Hatari Air Purifier (HT-AP12) - fan speed for 24 hour running?

jharr

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, IsaanFam said:

So, does anyone know where I can get a Hatari (locally, not lazada). I was in Homepro and they did not have them in stock anymore.

Whats wrong with lazada? They have very friendly shipping and payment methods... Also very friendly support.. I returned a bunch of stuff and some of the stuff i got refunded without even returning the products.

3 minutes ago, hobz said:

Whats wrong with lazada? They have very friendly shipping and payment methods... Also very friendly support.. I returned a bunch of stuff and some of the stuff i got refunded without even returning the products.

Nothing wrong, but it is out of stock there.

Re Gruenluft and their air purifier products from China, it looks like their purifier model and supporting filters are back available on Lazada via Siriwan Online.

Baywatch, did you ever have any luck in getting in contact with them directly and/or with the company in China???

Just a note on air purifier maintenance.

A couple months back, before I got into the air purifiers deal, I ordered and had delivered from the U.S. a small, rechargeable Dirt Devil brand dust buster type vacuum w HEPA filter unit to use at home... Because, we don't have any regular big vacuum in the house, and I figured it would be handy to have for various uses, especially in a dusty environment like Bangkok.

But now that I'm into the air purifiers thing, I find the Dirt Devil vacuum unit has become very handy for cleaning and extending the life of my air purifier filters, as follows:  In recent days, I had noticed that I was getting higher PM2.5 readings in my bedroom even when my Sharp purifier was running as normal, even though the outside air hasn't been worse lately.

Right now, it's been about 2 months since I started using the Sharp unit in our bedroom, and it's in use every day at least 12 hours or more. So it's running still on the original HEPA filter and the original carbon prefilters that I had added to the back of the unit myself. Well, normally, the carbon filters are supposed to last 3 months, so not really time to change them yet.

So earlier this week, seeing the higher PM2.5 readings, I checked the rear cover/builtin mesh filter section of my Sharp purifier, and found a visible accumulation of dust. So I used the Dirt Devil hand vac to clean that all way, but still the subsequent PM2.5 readings remained higher than before. So yesterday, I went a step further and opened the back cover of the purifier unit and found the charcoal prefilter strips I added had also accumulated an even heavier coating of dust.

So, I took the carbon prefilter strips out, set them down on the table, and used the Dirt Devil unit to vacuum away all the dust on the surface so the formerly white/gray color was returned to its original pure black color. Did the same with the HEPA filter, running the Dirt Devil vacuum over the whole back surface area of the filter. Put everything back together, and started running the purifier unit again.

Almost immediately, post the vacuum treatment, the elevated 8-10 mcg readings I had been getting in my bedroom in the mornings lately with the purifier fan running on high dropped down to 1-2 mcg with the purifier fan running on medium, and 0-1 mcg if I wanted to run the purifier fan on high -- which pretty much matches the readings I was getting when I first started using the new purifier two months back.

So in short, I'd say, apart from replacing the HEPA and carbon filters as needed and on schedule, you certainly can improve the performance of your purifier and extend at least the life of its carbon prefilter by giving them a good vacuuming periodically if you have access to a HEPA vacuum unit of some sort.

Of course, using a regular cheap vacuum indoors WITHOUT A HEPA FILTER would be counterproductive, since a portion of any dust it vacuumed off of your purifier and its filters would simple be sprayed back into the room by the non-HEPA vacuum.

But you could still use a non HEPA vacuum to good results as long as you did the vacuuming outdoors where any escaping dust wouldn't simply end up inside your home.

• 4 weeks later...

Assuming there are still some air purifier owners out there paying attention to this thread, wanted to make a request that might provide interesting:

Can anyone who has an air purifier post a reply here with their purifier model and the height/width dimensions of its HEPA filter?  It might be interesting to see if there's any overlap in size between the HEPA filters used in the various models, creating more opportunity/ease for finding replacement filters.

To start, my Sharp FP-F30 purifier uses a HEPA filter sized 12 in high X 11-1/4 in wide.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I discovered over the weekend, in finally making an in-person visit to the shop that handles replacement filters for Sharp, is that the filter for my unit apparently is the same size and type used in several other Sharp purifier units, including the FP-GM30, the F-U-A28 and the F-U-Y28.

