What is the "Coolest" Bike Made in Thailand?

4 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

I must admit.... for a GPS it ain't  bad lookin.  Google says it's a  200cc bike.

With twin disc brakes <deleted>!

Yes.....200 c.c. The rear seat cowel is removable to allow for a pillion passenger. Lots of cosmetic plastic parts but the upside down forks and twin discs looked good to me. The exhaust silencer looked like stainless steel not chrome. Several videos on you tube with test reviews.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Denim said:

Yes.....200 c.c. The rear seat cowel is removable to allow for a pillion passenger. Lots of cosmetic plastic parts but the upside down forks and twin discs looked good to me. The exhaust silencer looked like stainless steel not chrome. Several videos on you tube with test reviews.

Best review I could find. There seems to be a fashion for putting the camera lens 1 inch from the surface of something then zooming out to 6 inches.  Hard to get a clear shot of the bike. The official video shows more shots of the bloke riding the bike than the bike itself.

23 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

A pity it's Chinese crap 

If Honda or yamaha made it they would sell loads of them..... 

Not all the stuff made in China is crap. Had my Stallions for almost a year now and still loving it with no mechanical problems.

IMGP0008.JPG

51 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

You can pick those up for about 28k with barely any miles on them

It's a false economy 

No. I think you are thinking of the 200/230cc carb'd bikes that retail around the 60k mark, in which case, yeah plenty of S/H ones for 30+k.

The one mentioned above uses a FI 400cc motor based on an old Honda 4V design and they have a fair bit more oomph and retail at just over 100k I believe.

2 hours ago, speedtripler said:

A pity it's Chinese crap 

If Honda or yamaha made it they would sell loads of them..... 

Well .....there was a time, when I was young , that the term was 

'Jap crap '  

Obviously Joe public did not think so and the British motorcycle industry went the way of the dinosaurs.

Could be the same with Chinese bikes. They are slowly improving.

I asked the dealer ( selling the gentleman ) about future spares availability and he mentioned something about a Yamaha link but so far I have not found anything on the net to confirm this.

The GPX definitely look to be of better quality than the Stallions but ......you know where you are with the big 4 so your money is safer.

Oh....did find out that the Gentleman is an Italian design and the Chinese link is with Loncin motorcycles who provide the engine at least. I think assembly is Thai.

Also, some owners have reported difficulties with gear selection so looks like a few more years yet before you can invest your cash without worries.

As for Loncin. Here is one of their offerings apparently sold in Bangladesh,

the GP 150 ..

Image result for loncin motorcycles

Would look nice on the mantelpiece , if not on the road

2 minutes ago, Rhys said:

What about Benellis... are the worth a look.. Italy by way of China now?

Severely Overweight but possibly  the best looking of the Chinese junk... 

I would pay a bit extra to get a er6n or something before a new benelli 600 but to each his own 

My friend owns a motorcycle rental company and he said the reliability is nowhere near Honda,  yamaha or kawa  and I believe him

27 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

It's the 200cc version that is around that price, considering this thread is about the GPX 200cc and 400 was never mentioned

This thread is not just about 200cc bikes. if you were with it from the beginning this thread talks about bikes from 900cc to 150cc.

12 minutes ago, Rdrokit said:

This thread is not just about 200cc bikes. if you were with it from the beginning this thread talks about bikes from 900cc to 150cc.

Well, a 400 scrapper  usually costs a bit more than a 200  scrapper if that makes you feel better about the situation.... :smile:

Found a late contender in the red & yellow Hara Davision 699. 

It would appear to be a perfect match for the riding ability of many on the roads, has no working lights to save not bothering to turn them on or not bothering to replace blown bulbs. No indicators to neglect to turn off for several kilometres on the extremely rare occesion that they're turned on in the first place. It comes a;ready complete with absolutely no insurance or registration - the number is just for show. To top it all it is so slow that drunks are unlikely to sustain life threatening injury when falling off.

Hara1.jpg

Hara2.jpg

36 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Found a late contender in the red & yellow Hara Davision 699. 

It would appear to be a perfect match for the riding ability of many on the roads, has no working lights to save not bothering to turn them on or not bothering to replace blown bulbs. No indicators to neglect to turn off for several kilometres on the extremely rare occesion that they're turned on in the first place. It comes a;ready complete with absolutely no insurance or registration - the number is just for show. To top it all it is so slow that drunks are unlikely to sustain life threatening injury when falling off.

Hara1.jpg

Hara2.jpg

Does it come in black. lol

• 1 month later...
On 09/03/2016 at 1:28 PM, smccolley said:

The Stallions is a now a real Thai brand motorcycle and made here in Thailand. At 150cc it is small enough to get through the crap traffic like a scooter and fun enough to know you are on a real bike.

post-30837-0-78483600-1457490391_thumb.j

They just look like a cafe racer but produced out of a factory rather than modified by each individual rider as they’re supposed to be, they’re ok but I can honestly say there would be at least 100 other bikes I’d rather have before I’d choose on of these!

5 minutes ago, papa al said:

cool bikes, but,

what's with the STALLION

license plate thingy

on the front fender.?!

Goofy AF, IpO.

Designed for Indian market??

Maybe a vanity plate, like

Mia Noi  be tolerable.

Trying for that retro look.

vintage-caferacer-cafe-racer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-chassis-parts-british-style-front-fender-license-plate-mount-64-0009.jpg

57 minutes ago, Rdrokit said:

Trying for that retro look.

vintage-caferacer-cafe-racer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-chassis-parts-british-style-front-fender-license-plate-mount-64-0009.jpg

Beat me to it. Had three Triumphs in my youth , two of which had the front number plate. My old 350cc T90 was a dead ringer for the T100 in your picture. Also had one of the last 50 Daytonas made with a disc break. Serious electric issues with that one.

Beat me to it. Had three Triumphs in my youth , two of which had the front number plate. My old 350cc T90 was a dead ringer for the T100 in your picture. Also had one of the last 50 Daytonas made with a disc break. Serious electric issues with that one.

But they were banned in the UK donkeys years ago (50+) as they were a health hazard if you hit a pedestrian. Obviously a very low concern here with the non existent road safety records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Denim said:

That manner of front number plate was banned in the uk in the 80's as a death trap. Sad to see it being used on the streets of Thailand.

13 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

But they were banned in the UK donkeys years ago (50+) as they were a health hazard if you hit a pedestrian. Obviously a very low concern here with the non existent road safety records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes - I remember we all removed them at the same time, and most ended up on display in bars and coffee shops.  India still has front plates, but they are mounted across the forks, not sticking out like a blade.

13 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Beg to differ as a witness of the time.  But my point is these front knives should not be allowed have a rebirth in Thailand in the name of retro. Learn the lessons of the past.

Took mine off as soon as I got the bike and put on a little finder ornament.

IMGP0004.JPG

Archived