Ex-DSI chief Tarit has amassed 346 million baht in ill-gotten wealth

webfact

Ex-DSI chief Tarit Pengdit has amassed 346 million baht in ill-gotten wealth

178-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former Department of Special Investigation chief Tarit Pengdit was found to be unusuall rich having amassed about 346 million baht in ill-gotten wealth.

The National Anti-Corruption Commission unanimously ruled by 7:0 votes to fault Mr Tarit of being unusually rich, said Mr Preecha Lertkamolmat, a member of the NACC, disclosed on Thursday.

Earlier, the NACC impounded about 90 million baht worth of assets seized from Tarit and his wife, Mrs Wassamon.

But investigation by a probe panel of the NACC uncovered that the former DSI chief had amassed much more wealth than the 90 million baht worth of assets already impounded.

The rest of the ill-gotten wealth were found to have been transferred to his nephew, Mr Piyaruek Atthakarnrat and the Piyathanawat company whose directors are Piyaruek and Mrs Karnda Puedchanthik, younger sister of Tarit’s wife.

The NACC admitted it could not trace the whereabouts of the remaining 256 million baht worth of wealth.

The NACC’s investigating report about Tarit was submitted to the Office of Attorney-General with a recommendation that his impounded assets should be confiscated.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/154514

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-10

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted several years ago......check his bank accounts, it was written all over this vile man who was bought and paid for. A pillar of ................................ oh and who appointed him DSI chief I wonder, rotten to the core, I hope he sees the inside of a cell for a very long time along with his cohorts

Waiting----But But But the army.......But But But the PM.......awaiting the answers from the TVF denialists ..............usual---it happens in all countries cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It was always on the cards, 250 million no trace ??? not able to find ???? water board him till he tells the powers that be.

Always good that crooks get caught. Too bad that only people of on shirt colour get caught. Are we going to see a serious effort in checking the wealth of the junta/ruling elite? What do you think, ginjag?

I have said it before and I will say it again. I do not believe

that a single political figure of any significant power could

withstand a full investigative check into their finances.

This guy is just one more example. But being head of

DSI simply makes it more funny. But I guess about as

funny as the former head of all police in Thailand that

faced murder charges in the famous blue diamond affair.

What a great country Thailand would be if it was not

being bled dry by these pieces of sh**..... :-(

Waiting----But But But the army.......But But But the PM.......awaiting the answers from the TVF denialists ..............usual---it happens in all countries cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It was always on the cards, 250 million no trace ??? not able to find ???? water board him till he tells the powers that be.

Always good that crooks get caught. Too bad that only people of on shirt colour get caught. Are we going to see a serious effort in checking the wealth of the junta/ruling elite? What do you think, ginjag?

300 and some million pales in comparison to the unusual wealth of a certain General-cum-self-appointed-PM.... whistling.gif

The gullible are taken in by this attack on corruption. There is so much corruption in Thailand, you could throw a stone in Siam Paragon and it will hit some corrupt hiso.

So when the generals take over the country, everyone else needs to understand that it is pay-back time.

Agree, there would appear to be many military high ranking officers who seem to fit into the same category but yet, never get a mention!

I posted several years ago......check his bank accounts, it was written all over this vile man who was bought and paid for. A pillar of ................................ oh and who appointed him DSI chief I wonder, rotten to the core, I hope he sees the inside of a cell for a very long time along with his cohorts

Hopefully sharing that cell with his partner in crime, probably in so many ways,, Chalerm.

Awww gee, who is surprised?

So now what? Will he be prosecuted and jailed?

Will ANY other high ranking Thai official, be they military, government, police or MPs also be thoroughly investigated. prosecuted and jailed?

Thought not.

All this 'we are fighting corruption' is just a dog and pony show for the gullible masses. The 'elite' are scared sh!ttless over what will happen in the near future, and this junta is simply acting as a placeholder for the real powers in Thailand. The elite are also the puppet masters hiding behind the curtain. You didn't actually think that Prayut acted on his own volition, did you?

It is a good start. And don't forget the shin gang

Better get half of the thieves than none.

And btw. I am not sure if the other "shirt color" caused as much damage.

"It is a good start."

When only one side is targeted it's not a start of anything. It's merely chasing competing snouts away from the trough.

"And don't forget the shin gang"

Ah, yes of course. How could I forget!

"And btw. I am not sure if the other "shirt color" caused as much damage."

Which colour are you referring to?

I have written to him and his honourable family requesting that they become my financial advisers. Of course I have offered them a substantial No Win No Fee arrangement, but I am confident that by the time I am back in Blighty, even 10% of his alleged assets will have been transferred to my "Offshore" Accounts. Even such a limited sum will keep the debt collectors and courts at bay for the forseeable future.

Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that this individual has ANY moral or ethical links with the RED shirts! SOOOO funny!

Wasn't it Abhisit that appointed him?

"It is a good start."

When only one side is targeted it's not a start of anything. It's merely chasing competing snouts away from the trough.

"And don't forget the shin gang"

Ah, yes of course. How could I forget!

"And btw. I am not sure if the other "shirt color" caused as much damage."

Which colour are you referring to?

Are you on overtime or is it overdrive?

Wasn't it Abhisit that appointed him?
IT would seem that someone else saw something bright in him earlier on: https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/490179-man-in-the-hot-seat-tarit-likely-to-remain-dsi-chief-under-the-pheu-thai-government/&ved=0ahUKEwjlnfLGrrbLAhVPbY4KHQVbDSQQFggpMAQ&usg=AFQjCNEogZ8aGoxRsDuHVTl1Xpk3wkBs-Q&sig2=7MD5Dpotrp9zYuMFY2g1vA

When Abhisit and Suthep thought they had brought the ultimate Rottweiler in their kennel, they were had, big time. Is it they didn't know much about watchdogs and their training, or have they been conned by the breeders and/or the trainers, I don't know, but they got a vicious animal for sure, IMO.

A piece of advice for anyone wanting to get an adult trained watchdog to secure its home: make sure the animal has been trained to the point of refusing to take food from any other hand than yours, ...and have it euthanised the first time it growls at you, or it will slaughter your family...

After leading the maligned CRES during Thaksin's 2010 red uprise, everybody expected to see his severed head roll off the block in the first days after Thaksin's PTP came into power, but what happened...? He had some conversations with the master, ...and remained in place. Does anyone have any doubt some pitcblack deals must have been closed between both evil characters to come to that point? ...Concerning both's hot past, and dark future?

Archived