What is the "Coolest" Bike Made in Thailand?

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice review, still would not touch it with a bargepole. Any motorcycle with "Chinese" engineering and parts attached to it is a recipe for disaster the world over.

Also, its very cheap, which should also set alarm bells off. The corners have to be cut somewhere and frankly the Chinese just do not have the QC, testing and engineering budget / patience of the big Japaense and European companies.

It is cheaper for a reason.

That's all well and good but the thread is about cool bikes rather than reliable, well built, safe or value for money ones.

Plus it all used to be "Jap Crap, when I was young. Now look at it!!

I'll bet the computer or whatever device you are using is made in China... (and probably 90% of most items you own)

Up to the buyer to determine what is "value for money". Have you seen one, or are you just making suppositions?

Did you ever consider that at least part of the reason it is cheap is because it is made here and they are not paying exorbitant duties on it to encourage local purchases?

Please you total wrong.

1. Chinа corporate culture, work culture. So far from Japan and so poor.

2. Any litle be quality manufactured it be administrate by HK, Taiwan, US or Europe . And Very litle be administrate by local new gen.

3. Allmast what start produced in China lost in quality( for example Fujitsu laptop. Or Sony top model laptop.

5. All hight tehnology in China still not get. Chip even previose past 2 gen not produce in China.

6. Still can get made in Japan, made in german, made in US even better made in Taiwan( for auto ,moto)

My Phone almast from Korea.

My almast from Japan

Camera -japan or malaysia.

Just simple thinks made in china as charger orbattery.

Even clothes almast not from China.

;)

Yea some quality can get from China.

But its true not auto and moto.

Ps

Diavel I hear be local?

Its Cool bike and be my first bike after 150-300cc moped.

:)

Stallion Centaur 150 Sport Classic.

Because I have one and it just is.

Game over

The Stallions is a now a real Thai brand motorcycle and made here in Thailand. At 150cc it is small enough to get through the crap traffic like a scooter and fun enough to know you are on a real bike.

Cool moped-yes..

But real bike? Do you try this is moped?

:)

Nice review, still would not touch it with a bargepole. Any motorcycle with "Chinese" engineering and parts attached to it is a recipe for disaster the world over.

Also, its very cheap, which should also set alarm bells off. The corners have to be cut somewhere and frankly the Chinese just do not have the QC, testing and engineering budget / patience of the big Japaense and European companies.

It is cheaper for a reason.

Maybe all the rest is overpriced? Did you think about that?

Honda Sonic,what a great little bike,can't wait for the double knocker they have in Indonesia.

You've reminded me of another bike: the Yamaha Exciter 150, although I cannot find where it's actually manufactured (the Sonic is reported as made in Thailand). I looked at the Exciter quite a bit while researching a new bike for my daughter. She ultimately got a Yamaha GTX 125 only because I thought it was a bit more appropriate for a young woman, had underseat storage, and etc,. plus a really great price at 43,000 Baht. No idea where it's made.

But the Exciter did impress me as it has a five speed manual gearbox, front and rear disc brakes (most scooters have drum brakes on the back), and a price of 64,000 Baht at the shops in Chiang Mai, which I thought pretty reasonable. Top speed seems about 130KPH-ish. An arbitrary youtube video of the bike with another, showing a dyno test, and etc.:

People apparently like to hot rod them as well. Here's a video of one with an aftermarket ECU of some sort that's running out to 150KPH:

I'm not completely sure I'd want to do 150KPH on such a small bike, but in fact, I haven't ridden one. It might be OK, I dunno. Kinda felt like I wouldn't mind having one of my own to play with, but I don't have the parking space for two motorcycles.

Absolutely agree with that. The Exciter is an amazing bike. I was recently in Vietnam and it's very, very popular there.

I had the opportunity to make a short test drive at a Yamaha shop. Wow, it feels like you're on a real bike, not a scooter. The salesperson told me it's so popular they have waiting list. Also he told me it is made in Vietnam.

But I don't know if only for domestic or the whole Asian production is done there.

Stallion Centaur 150 Sport Classic.

Because I have one and it just is.

Game over

The Stallions is a now a real Thai brand motorcycle and made here in Thailand. At 150cc it is small enough to get through the crap traffic like a scooter and fun enough to know you are on a real bike.

So my GF said to me just yesterday "Where would I sit on that?" I didn't have an answer. Can someone explain that seat from a utilitarian perspective?

Mine - the red one - I just cut off the rear pegs, it is just a toy for me. Normally you can remove the end piece, it is just a cover for the rest of the seat or you can custom make a bigger sear for very little money.

If you want a "family car" just get any scooter out there, they seat 6 or 7....

