Getting batteries from aliexpress.com

SpaceKadet

I need to get a new set of batteries for my Logitech DiNovo keyboard. I have not been able to source it here, but they are available on aliexpress.com.

Does anybody have any experience buying and sending batteries from this dealer? I.e payments, in the range of 10-20 USD, sending batteries through postal services?

I ordered a battery for a Canon camera from Aliexpress which was 4 times the price if I had bought it locally. It took a long time to arrive (over - I think from memory - the 30 or 35 days they promised). The explanation was that it couldn't be mailed direct from China to Thailand. When it did arrive I could see it had been sent from China to Sweden and then to Thailand.

I was offered a 50% rebate because it exceeded their "promised" delivery time frame. When accepted I was told that the rebate would come direct from the supplier. I'm still waiting 2 years later....

I recently bought a battery for my Samsung tab 2 I still waiting for the item 5 weeks after order but they refunded with no argument, I buy many items from Aliexpress and this was the only order in 3 years that never arrived ,my suggestion would be to go with a supplier that can offer registered post .I pay with my MasterCard no problem's yet ! smile.png

I ordered batteries from Ali a few months ago. No problems with the Post, but a long wait, about a month. Batteries were Li-Ion: difficult to find in Bangkok, but plenty for sale on Ali. For routine batteries like that, I'd order from Ali again.

And I have this suggestion:

The problem with anything from China is uncertain quality. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. If the batteries are faulty, and you order again from a different supplier on Ali, you'll be waiting another month for replacements. Plus, of course, the lost money.

On my order of a few batteries (for a mobile phone power bank), I didn't care. If the batteries were filled with sand, I'd just order another set from another supplier. If the batteries eventually leaked or swelled up, I'd just buy others. But if you need batteries for a keyboard, something which you may use often and depend on, taking that risk may not be a good option for you.

If I were in your situation, I'd go to a reliable, computer repair shop in person, and ask for a good quality battery. Where is a reliable shop? Yesterday I had the battery in my iPhone replaced at Dr. Smart Phone in Bangkok (Fico building, Asoke intersection). One day is not enough to determine quality, of course, but if I needed any kind of computer-related battery, I'll go there again: Owner is Dutch; European approach to quality.

I ordered a 10 inch tablet lithium ion battery (cost $24.99 USD) off of AliExpress about 14 months ago...from China to Bangkok...shipment by regular post....arrived no problem in approx two weeks...no customs/VAT.

Thanks for useful replies. The battery is USD15, so not that great a loss if it goes off radar. The frustrating bit is that it seems to be a special type of battery, rarely used in other equipment, so difficult to locate.

I have found two re-sellers on Aliexpress, one ships via Sweden the other via Singapore, EMS option also available. Will give it a shot.

@PT4

I am not located in Bangkok so going to a reputable repair shop is out of the question. In fact, the battery on the DiNovo is not really user replaceable. You have to dissemble the whole keyboard to get to it. I did replace the battery once before. Ordered it from Amazon then. In fact, the replacement battery is exctly the same as sold on Aliexpress.

Postal services seem reluctant to ship Lithium ion batteries,my daughter

posted a Mini pc to me and was asked 4-5 times are you sure there are

no batteries in it,I also ordered a electrical component from China,it had

no batteries in it,but the sender had difficulty posting the item,China post,

Singapore post would not take it ,so it was sent Swedish post !,and took

a long time.

Regards Worgeordie

When the Aliexpress vendor used Swedish Post (free on my order) to ship a tablet lithium ion battery ordered it showed up in about two weeks from China to Bangkok....but that order occurred around 14 months ago.

There is a place out of HK called Brando. I haven't used them in years, but they always came through in the time promised. I had a peculiar type of smartphone and the batteries and other stuff was hard to find.

http://shop.brando.com

I used to have the stuff delivered to Malaysia and time my purchases with visa runs, never had to deal with customs etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Why don't you go to the next "Advice" shop, buy a battery and get a one year warranty on it?

I ordered one at Advice, but the first didn't even fit in. Good that they had ordered two.

So what are you going to do with a non functioning part?

It's a special battery that is not readily available. CS-LOM50RK. Looks like old Nokia battery and has the same specs. I tried plugging the Nokia battery in the keyboard, but it didn't recognize it and wouldn't charge.

It's not a warranty issue and I don't know what Advice is.

The new battery arrived, has been replaced, charged, and I'm typing this on my most favorite keyboard!

It's a special battery that is not readily available. CS-LOM50RK. Looks like old Nokia battery and has the same specs. I tried plugging the Nokia battery in the keyboard, but it didn't recognize it and wouldn't charge.

It's not a warranty issue and I don't know what Advice is.

The new battery arrived, has been replaced, charged, and I'm typing this on my most favorite keyboard!

Only for any future issues. Advice shops grow like mushrooms in all provinces. They have the best prices, usually got very good technicians and you can order whatever you want to.

I never made a bad experience, all parts are available, if not on stock they order them and you can pick them up the next day.

If something doesn't work, you usually have a one year warranty.

Please see their website: https://www.advice.co.th/

I've made a handful of orders from aliexpress in the past but haven't used them since discovering fasttech dot com where I've successfully placed and received about 40 orders including batteries.

sent from my left foot

I've made a handful of orders from aliexpress in the past but haven't used them since discovering fasttech dot com where I've successfully placed and received about 40 orders including batteries.

sent from my left foot

Read with my right ear. thumbsup.gif

Archived