British tourist dies after Full Moon party in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad for family and friends. R.I.P. young man.

All those years of upbringing lost in a second.

This comes to mind;- When full, such a short distance and time from being vertical to horizontal is too often a killer.

Many instances in Oz lately where the "one punch syndrome" hasn't so much been the front-of-face damage but more to the other sides of the head on the concrete or whatever.

Moral (after the event) to the sad story; don't get full.

Posting on Facebook, his friend Nick Davies wrote on Facebook: Gone from one of the best holidays of my life to worst in a flash.. Gone but never forgotten r.i.p. Stewy.

Sadly this kind of post has been made far too often from those lawless isles.

Condolences to friends and family

Canuck ... thank you for providing the answer to "How many postings will it take to somehow imply the problem here is of Thai origin?" IE: "lawless isles"

I have no interest in your reply, but reply if you must get the last word ... I am taking a lesson from this young adventure's story, getting off my arse, and heading out today to squeeze as much as I can from this beautiful day, in the beautiful Kingdom of Thailand.

See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya.

"Lawless" as in civilized countries don't serve alcohol by the bucket and they keep an eye on people. If someone appears to be intoxicated they get cut off in a bar or store.

Yes, this is lawless behavior and unfortunately people die from it, despite the people who "liked" your post.

Cheers.

Nice 1 Neversure and my thoughts exactly.

There was a rash of idiocy & young people dying in Daytona Beach, Florida about 25-30 years ago during spring break.

The idiots were getting hammered & trying to climb balconies on 20 story hotels.

I was 20 in 1987 but balcony climbing never appealed to me. Eventually the Nanny State put an end to all fun whatsoever & the balcony deaths stopped.

Today going to Daytona Beach is about as fun as a visit to the dentist, thanks to idiots who cannot have a good time and live to tell about it.

Dying young is tragic;

Living life to it's fullest is not.

Living life to it's fullest and dying young? It happens.

I won't debate the definition of 'living life to it's fullest.' Each person is different. You mileage may vary.

RIP young dude. Condolences to the family. I've been there. The 'losing a child club' isn't a club you want to belong to. Some on this forum will blame the victim for being selfish. The young tend to take more risks than their parents and other older people. It's part of pushing your boundaries and finding fulfillment in life. Taking risks can be fatal. That's the way of the world.

Today going to Daytona Beach is about as fun as a visit to the dentist, thanks to idiots who cannot have a good time and live to tell about it.

And yet, 8 million tourists a year find their way to Daytona Beach. (Wikipedia)

Maybe they're on to something.

The majority of holiday makers don't want to dodge puke puddles and deal with drunken idiots. So they let someone else cater to the drunken idiot demographic. And rake in the tourist bucks with a lot less lunacy and inherent problems.

what is with the British population dying daily in Thailand?

Most act as if they are superman and then pay the price of their stupidity

He was young and got drunk and paid the ultimate price.

Most the expats like you on this forum go to Thailand to buy women and take advantage of 3rd world poverty, surely your breed are far wore than him.

Most the expats like you on this forum go to Thailand to buy women and take advantage of 3rd world poverty, surely your breed are far wore than him.

Wow, you sure know a lot about a poster just from reading one line and seeing his nick., are you clairvoyant!

correct,

the price is rather high for this fun event !

But they will do it again !! and again !

Brits !!

'when he suffered a nasty fall and is believed to have fatally bumped his head on Koh Phangan island.'

These full moon parties can be dangerous as seen in the past. Upsetting the mafia, drinking from buckets, drugs & mushroom cocktails all can be lethal on these islands .... Koh Tao is just one example.... blink.png

RIP .. way too young.

To quote Nancy Reagan,"just say no".

I know many people are sensitive to Thai bashing and will defend even the indefensible. Going to parties and getting a bit drunk is part of growing up and there will be some who die from accidents like this and at home others who drive drunk and end up with a similar fate. Life is full of risks to navigate, some are lucky and some are not.

BUT the parties on this island are designed to be completely over the top and have been taken over by really bad types. Drugs are freely available and drinks, well actually poisonous buckets of liquid pushed on people who are egged on through peer pressure, macho or whatever to imbibe dangerous amounts of alcohol often mixed with other substances. There is absolutely no effort to curb the worst excesses of drugs or toxic cocktails. This is not normal and yet has become the raisin d'etre for attending the 'party'. There is plenty going on way beyond the law there and zero attemot to curtail anything, in fact to encourage it because all involved are corrupt.

This is the element that is bad - the utter excess - and that lies at the doorstep of Thailand to fix. They won't because it is all about money and nothing to do with freedom or any other excuse used as a smokescreen for the reality.

They are adults apparently,what happened to personal responsibility?

I know many people are sensitive to Thai bashing and will defend even the indefensible. Going to parties and getting a bit drunk is part of growing up and there will be some who die from accidents like this and at home others who drive drunk and end up with a similar fate. Life is full of risks to navigate, some are lucky and some are not.