Triumph counts as made in Thailand now I think. Their status changed early 2015. Prices of eligible models dropped by about 40% then. Triumph build bikes in England and Thailand plus maybe a few other places but not sure. New triumph street twin 900 is 390,000 b for an example. I fancy one of those right now.

Triumph counts as made in Thailand now I think. Their status changed early 2015. Prices of eligible models dropped by about 40% then. Triumph build bikes in England and Thailand plus maybe a few other places but not sure. New triumph street twin 900 is 390,000 b for an example. I fancy one of those right now.

The Thai Visa Cool Wall Admin (Me) has reviewed the case of Triumph Motorcycles and found that since the establishment of Triumph Motorcycles Thailand Ltd in November 2015 there are models in the range that do appear to fall within the definition of a Thai made bike.

Checking on prices; the Bonneville is around 420,000 THB in Thailand and around 390,000 THB in the UK. So equally expensive in both markets!

So the Street Twin, currently the coolest bike in the range, will be added to the TV Cool Wall.

The Triumph Scrambler however, will remain excluded on the grounds that that huge overhanging exhaust is an abomination.

Having just bought one I'd have to say a Kawasaki Vulcan S. Wait, no I wouldn't, I didn't buy it to be cool, I'm way past bothering about that kind of nonsense.

Cool.

Thanks, we went for white:attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1457505230.155222.jpg

I like the bike, it is cool and the fact that you didn't buy it to be cool makes you even cooler!!

I also didn't buy my bike to be cool, I wanted the convenience of no shifting around town but enough power and storage to go out and about so i bought a Suzuki Skywave (Burgman) 650.

But, alas I fear I would not make the cool wall.. sad.png

attachicon.gifskywave 650 copy.jpg

I'm a Burgman 200 guy. Best kept secret in Thailand. Cool is full length running boards so my GF doesn't damage her heels on a foot peg, dual disk brakes with ABS which save my skin basically daily, full windscreen and fairing, cavernous under seat storage (no seriously, cavernous), 200cc's leave all the PCX's sitting at the the light, lockable dash box with power supply. Got my 6 months old for less than 100k and I am the only guy in town with it. Love it to death.

attachicon.gifb200f.jpg

attachicon.gifb200r.jpg

What about Suzuki dealers in rural Thailand, are there any? Or just in the mayor cities?

My kawa green Versys 650 2015 is pretty cool I think and so does the Thais when I get 20-30 km away from Pattaya, they always complement my bike when I stop for fuel or food, which is pretty cool I think.

Just fast enough with 1 person on-board, just. I would not like anything with less power, power gives you THE fun factor which for me is am important part of motorcycling.

Perhaps a R.E. 500 when I turn 65 or thereabouts, but thankfully still many years to go before that happens.

The Guzzi 850 LM 2 was the last bike I owned in EU and never gave my any problems, loved it and had a LM1 fairing on it, cool looking/sounding bike all-right.

PCX150 for downtown riding, not cool at all, but boy it's a good scout, never any problems and comfy/practical.

This one

I had one of those and even in same colors, spend almost as much time at the mechanic as at home. Even had to call mechanics to come to my house because the <deleted> thing wouldn't start.biggrin.png

I was one happy dude when it was sold.

Yes very cool looking and that is about all the positive I can say about it.

It got more attention than my 2002 Harley Road King I owned at the same time. The R.K. always worked during my 3 years ownership and wife and I was all over Thailand on it, very comfy 2 up touring bike with back rest for my wife.

After the Ducati I had in the states, I was very disappointed in the Scrambler I rode recently. Struck me as quite under-powered, and I didn't care at all for the wide handlebars and bolt upright riding position. I'm not sure what Ducati's game plan is these days. Apparently not racing so much, nor winning, anymore. Looks like they're most interested in selling average bikes to the masses. Panigales are much too expensive here to be cool.

The various Kawasaki 650s made here have quite a bit of merit. They've been around for a while, so service and parts are quite easy to come by. That they've been around for a while also means they can be had second hand relatively cheaply. They're also big enough to haul two people plus bags anywhere in Thailand. Barely big enough to do so! But big enough to do so. The engine isn't particularly high tech these days, but it produces about the same amount of torque as a Harley 883 Sportster or Yamaha Bolt, and has 15-20 more horsepower. Certainly not the "coolest" bikes ever made, but there lots of versatility in them that's hard to beat, and OP did stipulate "made in Thailand."

I haven't ridden the Z800, so can't really talk about it so much. I know it's pretty heavy, though, and have observed at least a few people unloading Z800s in favor of the 650s. No idea what that means. Just sayin'...

