BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Haze starts to cover Phayao despite 60-day burning ban

Yes, Phayao's present condition since 6AM this morning has been consistently deteriorating. You can see that on aqicn.org and aqmthai.com

Note those figures are PM10. PM2.5 AQI is likely to be worse.

Eg, Phayao is RED now for PM10. You can bet that PM2.5 would be PURPLE.

KC71, those are 24-hr moving average figures for CR. PM10 AQI of 171. 282 ug/m3. 24-hr mean figures have a health advisory tied to it. (there are 8-hr mean health advisory from the EPA as well but that's another story).

The PM2.5 is probably approx. 200 ug/m3 range. That's well into the Very Unhealthy zone, 200 ug/m3 PM2.5 is AQI 250.

KC71, those are 24-hr moving average figures for CR. PM10 AQI of 171. 282 ug/m3. 24-hr mean figures have a health advisory tied to it. (there are 8-hr mean health advisory from the EPA as well but that's another story).

The PM2.5 is probably approx. 200 ug/m3 range. That's well into the Very Unhealthy zone, 200 ug/m3 PM2.5 is AQI 250.

Living in the area of Phayao I can assure you that the air quality in VERY unhealthy. Statistics quoted are a waste of time..

Living in the area of Phayao I can assure you that the air quality in VERY unhealthy. Statistics quoted are a waste of time..

LOL. I would have to provide proof to back it up instead of just words. Else others would not believe me.

Some look at it on aqicn.org and it does not look that bad as the source is only PM10 (sourced from Thai PCD, there is no PM2.5 monitoring equipment in Phayao) and it bounces between yellow and orange. Thanks for the confirmation. smile.png

http://aqicn.org/city/thailand/phayao/knowledge-park/

Chiang Rai and MHS has it significantly worse

http://aqicn.org/city/thailand/chiangrai/maesai-health-office/

http://aqicn.org/city/thailand/mae-hongson/natural-resources-and-environment-office/

post-101384-14584976741657_thumb.png

We just hit last years level in Phayao. This is the worst it has ever been this year and its only midnight. Its usually worse by morning.

A little bit more and we will reach last years record.

[emoji24]

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

So what's last year's record for Phayao then? Station 70t hit a 1hr PM10 concentration of 317.85 ug/m3 at midnight exactly. Converted to 1-hr AQI is 182 (again, no health advisory to be attached to 1hr).

For PM2.5, maybe in the 200-250 ug/m3 range? Just guessing.

Thanks for the info Vivid

Im so glad we only have 2 months of it up here

I guess its like that 24-7 in The Cities

Getting serious up there in Chiang Rai. Peaks of 1-hr PM10 395 ug/m3 and 24-hr PM10 close to 300 ug/m3.

No PM2.5 data, but it should be approx 24-hr PM2.5 200-220 ug/m3.

GMiODPQ.jpg

FrjZSi8.jpg

Well look on the bright side, at least there are no fires burning in Thailand.

The VIIRS 375m is quite sensitive. Much more sensitive than the MODIS/Aqua/Terra used by GFWF/Global Forest Watch Fires, which is 1km.

Your PDF pic literally shows Thailand and Myanmar being lit up. cheesy.gif