BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Familyonthemove

What is the "Coolest" Bike Made in Thailand?

I think everyone will agree that there are no 'cool' cars manufactured in Thailand (using the old Top Gear 'Cool Wall' system), but there are some nice bikes made here.

But which is the coolest? This is not the fastest (Kawasaki Z800?) or the best tourer (Versys?), but the one that exudes the most coolness.

Using the Thai taxation definition of 'made in Thailand' would exclude Triumph, which with it's Steve McQueen legacy would be a contender - so from the rest here's my vote for the coolest in 'Miss World' style reverse order. What's your thoughts on the coolest bike made in Thailand?

6. Honda CB650F - those sweeping chrome headers are just cool

5. Kawasaki D-Tracker - the original affordable super-moto

4. Honda CRF250M - like a D-Tracker, but cooler

3. Ducati Scrambler - almost disqualified for trying too hard - but an air cooled, naked Ducati is definitive cool

2. Honda Super Cub - retro cool with classic, understated 'not trying too hard' looks and defiantly drum-braked old skoolery

1. Honda MSX - Second generation cool following in the footsteps of the Dax, can embarrass some sports bikes in the twisties - just a shame we're all too tall to ride one.

Have I missed any worthy contenders?

I would say my bike is the coolest! ?

It's a Yamaha SR400, not made in Thailand originally, but completely transformed by me...in Thailand. Haha

When I think about cool bikes, personally I automatically discard any bike made after 1992. But if I have to adhere to your conditions, I would go for the Ducati Scrambler.

Cool is a pretty wide term and means different things to different people. That being said, here my top 5:

5. Honda CB650F in tricolor - love the rear. it's the most affordable inline 4 in Thailand, making it accessible to many and that's cool

4. Kawasaki Z800 - brutal looks

3. Ducati Monster - it still turns heads

2. Ducati Scrambler - i am totally biased. From young and old, female and male... - I have gotten many compliments with it

1. Ducati Panigale 899 - if you don't make an impression on this panty dropper, you should see a doctor

PS: Familyonthemove, the fastest Thai made motorbike will probably be the BMW S1000RR, a lot faster than the Z800 :)

Stallion Centaur 150 Sport Classic.

Because I have one and it just is.

Game over

He who worries about cool is not.

Guitar playing & $ is panty dropper.

Not some greasy bike.

If you are female a pink Fino seems to be cool.

Cool is a pretty wide term and means different things to different people. That being said, here my top 5:

5. Honda CB650F in tricolor - love the rear. it's the most affordable inline 4 in Thailand, making it accessible to many and that's cool

4. Kawasaki Z800 - brutal looks

3. Ducati Monster - it still turns heads

2. Ducati Scrambler - i am totally biased. From young and old, female and male... - I have gotten many compliments with it

1. Ducati Panigale 899 - if you don't make an impression on this panty dropper, you should see a doctor

PS: Familyonthemove, the fastest Thai made motorbike will probably be the BMW S1000RR, a lot faster than the Z800 smile.png

...you guys on your big bikes are great..makes such a pleasure to be overtaken and hear the blast coming and the rush of air as you go by..then to get a close up of you at the lights with your machines idling away..good stuff..a nice break from all the 125s..you set good examples to other road users of how to ride correctly in traffic (a pity the masses didn't practice the same..would be a much safer track)...'Ride on'..is that the saying?

Stallion Centaur 150 Sport Classic.

Because I have one and it just is.

Game over

The Stallions is a now a real Thai brand motorcycle and made here in Thailand. At 150cc it is small enough to get through the crap traffic like a scooter and fun enough to know you are on a real bike.

post-30837-0-78483600-1457490391_thumb.j

I would say my bike is the coolest! ?

It's a Yamaha SR400, not made in Thailand originally, but completely transformed by me...in Thailand. Haha

When I think about cool bikes, personally I automatically discard any bike made after 1992. But if I have to adhere to your conditions, I would go for the Ducati Scrambler.

SR400 is certainly a cool bike, and being a Japanese/Thai Luuk Krung adds to the cool factor, but still does not qualify as a Thai made bike. Sorry.sad.png