What is the "Coolest" Bike Made in Thailand?

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

But they were banned in the UK donkeys years ago (50+) as they were a health hazard if you hit a pedestrian. Obviously a very low concern here with the non existent road safety records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah.....but I am 60 years old and I have never owned anything much new in my life except my boxers

( wedding tackle covers not BMWs )

Two of them were older than 15 years. Only the Daytona had a chrome fender ( and Bonnie forks without gaitors. Engine no T00R D as a sop to the disc brake )

Regardless of the danger factor , I removed them. On the old police bike I not only junked the plates but also the mirrors and useless indicators. Triumph electrics were crap enough without indicators complicating things. Just something else to vibrate loose.

On 3/9/2016 at 6:53 PM, CLW said:

Kawasaki GTO

Because I drive one 555

Love the GTO and the RX and owned both - but only riders under 5'6'' look good on them. RX-S was particularly sweet - great soundtrack. Concorde better, but not pretty.

RX Stage 1.jpg

Love the GTO and the RX and owned both - but only riders under 5'6'' look good on them. RX-S was particularly sweet - great soundtrack. Concorde better, but not pretty.
5a9590105403a_RXStage1.thumb.jpg.caa509182a76e667686eefc12bfa45d9.jpg
What is the latest generation (Brand and Model) of two strokes with water cooling?
And available in Thailand [emoji6]

• 3 months later...

I graduated from a Honda 50 to this in 1968.

I've looked for a picture of this bike several times before but this time got lucky. Usually Google serves up the RD350 or the R5 but this bike was much earlier.

1967 Yamaha yr1

yamaha-350yr1-1967.jpg

1 hour ago, Familyonthemove said:

The new Honda Monkey looks pretty cool - until someone of normal height sits on it .....

2375085.jpg.8d2309d06a21c896f9eac0b4b2761016.jpg

One definitely looks funny when riding one but that's where the whole name comes from: you look like a Monkey! ?

In terms of comfort it's actually better than a MSX. I didn't feel strange or uncomfy when I tried the Monkey. I think the pretty high handlebars help. If only the seat was a little bit longer to be able to take a pillion, I'd seriously consider buying one.

On 3/9/2016 at 2:05 AM, rodcourt49 said:

...you guys on your big bikes are great..makes such a pleasure to be overtaken and hear the blast coming and the rush of air as you go by..then to get a close up of you at the lights with your machines idling away..good stuff..a nice break from all the 125s..you set good examples to other road users of how to ride correctly in traffic (a pity the masses didn't practice the same..would be a much safer track)...'Ride on'..is that the saying?

Your point being?

we ease traffic by getting t f away from cages. Some cowboys in every sphere set a bad example, we call em squids

On 6/7/2018 at 2:52 AM, eisfeld said:

One definitely looks funny when riding one but that's where the whole name comes from: you look like a Monkey! ?

In terms of comfort it's actually better than a MSX. I didn't feel strange or uncomfy when I tried the Monkey. I think the pretty high handlebars help. If only the seat was a little bit longer to be able to take a pillion, I'd seriously consider buying one.

I agree this is cool I’d love to have 1

On 6/6/2018 at 11:52 PM, eisfeld said:

Had a short test ride on the new Honda Monkey at the Cub House on Ekamai, Bangkok.  Seriously considering getting one as city run-about.

As Eisfield says, you can't take yourself too seriously on a Monkey, but although the bike is obviously small, the seat is comparatively high, so leg bend is a comfortable 90 degrees and the high bars are at a roadster height, so it feels like you're sitting on a bigger bike.   No chance or carrying a pillion.

The little single has decent pulling power, but does not like high revs, and the (non abs) disk brakes are surprisingly powerful.  Clutch is light and u-turns in a narrow sub soi are a breeze. Quality of fittings is high, and all lights are LED. 

A very cool little bike.

2018_0616_11355700.jpg.5f48e574f8a26f3758f47ef8719e3355.jpg

How about the NSR150 under the cover?
Poor old Nessie NSR is still waiting patiently for a knight in shining armor to come rescue her....needs a top end overhaul,new tyres,leaky radiator fixed,front fork seals leak etc etc etc

The coolest made  bike in Thailnd? Mine.I just bought a  new "burnt Orange" Vulcan S .only got 30km on it. It seems a very good bike.I am a Triumph fan and have a Triumph 2007 in Australia, but Looking at the prices here 632,000Bht for a new speedmaster compared to about 470,000bht  [$A 21,000] in Australia,I know where I'll be buying my next Triumph.

5 hours ago, johng said:
15 hours ago, VocalNeal said:
How about the NSR150 under the cover?

Poor old Nessie NSR is still waiting patiently for a knight in shining armor to come rescue her....needs a top end overhaul,new tyres,leaky radiator fixed,front fork seals leak etc etc etc

If I wasn't taking a new job I'd come and get it. Although a TA150 might be more comfortable for me ?

Archived