BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
macb

Daily Day Diary For Issan

Well I just been in the Bamboo Bar and had fish and chips and it was buy two get one free large San-Miguel so I had to drink two then someone rang the bell so I had to drink another waaaaaaaaaa

What a lovely afternoon :o:D:D:D:D

Tomorrow we start harvest of our 13 Rai, this morning I was going to go and cut an entrance for the Combine but have been told the Brother in law will do it in the morning, I was looking forward to some excercise swinging me dutch how about, but they worry about me I suppose. Bless um

It was a sad somber day out here in the boonies. Two or three times a week I go up to a Thai friend's small coffee shop on the mountain for a few beers. I always got a happy greeting from an old Thai ridgeback dog named Betsy. Old Betsy was kind of crotchety and it took a while for to decide whether on not she liked you. Betsy and I made friends and she always greeted me when I went up. I don't think she could see very well any more and I think she recognised me from the sound of my Nissan pickup truck.

Today when I went up old Betsy didn't greet me. She died this morning. She was just an old beat up dog but it's strange how bad I felt that she was gone. The old girl was fiesty right until the end and didn't take any shit from any other dogs. She did have a long life and was 13 years old. At least she didn't suffer.

I know where your coming from Gary:

I had dogs all my life and 19yrs in a professional capacity working them, my working dogs were like part of me . My Shepherds saved me many times from being attacked etc etc, and when you lose a working partner like this it is heart wrenching, In my 19yrs I never knew a Police Dog Handler not shed a tear when he lost his partner, and all the other handlers supported him in his loss.

Well what a day proper farmer boy today: First did the ole weather report thne read all the verbal from that guy called Martin bless him.

THen down the farm made two new rice rakes well in the UK we would use them for moving snow,then loaded 15 sacks rice onto a pick then knackered time for shower. Relax then this evening back down the farm move another 15+ sacks ready for drying tomorrow phew another shower then bottle of nice cold chang followed by a steak and Mushroom pie guess where I bought that ??

Heres some pics from the other day on the farm:

THis my the tractor I bought brother-in-law

Well what a day proper farmer boy today: First did the ole weather report thne read all the verbal from that guy called Martin bless him.

THen down the farm made two new rice rakes well in the UK we would use them for moving snow,then loaded 15 sacks rice onto a pick then knackered time for shower. Relax then this evening back down the farm move another 15+ sacks ready for drying tomorrow phew another shower then bottle of nice cold chang followed by a steak and Mushroom pie guess where I bought that ??

Hey Macb,

I forgot to ask you previously. How much do those bags of rice weigh in at? They look a little heavy for a retired guy to be lifting. :o My wife said that 500 +/- Bht per bag did not seem like much $$.

Mike in Seattle

Well woke this morning about 0420 hrs and thought bit on the warm side in the bedroom: Are theres is another power cut, well out of bed 0545 hrs still no power, the wife cooked rice on the gas oven and boiled water for morning coffee.

Stroll round the garden play with my dog, still no power. power came back after FIVE HOURS. THen it was shower and get the ironing done I did half and the wife did the rest.

Then it was shower then on here emails weather report etc.

We still have not got our rice cut yet as the Machine keeps breaking down. The Taxi guy in the village bought three really old Harvesters and they spend more time broken down than making money, might have been better to buy one nearly new one that would work all the time, as they are charging 500 bht this year for cutting one Rai.

Will it happen today or as the wife said to the guy with the machines will you get to me this year.

1 sack of rice (100 kilo ??) is fetching 500 bht at the moment

Hey Macb,

I forgot to ask you previously. How much do those bags of rice weigh in at? They look a little heavy for a retired guy to be lifting. :o My wife said that 500 +/- Bht per bag did not seem like much $$.

Mike in Seattle

Hi mike age is all in the mind and I try to keep fit hard to do here cos they wont let me do anything.

I thought the sacks were weighing in at 80 kilo but the wife said 100 K.

There are four Tangs to the sack, but at the moment we are drying rice so yesterday some of the rice was what I call wet weight, but I enjoyed it and I dont ache today.

Dear diary.

Well, I did it again last night. Slept on top of the covers with the pad lom set in the fixed position instead of swinging back and forth.

Result, back pain, I can hardly move.

So today I guess I am just going to stay with my friend the computer. I hope people in the forum will understand if I get a bit tetchy.

Note to self ...... ask wifey to get some ralgex and read diary before going to bed tonight.

:o

Dear diary.

Well, I did it again last night. Slept on top of the covers with the pad lom set in the fixed position instead of swinging back and forth.

Result, back pain, I can hardly move.

So today I guess I am just going to stay with my friend the computer. I hope people in the forum will understand if I get a bit tetchy.

Note to self ...... ask wifey to get some ralgex and read diary before going to bed tonight.

:o

Thad,

Please excuse my ignorance here. "Left the Pad Lom set in the Fixed Position?"

Thanks

Mike in Seattle

Sorry Mike

Pad lom = electric fan.

They have a button on the top so that they can be set to slowly rotate or stay fixed.

Sorry Mike

Pad lom = electric fan.

They have a button on the top so that they can be set to slowly rotate or stay fixed.

Thad,

My wife laughed and told me what it was. An "Oscillating" Fan. She will be looking that word up for a week :o

Thanks

Mike in Seattle

We weigh our rice in at 100 kilo bags, had 300 bags last year, nice one, not sure this year yet, as they just have to finish 30 rai in Prackon Chai,

When i get there in Feb, i will check the price and sell, but every year i take 4 bags to the temple, gives you good merit, family work on 60- 40%, but i buy the fertaliser.

Mac,

My old shepherd is in a bad way, his Back legs are staring to go, mind you he is 12, i have a pure white shepherd, we will all miss him

here he is with my youngest. Saffron.

post-9688-1163661757_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thaicoon

We weigh our rice in at 100 kilo bags, had 300 bags last year, nice one, not sure this year yet, as they just have to finish 30 rai in Prackon Chai,

When i get there in Feb, i will check the price and sell, but every year i take 4 bags to the temple, gives you good merit, family work on 60- 40%, but i buy the fertaliser.

Mac,

My old shepherd is in a bad way, his Back legs are staring to go, mind you he is 12, i have a pure white shepherd, we will all miss him

The times I have been there over the years with the loss of my dogs, its as bad as losing human members of the Family.

12yrs is a very good age for the ole boy, you can get steroid injections to help him but I think only three courses is recommended cos it can damage the liver, very common Hipdisplacia(Pardon the spelling) in Shepherds. Please dont let him suffer better he go knowing how good life has been with you all, stuff likes this brings a tear to my eye. Althoug hthey ever want to do in life is please you.

Mac,

The times I have been there over the years with the loss of my dogs, its as bad as losing human members of the Family.

12yrs is a very good age for the ole boy, you can get steroid injections to help him but I think only three courses is recommended cos it can damage the liver, very common Hipdisplacia(Pardon the spelling) in Shepherds. Please dont let him suffer better he go knowing how good life has been with you all, stuff likes this brings a tear to my eye. Althoug hthey ever want to do in life is please you.