Birds in your garden

Hi I'm new to this passtime
Can anybody help me with the identification of this bird

If interested in this past time...birding/bird watching...and bird ID, go back to post #34 in this thread (page 2) for the 2 best Field Guides for Thailand...

17 hours ago, kgpr said:

Got a new one for me.and a shrike.

1477570061406.jpg1477570134276.jpg

Burmese Shrike. My nemesis bird! Years of birding in areas where Burmese are common winter visitors and still haven't positively ID'd one! Hundreds of Asian Brown, a few Tiger, but still waiting on a Burmese....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kgpr said:

Thanks for your help. I considered that but I thought it was too grey and too small.But I am grateful to you, you have more knowledge than me. I have only been doing this for just over a month.T thanks again.

Your Barbets are a Lineated and a Coppersmith, though I am guessing you knew that already. And a definite yes on the Common Wood-shrike. I am 90 percent sure the one you have as a possible  "rufous winged philentoma" is a juvenile White-rumped Shama. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thetefldon said:

Help with ID please Chinese Sparrowhawk or Shikra?

shikra-81.jpg

Or Besra? Or Japanese? Accipiters are notoriously hard, and while I saw this pic ID's eslewhere as Jov Shikra and agree that's probably right based on "Grey cheeks" and brown crown and etc., note that Robson has Juv. Shikra with "five  black bands on upper tail." This bird seems to have fewer. Do you have any more pics where the tail can be seen better from the very bottom. I'm curious/dubious. 

• Like 2