BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Familyonthemove

What is the "Coolest" Bike Made in Thailand?

This one

I had one of those and even in same colors, spend almost as much time at the mechanic as at home. Even had to call mechanics to come to my house because the <deleted> thing wouldn't start.biggrin.png

I was one happy dude when it was sold.

Yes very cool looking and that is about all the positive I can say about it.

It got more attention than my 2002 Harley Road King I owned at the same time. The R.K. always worked during my 3 years ownership and wife and I was all over Thailand on it, very comfy 2 up touring bike with back rest for my wife.

After the Ducati I had in the states, I was very disappointed in the Scrambler I rode recently. Struck me as quite under-powered, and I didn't care at all for the wide handlebars and bolt upright riding position. I'm not sure what Ducati's game plan is these days. Apparently not racing so much, nor winning, anymore. Looks like they're most interested in selling average bikes to the masses. Panigales are much too expensive here to be cool.

The various Kawasaki 650s made here have quite a bit of merit. They've been around for a while, so service and parts are quite easy to come by. That they've been around for a while also means they can be had second hand relatively cheaply. They're also big enough to haul two people plus bags anywhere in Thailand. Barely big enough to do so! But big enough to do so. The engine isn't particularly high tech these days, but it produces about the same amount of torque as a Harley 883 Sportster or Yamaha Bolt, and has 15-20 more horsepower. Certainly not the "coolest" bikes ever made, but there lots of versatility in them that's hard to beat, and OP did stipulate "made in Thailand."

I haven't ridden the Z800, so can't really talk about it so much. I know it's pretty heavy, though, and have observed at least a few people unloading Z800s in favor of the 650s. No idea what that means. Just sayin'...

The price of 299,000 Baht suggests that the Yamaha MT-07 is made in Thailand. I think it's around 685-690cc or so. I kinda like it, but haven't ridden it. Really, Yamaha seems to have an off-again on-again relationship with selling their bigger bikes in Thailand, and I kinda worry about long terms parts and service availability. Sukuki seems worse in that regard. Any bike for which you have to wait 3-6 months for the (wrong?) parts to arrive and can't find ready service for is definitely uncool. And so who you gonna get to work on that pretty Benelli? Once the guy opens the engine, will they know what to do?

I think most Thai people are big, big fans of anything with the letters "Honda CB" at the front, and it doesn't much matter what comes after. Which means they tend to be extremely common, which is kind of not cool. But also means that they're probably easy enough to sell when the time comes, and that is pretty cool. Noticed a while back that the CB500 has ten more horsepower than my old Triumph 650 Bonneville. Not sure how it really would perform in comparison, but interesting. Still, gonna pass on the Honda "big bikes." I haven't heard anything good about their service departments just yet, but have heard lots of bad. Maybe in a few years, but not just yet.

I don't think I'd want a Harley 750, but is that one made in Thailand? Wherever it's made, I've read that it's selling quite well.

Have to pass on the various Thai brands of motorcycles, regardless of size. My experience is that they're much too likely to break down (though the good news is that parts are cheap).

I think that pretty much exhausts my list of potentially "cool" and made in Thailand bikes. I think I've gotten close to "cool" a few times above, but haven't quite made it to real "cool."

Your list can certainly vary, and surely will! My kid thinks her Yamaha GTX 125 is about the coolest thing in the world. smile.png

Edit PS: Bikes without greenbooks are definitely uncool, no matter what they look like, how big or small they are or how much power they might have.

"gonna pass on the Honda "big bikes." I haven't heard anything good about their service departments just yet, but have heard lots of bad. Maybe in a few years, but not just yet."

Who cares, wink.png

after the necessary services, to have no problems with any Guarantee claim at BIG WING Honda, have been done,

there is sure nearly everywhere in the surroundings of bigger cities a Good Thai mechanic to find who can do positive work on a BIG Honda, special these produced in Thailand.

I know one I trust, just after the BIG C entrance in Udon Thani city, city inward driving. clap2.gif

Bought a second hand Honda CB650F with some after market parts from the first owner and me attached , most important, the HYPER PRO spring and shock kit and the sound full IXIL Exhaust without silencer. whistling.gif

Coolest bike, but to expensive in comparison, Made in Thailand for me, in the moment = the DUCATI Monster821 in RED and with the after market exhaust sound. thumbsup.gif

12744137_1015906861780939_54092327791150

12744278_1015910121780613_13869083325688

12743664_1015911748447117_46013113974945

12729020_1015906918447600_22699682339849

Diavel I hear be local?

Its Cool bike and be my first bike after 150-300cc moped.

smile.png

DUCATI DIAVEL?

As far as I know the Diavels are imported and why they so expensive. rolleyes.gif

Alfredo wrote: DUCATI DIAVEL?

As far as I know the Diavels are imported and why they so expensive. rolleyes.gif .

No, Diavels are assembled here in Thailand and they are my coolest bike also, because I have one smile.png .

Diavel I hear be local?

Its Cool bike and be my first bike after 150-300cc moped.

smile.png

DUCATI DIAVEL?

As far as I know the Diavels are imported and why they so expensive. rolleyes.gif

they are not so expensive if you compare with really imported motorcycles.wink.png

It may not be the coolest bike, but in my opinion very nice and practical for touring around Thailand, especially 2 up.

Honda CB500 X

It may not be the coolest bike, but in my opinion very nice and practical for touring around Thailand, especially 2 up.

Honda CB500 X

what its be different with CB or CBR?

I think that the next step is Honda Designer release and only set few different panels with different logos. You can even make 100 models.

its cool ? yes?

biggrin.png

Very Cool. Altho' looking at the pics of the bike on the road it does not seem to have much of a lean angle before that belly pan hits.

Very Cool. Altho' looking at the pics of the bike on the road it does not seem to have much of a lean angle before that belly pan hits.

..... Interesting bike, but it's made in Australia.

And any cool points scored by the engine configuration were wiped out by the video advertising ...... "V-Eight---V-Great". bah.gif

..... Interesting bike, but it's made in Australia.

And any cool points scored by the engine configuration were wiped out by the video advertising ...... "V-Eight---V-Great". bah.gif

It aint made in Australia.

post-186594-0-92726800-1457853771_thumb.

http://www.auroramotorcycles.com/company.htm

Holy moley ! Aurora hellfire gets my vote for coolest bike. Bet its a few Baht mind and Id be worried opening it up on Thai roads with all the som tam carts crossing the street. Be a right laugh to own one eh, sure it would put a big grin on my face.

From a website, speculative price 150000 ozzie dollars ...umm 4 million baht. Time to buy a lottery ticket.

Coolest bike made in Thailand. The Aurora Hellfire.

looks like a turd on wheels... horrible

That fair. What's cool to me aint cool to you. Life would be boring if we all had the same tastes in life.

I notice you have not made a contribution to this thread other than to criticise others so in the spirit of the thread.

What bike made in Thailand do you think is "cool" ?