What is the "Coolest" Bike Made in Thailand?

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/8/2016 at 8:11 PM, Markc said:

Stallion Centaur 150 Sport Classic.

Because I have one and it just is.

Game over

made in china the only thing made in Thailand is the sticker that says made in thailand

there is NO SUCH thing as a Thai motor cycle

the yamaha is only assembled in Thailand

all stallions are assembled and made in china

the stallions centaur 400 is made by shineray in china

and sold everywhere in the world under a different name

check out Mash 400 

What Thai motorcycle  Where???

On 3/9/2016 at 9:28 AM, smccolley said:

The Stallions is a now a real Thai brand motorcycle and made here in Thailand. At 150cc it is small enough to get through the crap traffic like a scooter and fun enough to know you are on a real bike.

post-30837-0-78483600-1457490391_thumb.j

Looking at the finger pointing the black stallion did it again  :shock1:

On 2017-5-14 at 8:55 AM, fdch said:

there is NO SUCH thing as a Thai motor cycle

the yamaha is only assembled in Thailand

all stallions are assembled and made in china

the stallions centaur 400 is made by shineray in china

and sold everywhere in the world under a different name

check out Mash 400 

What Thai motorcycle  Where???

So, tell me, what happens at the Stallions factory? It is just an empty building? :shock1:

6 hours ago, bramds said:

So, tell me, what happens at the Stallions factory? It is just an empty building? :shock1:

I think the parts are made by Somoto, a Chinese company and then assembled in Thailand as Centaur.

19 hours ago, bramds said:

The Stallions 400s, 250 Centaurs & 250 Buccaneers are sold worldwide under various names.

It's well-known that the 400 is a Chinese copy of an old Honda engine. Similarly for the 250 Centaur - a copy of an old Suzuki GN250 engine. The Buccaneer is said to be a recent Italjet design. 

For those models, at least, I'd guess they're bought-in by Stallions and modified to a greater or lesser extent. Very little original manufacturing is likely to be involved.

Don't know about the 150s but I'd bet the same applies.

No, unfortunately not.

It may "look" ok parked up on it's sidestand, but i can assure you the first proper corner you come to, you will recquire an underpants change. Not only the rake angle on the forks/headstock, but even worse the tyres. Those tyres should not be fitted to anything with 2 wheels. Deathmasters. Square profile. 3 wheels - fine, absolutely perfect for a sidecar outfit.

57 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

No, unfortunately not.

It may "look" ok parked up on it's sidestand, but i can assure you the first proper corner you come to, you will recquire an underpants change. Not only the rake angle on the forks/headstock, but even worse the tyres. Those tyres should not be fitted to anything with 2 wheels. Deathmasters. Square profile. 3 wheels - fine, absolutely perfect for a sidecar outfit.

You obviously do not understand.

11 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

it is a cool looking bike pee paub but it would be an absolute pig to ride.

Of course it would - have you ever driven a chopper that handled like an R1? I thought the topic was "cool" not "best handling".

1 minute ago, thaiguzzi said:

Sorry. In my book if they don't work, they are not "cool".

Art for art's sake does'nt cut it with me.

Unrideable art (and i've seen a few) is not a proper motorcycle.

Hardly "unrideable". You don't always have to drag your knee cornering at 200 kph to be riding.

5 minutes ago, pee paub said:

Hardly "unrideable". You don't always have to drag your knee cornering at 200 kph to be riding.

Nobody said you've got to do 200kph and get your knee down. I've ridden motorcycles for 40 years and i've never got my "knee down". I've also ridden plenty of "Choppas", lowriders et al, and custom Harleys that DID handle.

You, obviously have never ridden a motorcycle with those type of tyres. I will tell you now, they have no place on a motorcycle that is actually meant to be ridden...

21 minutes ago, pee paub said:

Of course it would - have you ever driven a chopper that handled like an R1? I thought the topic was "cool" not "best handling".

I thought the thread was about manufacture here by actual companies, not something you see at the local bike show built by Somchai.

If thats were it is at now I can put up a heap of picks from the various Burapha Bike Weeks ive been to over the years, but that not really the spirit of this thread.

Archived