BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Ex-DSI chief Tarit has amassed 346 million baht in ill-gotten wealth

Ex-DSI chief Tarit Pengdit has amassed 346 million baht in ill-gotten wealth

178-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former Department of Special Investigation chief Tarit Pengdit was found to be unusuall rich having amassed about 346 million baht in ill-gotten wealth.

The National Anti-Corruption Commission unanimously ruled by 7:0 votes to fault Mr Tarit of being unusually rich, said Mr Preecha Lertkamolmat, a member of the NACC, disclosed on Thursday.

Earlier, the NACC impounded about 90 million baht worth of assets seized from Tarit and his wife, Mrs Wassamon.

But investigation by a probe panel of the NACC uncovered that the former DSI chief had amassed much more wealth than the 90 million baht worth of assets already impounded.

The rest of the ill-gotten wealth were found to have been transferred to his nephew, Mr Piyaruek Atthakarnrat and the Piyathanawat company whose directors are Piyaruek and Mrs Karnda Puedchanthik, younger sister of Tarit’s wife.

The NACC admitted it could not trace the whereabouts of the remaining 256 million baht worth of wealth.

The NACC’s investigating report about Tarit was submitted to the Office of Attorney-General with a recommendation that his impounded assets should be confiscated.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/154514

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-10

This confirms it, I'm in the wrong job.

(or I'm not much of a thief)

If you cant trust the DSI then who can you trust!!

I posted several years ago......check his bank accounts, it was written all over this vile man who was bought and paid for. A pillar of ................................ oh and who appointed him DSI chief I wonder, rotten to the core, I hope he sees the inside of a cell for a very long time along with his cohorts

You know what this country needs? Accountants.

it needs peole in power that will go after these scum

Who says law enforcement is under paid?!?!?

It is, however crime does pay.

Well criminals do anyway.

Apparently...

Allegedly...

Waiting----But But But the army.......But But But the PM.......awaiting the answers from the TVF denialists ..............usual---it happens in all countries cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It was always on the cards, 250 million no trace ??? not able to find ???? water board him till he tells the powers that be.

Always good that crooks get caught. Too bad that only people of on shirt colour get caught. Are we going to see a serious effort in checking the wealth of the junta/ruling elite? What do you think, ginjag?

I have said it before and I will say it again. I do not believe

that a single political figure of any significant power could

withstand a full investigative check into their finances.

This guy is just one more example. But being head of

DSI simply makes it more funny. But I guess about as

funny as the former head of all police in Thailand that

faced murder charges in the famous blue diamond affair.

What a great country Thailand would be if it was not

being bled dry by these pieces of sh**..... :-(

Waiting----But But But the army.......But But But the PM.......awaiting the answers from the TVF denialists ..............usual---it happens in all countries cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It was always on the cards, 250 million no trace ??? not able to find ???? water board him till he tells the powers that be.

Always good that crooks get caught. Too bad that only people of on shirt colour get caught. Are we going to see a serious effort in checking the wealth of the junta/ruling elite? What do you think, ginjag?

300 and some million pales in comparison to the unusual wealth of a certain General-cum-self-appointed-PM.... whistling.gif

The gullible are taken in by this attack on corruption. There is so much corruption in Thailand, you could throw a stone in Siam Paragon and it will hit some corrupt hiso.

So when the generals take over the country, everyone else needs to understand that it is pay-back time.

Agree, there would appear to be many military high ranking officers who seem to fit into the same category but yet, never get a mention!

I posted several years ago......check his bank accounts, it was written all over this vile man who was bought and paid for. A pillar of ................................ oh and who appointed him DSI chief I wonder, rotten to the core, I hope he sees the inside of a cell for a very long time along with his cohorts

Hopefully sharing that cell with his partner in crime, probably in so many ways,, Chalerm.