Japanese tourists’ naked swim invites Hua Hin police investigation

webfact

something that should elicit a giggle at the most becomes a crime in Thailand.

You're very welcome to point out how ridiculous bigotry always is, and even more welcome to look around, and realize that it's not exactly limited to Thailand. The United States, I would suggest, comes first on that particular chapter.

Ah, yes. No matter what the subject, sooner or later it is only a matter of time until it works it's way around to a discussion on the terribleness of the United States.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why doesn't somebody point out to the police that there are plenty of places to go if they want to arrest people in the nude, any night of the week.

Oh? They know already? But those people are Thai, and poor, so it's a pointless exercise . . .

Japanese tourists however, wow, lotsa money . . .

A final skinny dip late at night, before going home.

What a catastrophe for the country, hunt them down and have them extradited!!

You didn't read further than the title ?!?!? they left the country already.....

Investigators concluded a search was fruitless because the tourists "eluded" the authorities by leaving the country "as scheduled."

So there we have it: no need for an expensive getaway driver, just book a cheap flight and the Royal Thai Police can continue to bring the name of Thailand into repute.

You didn't read further than the title ?!?!? they left the country already.....

You didn't read the post?!?!? He said extradited.

They should have gone to one of the three naturist resorts in Thailand. Skinny dipping goes on all the time in Thailand, with a little discretion and a quiet beach it will go unnoticed, even on the island owned by the Thai Navy, the Naturist Federation of Thailand books it regularly.

something that should elicit a giggle at the most becomes a crime in Thailand.

You're very welcome to point out how ridiculous bigotry always is, and even more welcome to look around, and realize that it's not exactly limited to Thailand. The United States, I would suggest, comes first on that particular chapter.

So, are you happy, unhappy, or indifferent that I pointed it out? I guess you are very unhappy that I didn't compare this with America right away, but you remedied that...

Oh this is so terrible...shocking thing to happen in Thailand...it will ruin tourism and create a bad image of the country......I count about 25 guys in the circle that's (say) 1000b public indecency fine for each = 25000b.........HH police too slow off the mark 555 and have missed out.........cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Did you ever try to get a cop after dark here? Yes it was a good pay day to bad they were so slow off of the mark. Maybe they had bigger fish to fry. After a hard day patrolling maybe it was Miller time sorry Mia Noi time. Well maybe next time.

Although it seems they just had some fund and didn't hurt anyone as some posters wrote, THIS IS THAILAND, the land of the Thai people, and Thais don't appreciate nudity in pubic places. Like it or not - you have to respect it. When in Rome....

Yes your right it was after dark and the beach was full of people. I bet if you think back far enough you to did something silly and playful like this.

Although it seems they just had some fund and didn't hurt anyone as some posters wrote, THIS IS THAILAND, the land of the Thai people, and Thais don't appreciate nudity in pubic places. Like it or not - you have to respect it. When in Rome....

Yes your right it was dark and the beach was full of people. I am sure if you think back far enough you did something just as silly. Thanks for the THIS IS THAILAND comment. Just quality tourists having a little fun no harm done.

Absolutely - spare no expenses tracking them down and bringing them to justice.

Far more serious than say...................... taking a loaded gun on a plane; or hit and run killing a cop; or thieving billions.

Pesky disgusting foreigners. Should crackdown on them. whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Agreed.

No one seems to mention how the police knew about this event.

Must someone have made a complaint?

In Spain, in Dictator Franko's time a bikini was considered indecent and many tourists got themselves arrested.

Don't mention - kissing in public.

Who are we to impose our culture on the Thais?

Right need a serious attitude adjustment session by the bayonet bearers.

Absolutely - spare no expenses tracking them down and bringing them to justice.

Far more serious than say...................... taking a loaded gun on a plane; or hit and run killing a cop; or thieving billions.

Pesky disgusting foreigners. Should crackdown on them. whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Thailand the hub of pesky tourists.

I feel sorry for these Japanese guys, as they were all heading back to Japan.

Have you been to Japan lately? The stress that these guys have working there is

so bad that there are lots of suicides, from it. Bing drinking to keep up with the

office crowd, stress from their marriages, and expectations of their wives

and families. This skinny dipping was their last harrah , before going back to their

lives in Japan.

Hope they all enjoyed their holiday.

Archived