What is the "Coolest" Bike Made in Thailand?

Just now, thaiguzzi said:

Nobody said you've got to do 200kph and get your knee down. I've ridden motorcycles for 40 years and i've never got my "knee down". I've also ridden plenty of "Choppas", lowriders et al, and custom Harleys that DID handle.

You, obviously have never ridden a motorcycle with those type of tyres. I will tell you now, they have no place on a motorcycle that is actually meant to be ridden...

LOL. You know nothing about me.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I thought the thread was about manufacture here by actual companies, not something you see at the local bike show built by Somchai.

If thats were it is at now I can put up a heap of picks from the various Burapha Bike Weeks ive been to over the years, but that not really the spirit of this thread.

On the other hand, I thought the topic was : "What is the Coolest" Bike Made in Thailand?" I posted what I thought was a cool bike made in Thailand. Sorry.

Enough, I'm out of here.

I disagree I feel the only true Thai bike I have seen mentioned here is the Stallion. The Honda's, Ducati's and BMW's may be manufactured (or most likely assembled) here but design and quality control standards are established by the parent companies. (Yes, ignoring the OP to be argumentative 55)

3 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

I disagree I feel the only true Thai bike I have seen mentioned here is the Stallion. The Honda's, Ducati's and BMW's may be manufactured (or most likely assembled) here but design and quality control standards are established by the parent companies. (Yes, ignoring the OP to be argumentative 55)

But are Stallions really Thai? I don't know about their whole lineup but at least some of their bikes are just re-branded chinese bikes that you can find under different names in other markets - like already mentioned. Not designed by Thais, not engineered by Thais, not manufactured by Thais. Maybe assembled and slightly modified by Thais. Which bikes are really made by them?

The new 250 Buccaneer bikes are made by Longjia (possibly designed by Italjet)

The 150 Centaur according to this page are done by Somoto: http://stallionscentaur150cafe.com/makes-stallions-motorbike/

The 400cc Centaur are made by Shineray.

Maybe Stallions made some design decisions for the Centaur line, not sure.

The Honda 650s are arguably more Thai than the Stallions bikes. They were at least partially engineered and designed in Thailand and are manufactured here.

On 2017-5-15 at 11:34 AM, bramds said:

So, tell me, what happens at the Stallions factory? It is just an empty building? :shock1:

They open the  cardboard boxes they recieved    from China, inflate the tyres and stick a "assembled in Thailand" sticker on em... 

Then ship to dealers id imagine... 

Since the original post (which defined 'made in Thailand' as the tax definition of assembled here), there's been some developments.

The new Triumph Bonneville Scrambler would almost top the charts in my view (see photo taken at the motor show - it's down there somewhere, but it could also be a T 100 in the shot, as I was distracted by the logo), if it were not for the Ducati Desert Sled, which is now officially the coolest bike made in Thailand. 

2016_0820_17181600.thumb.jpg.06536c1daf5148b4cde5acd5f1168ede.jpg

5 hours ago, Familyonthemove said:

Since the original post (which defined 'made in Thailand' as the tax definition of assembled here), there's been some developments.

The new Triumph Bonneville Scrambler would almost top the charts in my view (see photo taken at the motor show - it's down there somewhere, but it could also be a T 100 in the shot, as I was distracted by the logo), if it were not for the Ducati Desert Sled, which is now officially the coolest bike made in Thailand. 

2016_0820_17181600.thumb.jpg.06536c1daf5148b4cde5acd5f1168ede.jpg

you win

4 hours ago, deadbeat said:

I just got me a Stallion Centaur Tracker 150,  Price 60k,  Looks like a Bonneville with fat tires. Steve McQueen, eat your heart out.

1. Congrats. Nice looking little bikes.

2. No, sorry, do not look like a Bonneville. Not even close. But i get where you are coming from.

3. This is my Bonneville. No similarities whatsoever.

4. Steve McQueen, RIP,  one of the world's greatest motorcyclists, and a true Triumph nut, would turn in his grave if seen in public riding one...

59328289e1732_phonephotostoApril2017311.thumb.jpg.c11e28d3d9896bf3400f76c0556599f8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I'm a greasy old die hard biker your never see the likes of us again.  :biggrin:

That's indeed a fortunate thing Kwasaki!!

Only joking.   Old bikers don't die....they just add another wheel....or ride away, live slow and die old, or something.

On 6/3/2017 at 4:36 PM, thaiguzzi said:

1. Congrats. Nice looking little bikes.

2. No, sorry, do not look like a Bonneville. Not even close. But i get where you are coming from.

3. This is my Bonneville. No similarities whatsoever.

4. Steve McQueen, RIP,  one of the world's greatest motorcyclists, and a true Triumph nut, would turn in his grave if seen in public riding one...

59328289e1732_phonephotostoApril2017311.thumb.jpg.c11e28d3d9896bf3400f76c0556599f8.jpg

Fine example of how the wrong  paintjob  can make a great bike FUGLY .......

42 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

That's not nice bikes are personal maybe it's something you don't understand.  

On 24/06/2017 at 10:54 PM, speedtripler said:

# You ai'nt seen the top of the tank...

# This tank replaced a beloved tank that i still have that was damaged in a high side in '94/95. That tank could of been repaired but i would of lost the paint job. It now hangs on my workshop wall. it was painted in around 1983 by a well know local guy who only ever did 5 paint jobs on m/c tanks, all with a similar theme to them but all very different.

# Both tanks have the same motto on the top. The same as what's tattoo'ed in 3" letters on my back. Personal? Yeah i think so.

# Paint is by Ty Lawer of famed Pageant Paintwork England fame. Holding up pretty well considering it was painted in 1994 or 95.

Pics do not do the paint job, nor colours, nor subtleties justice, but hey, i ai'nt apologizing for nought.

And i love it.

Anything else?

595079e39cafc_phonephotostoApril2017305.thumb.jpg.82b0a0bb9812212c3a805fb7ead2e9c3.jpg59507a818294c_phonephotostoApril2017308.thumb.jpg.5a4891f8cbba170cc487a2ed774dca7f.jpg

On 6/25/2017 at 0:42 AM, speedtripler said:

doesnt make it any less true .......

Disagree it's a fine example of a motorbike enthusiast owners luv for a classic with his own personal touch.

Have you anything to add to the thread other than insults.

Archived