There also appear to be two different filters with two different prices sold here for those units. I couldn't get a clear explanation in Thai of just what if any differences exist between the two filters, but one, referred to as the A250 filter, is currently priced at 621 baht, and the other, referred to as FZ-F30HFE, is priced at 1,390 baht.  The cheaper one may be a generic version, while the more expensive one may be the more official Sharp version. But for the past two months, the Sharp filter seller here has been out of the F30-HFE version, though they claim they have more on order via Sharp Thailand.

Just as Sharp purifier retailers here don't typically sell Sharp replacement HEPA filters, neither does Sharp Thailand, at least not directly to consumers. Instead, for whatever reason, their official replacement filter retailer is a shop called JBS Sales and Service at 2159 New Petchburi Rd. in Bangkok, just past the corner with RCA Avenue, and across from a Sony Service Center on the other side of Petchburi. JBS is listed under Google Maps.

None of the staff there appear to speak English, and they have no website for ordering. But they are open Mon to Sat., and are not far up Petchburi Road from the Petchburi MRT station. And they did tell my wife in Thai that they would mail out replacement filters for customers who order via telephone with them and then pay the bill via bank transfer to their account.

165239861_2018-05-2120_48_45.jpg.7be269fa97d6f3f81084e54bf9ce80d5.jpg

2 hours ago, junglechef said:

Where can I buy Hatari Hepa-filter (RAP-1201)?

Bought air purifier from a friend

You might try your local HomePro... but staff are usually not too helpful...

https://www.homepro.co.th/product/1020792?lang=en

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/hatari-rap-1201-refill-i160507122-s193285362.html

• 8 months later...

Found the below description for a 'plasma" feature in an air purifier.

Cold plasma air purifier and other plasma generator air purifier models work by emitting both positive and negative ions. These ions have a similar makeup to water, which allows them to separate and rejoin around the harmful particles. When the ions join around the toxins, they become trapped within the plasma filter, effectively removing them from the air where they are breathed in by unsuspecting people. The technology found within plasma purifiers is a low-cost, low-maintenance solution to improving indoor air quality, as they do not require frequent filter replacements like other types of air purifiers do. Plasma air filters are also very energy-efficient, usually requiring less electricity than a standard light bulb to operate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2019 at 3:14 PM, depe said:

Is there a timer functionality? E.g. Can I set it to turn on daily 5 AM and turn off 8 PM etc.

No and this unit can not be controlled by a wall plug timer as it has a fancy electronic touch control with remote that resets to off everytime it loses power... That’s why I switched the the Xaiomi model as it is controlled by an App and can be programmed to go on/off whenever you want...

On 3/1/2018 at 12:42 AM, TonyClifton said:

Perhaps the solution is to move to Singapore.  I notice, that no matter how bad it is in Asia, it is all green in Singapore.

Maybe it is because SG is so boring that even the pollution leaves. ????

David

• 1 month later...
On February 26, 2018 at 6:06 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Seems as though the one filter on the HomePro website and the one listed above on the Hatari website and one and the same.... and both listed as being 888 baht.

So that's good fortune, in the Thai/Asian way of thinking.... :sleep:

But when I visited the Home Pro at Ploenchit in BKK yesterday, they had the air cleaner:

5a93e9bfad282_2018-02-2515_42_21.jpg.08121a4d4b818728c1d5dc4fdec2423d.jpg

But the staff said they didn't stock IN STORE any of the filters for this unit or any of the other similar units.

I was doubtful, finding that hard to believe. So I wandered around all the likely areas of the store, and found only this, which I'm pretty sure fits something else, since I found it elsewhere in the portable air conditioner units section.

5a93e9c0eb3d2_2018-02-2515_49_11.jpg.1f028b71886fa7922f55cdca93befd89.jpg

5a93e9c27c544_2018-02-2515_49_21.jpg.82d5f1a552dbc9f001bc321c905397bd.jpg

I think thats the filter for the older model, more rectangular

Archived