The price of 299,000 Baht suggests that the Yamaha MT-07 is made in Thailand. I think it's around 685-690cc or so. I kinda like it, but haven't ridden it. Really, Yamaha seems to have an off-again on-again relationship with selling their bigger bikes in Thailand, and I kinda worry about long terms parts and service availability. Sukuki seems worse in that regard. Any bike for which you have to wait 3-6 months for the (wrong?) parts to arrive and can't find ready service for is definitely uncool. And so who you gonna get to work on that pretty Benelli? Once the guy opens the engine, will they know what to do?

I think most Thai people are big, big fans of anything with the letters "Honda CB" at the front, and it doesn't much matter what comes after. Which means they tend to be extremely common, which is kind of not cool. But also means that they're probably easy enough to sell when the time comes, and that is pretty cool. Noticed a while back that the CB500 has ten more horsepower than my old Triumph 650 Bonneville. Not sure how it really would perform in comparison, but interesting. Still, gonna pass on the Honda "big bikes." I haven't heard anything good about their service departments just yet, but have heard lots of bad. Maybe in a few years, but not just yet.

I don't think I'd want a Harley 750, but is that one made in Thailand? Wherever it's made, I've read that it's selling quite well.

Have to pass on the various Thai brands of motorcycles, regardless of size. My experience is that they're much too likely to break down (though the good news is that parts are cheap).

I think that pretty much exhausts my list of potentially "cool" and made in Thailand bikes. I think I've gotten close to "cool" a few times above, but haven't quite made it to real "cool."

Your list can certainly vary, and surely will! My kid thinks her Yamaha GTX 125 is about the coolest thing in the world. smile.png

Edit PS: Bikes without greenbooks are definitely uncool, no matter what they look like, how big or small they are or how much power they might have.

"gonna pass on the Honda "big bikes." I haven't heard anything good about their service departments just yet, but have heard lots of bad. Maybe in a few years, but not just yet."

Who cares, wink.png

after the necessary services, to have no problems with any Guarantee claim at BIG WING Honda, have been done,

there is sure nearly everywhere in the surroundings of bigger cities a Good Thai mechanic to find who can do positive work on a BIG Honda, special these produced in Thailand.

I know one I trust, just after the BIG C entrance in Udon Thani city, city inward driving. clap2.gif

Bought a second hand Honda CB650F with some after market parts from the first owner and me attached , most important, the HYPER PRO spring and shock kit and the sound full IXIL Exhaust without silencer. whistling.gif

Coolest bike, but to expensive in comparison, Made in Thailand for me, in the moment = the DUCATI Monster821 in RED and with the after market exhaust sound. thumbsup.gif

12744137_1015906861780939_54092327791150

12744278_1015910121780613_13869083325688

12743664_1015911748447117_46013113974945

12729020_1015906918447600_22699682339849

Diavel I hear be local?

Its Cool bike and be my first bike after 150-300cc moped.

smile.png

DUCATI DIAVEL?

As far as I know the Diavels are imported and why they so expensive. rolleyes.gif

they are not so expensive if you compare with really imported motorcycles.wink.png

It may not be the coolest bike, but in my opinion very nice and practical for touring around Thailand, especially 2 up.

Honda CB500 X

what its be different with CB or CBR?

I think that the next step is Honda Designer release and only set few different panels with different logos. You can even make 100 models.

its cool ? yes?

biggrin.png

Very Cool. Altho' looking at the pics of the bike on the road it does not seem to have much of a lean angle before that belly pan hits.

..... Interesting bike, but it's made in Australia.

And any cool points scored by the engine configuration were wiped out by the video advertising ...... "V-Eight---V-Great". bah.gif

Very Cool. Altho' looking at the pics of the bike on the road it does not seem to have much of a lean angle before that belly pan hits.

..... Interesting bike, but it's made in Australia.

And any cool points scored by the engine configuration were wiped out by the video advertising ...... "V-Eight---V-Great". bah.gif

It aint made in Australia.

post-186594-0-92726800-1457853771_thumb.

http://www.auroramotorcycles.com/company.htm

Holy moley ! Aurora hellfire gets my vote for coolest bike. Bet its a few Baht mind and Id be worried opening it up on Thai roads with all the som tam carts crossing the street. Be a right laugh to own one eh, sure it would put a big grin on my face.

From a website, speculative price 150000 ozzie dollars ...umm 4 million baht. Time to buy a lottery ticket.

Coolest bike made in Thailand. The Aurora Hellfire.

looks like a turd on wheels... horrible

That fair. What's cool to me aint cool to you. Life would be boring if we all had the same tastes in life.

I notice you have not made a contribution to this thread other than to criticise others so in the spirit of the thread.

What bike made in Thailand do you think is "cool" ?

Archived