BUT the parties on this island are designed to be completely over the top and have been taken over by really bad types. Drugs are freely available and drinks, well actually poisonous buckets of liquid pushed on people who are egged on through peer pressure, macho or whatever to imbibe dangerous amounts of alcohol often mixed with other substances. There is absolutely no effort to curb the worst excesses of drugs or toxic cocktails. This is not normal and yet has become the raisin d'etre for attending the 'party'. There is plenty going on way beyond the law there and zero attemot to curtail anything, in fact to encourage it because all involved are corrupt.

This is the element that is bad - the utter excess - and that lies at the doorstep of Thailand to fix. They won't because it is all about money and nothing to do with freedom or any other excuse used as a smokescreen for the reality.

They are adults apparently,what happened to personal responsibility?

I agree there is far too little personal responsibility these days but that is a concurrent point to the responsibility of society to regulate the worst excesses. They are not mutually exclusive points are they?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sad for family and friends. R.I.P. young man.

All those years of upbringing lost in a second.

This comes to mind;- When full, such a short distance and time from being vertical to horizontal is too often a killer.

Many instances in Oz lately where the "one punch syndrome" hasn't so much been the front-of-face damage but more to the other sides of the head on the concrete or whatever.

Moral (after the event) to the sad story; don't get full.

2 kids fried their brains recently at concerts in Australia.

It is sad to lose a young person out grabbing onto life and really LIVING it ... not some couch potato wasting life locked in a tiny "smart phone"

These things happen .. but still ... a moment to pause and be grateful that we, who also travel the world and go "over the top" once in a while ... can pause and say "But for the grace of god ... go I"

Rest in Peace young man, knowing you went out with the throttle wide open and a grin on your face.

"It is sad to lose a young person out grabbing onto life and really LIVING it ..."

Agree that it's especially sad that someone that young has died, but I don't see that someone going to a Full Moon party, probably on his daddy's credit card, makes him a greater loss than anyone else.

Not very compassionate if we start ranking those who die based how active their social life is or how handsome/pretty they were, while consigning the rest to some disposable category whose members won't be missed. They all have friends, families, colleagues who will miss them.

And ? I am sick of all these fantastic people who are taken before their time who basically are a PITA.

Yes they are young and mostly dont give a Flook for anyone else or where they are as they DONT LIVE THERE..or have to live with drunk and drugged up fools every 2 weeks, his photo shows he was just like the idiots from the Ryan Air flight last week

So heres the mandatory RIP

dont bother replying to my post as I JUST DONT CARE ..

NEXT

If you don't care, please feel free not to mention it.

How the hell do you have a 'nasty fall' on sand???

My thoughts exactly. I suppose it is possible he was clambering over rocks etc, slipped and fell, probably drink and drugs could be involved, but that's an assumption which is unfair on the lad. But the words "head injuries" could also point at a more dire deed, but again an assumption. At the end of the day a sad death for such a young lad.

Look, the first time i came to LOS was when i was 35,some 19 yrs ago, still 25 in my head which{thinking back} imo was too young , i had only ever been to the usuall party islands in europe , ie ibeza,cyprus,majorca etc , these "kids"have no idea of what Thailand is like beneath the smiles which imo is the biggest problem , i would'nt want any of my kids coming here alone/with friends ,and the oldest is 26 , ...i was sitting in a quiete soi in Pattaya last year around midday and saw a few "kids" 18-25 yrs old walking up the soi, t-shirts off showing their new tatoos, ...as they got closer i could hear what they were saying = " oh guys, you shoulda seen dave lastnight , he nicked this security guards cap and threw it in the pool what a laugh " then ; "you mad b'stards, we wondered where you were when stevo let off the fire extignishers ",.....THIS IS NOT EUROPE ; CHILDISH PRANKS CAN END IN LOOSING FACE = GUN TO THE HEAD , there maybe a million prostitutes in Thailand but 80% of them are friendly and polite , they dont shag the 1st guy who makes a pass = "you up for it darlin ?", .not for free anyway which makes you think twice when you have to pay , it will be the first time for most under 30s and they have no idea of the Thai mentality, i have learned the hard way and got into a fight or 2 becouse of my humour , thai humour is childish/infantile and sarcasm goes over their little heads , you need a popsicle whistle and a jewish harp for them to understand its funny ; i have had 3 good friends die here for various resons being a bully, catching aids and commiting suicide and murdered by thais with a pick up ,...... you live and learn here , its not a western culture and experience is everything here, dont trust em , dont invest , dont believe and dont take em for granted , they are uneducated fools that happen to be lovely people if you dont test their tollerence , especially if they are strangers, the times ive seen young farangs rub or slap a Thais head recently is a dangerous start to what they expect to be a holiday of a lifetime ..DANGER ; KEEP OUT !

Archived