What is the "Coolest" Bike Made in Thailand?

1 hour ago, johnno2 said:

as aussies say "tell him he's dreaming" 130 -140 KPH I can believe and even then it would be working hard

My mistake. Still thinking like I live in the USA. I meant to say 130-140kph. Still fast enough for me.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made in Thailand Thats difficult to Equate .To me A Harley aint are reall one less a gang of Yanks built it between BaseBall Matches , nor is Benz built here one,they need to cme from Stuttgart made by 2Nillers to give em credibility.So is a Bike made here,or just partly with some imported bits.?.To old now but id go for Triumph Not Suzuki anymore..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

58 minutes ago, CMKiwi said:

How unlike a taxi van (vega bus/VIP shuttle) to do ANYTHING illegal on these roads.

I am shocked and stunned.

Sorry about your bike; and hope you escaped unscathed (uninjured)

Thanks. No, I was busted up from head to toe. 2.5 years later, I'm still having surgeries, procedures, and other medical and dental work to get somewhat back into human resemblance. But 15 pieces of titanium later, I can walk again, something the docs had their doubts about. But no more motorcycles.

Bugger.... not a nice thing to happen to anyone.  More so that now you cant ride a bike anymore.  And what happened to the driver of the van? 

Did the BiB do anything?  Or perhaps the van driver just say sorry...foot slip on the gas pedal not the brake, now I just go and pay merit and all be okay!

Ive always said and still abide by the saying of having eyes in the back of your head.  Expect the unexpected especially in the Land of Smiles.  You can try and be the safest rider in the country but some imbecile wont give 2 hoots about that as they think they are more important....hence stupid behaviour and very poor road sense.

Glad to hear that you managed to walk again....that would have been a real downer

4 minutes ago, Global Guy said:

Thanks. No, I was busted up from head to toe. 2.5 years later, I'm still having surgeries, procedures, and other medical and dental work to get somewhat back into human resemblance. But 15 pieces of titanium later, I can walk again, something the docs had their doubts about. But no more motorcycles.

Sounds like  you got pretty smashed up in the accident and I am very sorry to hear that.  Keep fighting back and proving the medical profession wrong!

I have been riding big bikes all my life and would love to have one in Thailand but ........ wife wont go on it and most days are too hot for biking, and then there are poignant posts like yours.  I have to accept that I am too old to be sliding along the tarmac.

Just now, CMKiwi said:

Bugger.... not a nice thing to happen to anyone.  More so that now you cant ride a bike anymore.  And what happened to the driver of the van? 

Did the BiB do anything?  Or perhaps the van driver just say sorry...foot slip on the gas pedal not the brake, now I just go and pay merit and all be okay!

Ive always said and still abide by the saying of having eyes in the back of your head.  Expect the unexpected especially in the Land of Smiles.  You can try and be the safest rider in the country but some imbecile wont give 2 hoots about that as they think they are more important....hence stupid behaviour and very poor road sense.

Glad to hear that you managed to walk again....that would have been a real downer

The driver was found at fault and charged with whatever crime they charge with here. He was arrested, jailed, and had to post bail to get out.  We got to keep his bail money and some of his fines too. We tried to mediate a settlement through the police for the balance of medical bills after my insurance and the taxi company insurance paid me. There was some small balance left. The driver came to the police station in his taxi uniform, parked his taxi in front of the front door about three meters from the officer's desk, and then after 4 or 5 meetings, he continued to say he didn't have a job and had no money to pay and the police went along with the charade. (Of course that was the taxi driver's plan, to wear me out to where I give up. Had it been a larger amount and I didn't have to go to the States, I would have fought it more or had my wife fight it while I was gone.)

Then, he offered to pay a small amount monthly, such that it would have taken about 10+ years to pay what he owed. We tried getting an attorney, but after meeting with four, they all tried to scam us, and we gave up. Plus, I had to go to the States for more surgeries so I dropped it. Luckily my insurance in the States covers all my medical so all I was out of pocket was the flight.

BTW,  the accident happened by Renpho market in Jomtien on a Sunday morning and I was going pretty slow at the time because there's always someone darting out onto the road from the market.  

I had had written a couple friends a few months earlier saying if I keep riding here, I'll end up dead because people are just so insanely reckless in cars/trucks and I have at least one serious close brush with death a week. And, I'm a pretty experienced rider. I didn't move to Thailand and then learn to ride like a lot of expats. I rode for years in L.A. on a Harley.

Left side a 12 11 11.JPG

The outcome re the driver of the taxi seems about right for Thailand.  They mostly pleaded abject poverty in order to get off scott free.

And those from the wealthy community just buy their way out of trouble/jail.....or do a runner to another country.

And I'm sure no tea money was exchanged between the BiB and the driver either!

It's been over a week now that I haven't sworn at a driver for dangerous 'play'.  I'm a bit surprised at that actually....but then with all this rain in Chiang Mai I haven't been out as often as usual.

All the best on your ongoing recovery. 

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:03 PM, Damrongsak said:

A right proper little motorcycle.  If I was in Thailand right now, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Probably also get a Yama Exciter 150 so I could play boy racer. I'm hesitant to buy a bike that weighs more than twice as much as me.

You got it :thumbsup:  KLX is just 110 Kg, a plume.

On 15/05/2017 at 11:34 AM, bramds said:

So, tell me, what happens at the Stallions factory? It is just an empty building? :shock1:

I think that's where they stored the rice ? A few imported stallions in the front were just hiding it

another article by Trump fake news inc

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2016 at 8:11 PM, Markc said:

Stallion Centaur 150 Sport Classic.

Because I have one and it just is.

Game over

Game's not over until your body temperature is "cooler" than your bike (aka ambient). At least 20,000 or so Thailand motorbike/cycle riders achieve this level of "coolness" on a yearly basis.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have heard that unlike Stallions , gpx motorcycles really are Thai motorcycles, made here. I don't know if it true but I saw the Gentleman in a local bike shop for 64,000 baht.

Styling is of the love it or hate it type but just a quick look over it seemed like a nice bike for the money. Dealer said something about parts interchangeability with Yamaha.

gentleman-03.jpg

2 hours ago, Denim said:

I have heard that unlike Stallions , gpx motorcycles really are Thai motorcycles, made here. I don't know if it true but I saw the Gentleman in a local bike shop for 64,000 baht.

Styling is of the love it or hate it type but just a quick look over it seemed like a nice bike for the money. Dealer said something about parts interchangeability with Yamaha.

gentleman-03.jpg

What is the cc?

11 hours ago, Denim said:

gentleman-03.jpg

Too bad the biggest bike they make is only 200cc. Stallions makes 250s and 400s

Archived