Birds in your garden

24 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

She has been using her iphone to take pictures. If they are sharp enough, the phone automatically identifies the bird. It also logs the time, date and location (all this is new to me, as I only have a basic phone and hardly any apps).

PS- thanks for the pm too.

My phone (POCO/android) doesn't do that, auto identify 😭

Taking photos of birds, actually got me more interested in photography, if possible, but meant buying bigger lenses for mirrorless camera.   Now phones are quite good, if you can see and focus on it, as only advantage of the super zoom lens I have.  Phone have taken over my simple 'knock around town' photography.  

Good hobby for her 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

My phone (POCO/android) doesn't do that, auto identify 😭

Taking photos of birds, actually got me more interested in photography, if possible, but meant buying bigger lenses for mirrorless camera.   Now phones are quite good, if you can see and focus on it, as only advantage of the super zoom lens I have.  Phone have taken over my simple 'knock around town' photography.  

Good hobby for her 👍

I've seen some of your super sharp photos here. If she really gets into the hobby I think she will need a camera.

The iphone camera is good, but when on maximum zoom it's hard to get a sharp photo. Great for keeping a log though.

• Thumbs Up 1