maybe if you are able to print the picture of the brown bean sauce on this page that someone may be able to direct you to the right place. Anyway, hope it helps...

http://www.khiewchanta.com/archives/ingredients/sauces-pastes/

Also, Chinatown in Bangkok, I think, is not far from the ferry stop Ratchawong. If you have a picture, maybe someone can point you towards the right way?

Thanks. I found some pouches at tops that will work. The Yellow one here wouldnt have worked but thanks anyways. Im making Char siu, traditional chineses bbq pork.

Archived