Haze starts to cover Phayao despite 60-day burning ban

webfact

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember to wear protection when going outside for more than an hour esp with physical activity (longer distance walks). Gonna be sustained, no forecast of rain for the next 10 days.

24-hr PM2.5 should be around 200 ug/m3 region, Very Unhealthy region.

DE7cGht.jpg

Relatives coming over to visit from UK. Such a good time to show off the beauty of the north in Chiang Rai. Its crazy. Last year this time was already much better

At least you won't have to worry about repeat visits. I like vivid's comment that Chiang Rai is getting SMOKED!

I have a feeling things will improve slightly over the next few days as most people will be too drunk to burn and would run the risk of self immolation as well. ?

Massive fire on the mountain behind our place tonight, I'd say of a front kilometers long.

I'd suggest that people are more likely taking advantage of lax law enforcement this week.

I have a feeling things will improve slightly over the next few days as most people will be too drunk to burn and would run the risk of self immolation as well. ?

Massive fire on the mountain behind our place tonight, I'd say of a front kilometers long.

I'd suggest that people are more likely taking advantage of lax law enforcement this week.

Our mountains got burned last week. Looks kind of like a lava flow at night and is quite impressive. I am surprised there is anything left when they are done burning but it seems to come back quickly as soon as it starts raining again.

Thx for the heads-up villagefarang, will keep an eye on the levels and report (though it'd be too late for even the mildly sensitive folks grp as symptoms can trigger really fast within 30-60 mins at high levels)

It's not as bad here, when I made my yearly trek to the old peoples house for my annual blessing I put a hat on it was that sunny.

Got the village dogs barking at me, they mustn't approve of farang in hats.

Good to hear Scea. It clearly isn’t universally dispersed and you will always find pockets of air which are better or worse. This seems to be our day for really thick smoke even though I don’t see evidence of any local burning.

You are right about hats throwing dogs off their game. A familiar dog will often bark at the new shape until it hears a familiar voice.

Archived