Ex-DSI chief Tarit has amassed 346 million baht in ill-gotten wealth

webfact

When Abhisit and Suthep thought they had brought the ultimate Rottweiler in their kennel, they were had, big time. Is it they didn't know much about watchdogs and their training, or have they been conned by the breeders and/or the trainers, I don't know, but they got a vicious animal for sure, IMO.

A piece of advice for anyone wanting to get an adult trained watchdog to secure its home: make sure the animal has been trained to the point of refusing to take food from any other hand than yours, ...and have it euthanised the first time it growls at you, or it will slaughter your family...

After leading the maligned CRES during Thaksin's 2010 red uprise, everybody expected to see his severed head roll off the block in the first days after Thaksin's PTP came into power, but what happened...? He had some conversations with the master, ...and remained in place. Does anyone have any doubt some pitcblack deals must have been closed between both evil characters to come to that point? ...Concerning both's hot past, and dark future?

Well Tarit and the Shins go way back.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thai editorial: Strong bureaucracy IMPORTANT TO POLITICS

By editor on 2015-04-27

Tarit is a sad reflection of what has gone wrong in the bureaucracy. He pulled no punches against the red shirts when the Democrats were in power, spearheading the crackdown on “terrorists”. Videos of him denouncing the red shirts’ activities went viral after he made a dramatic u-turn when the Pheu Thai Party came to power. From a man who hunted down red-shirted “terrorists”, he became the man leading the hunt for the “hunters” of the red shirts​.

It seems he is a chameleon.

You'd think our outspoken democracy advocates would be harshest in their criticism of the man who allowed one of the independent powers to be suborned, thus weakening Thai democracy, such as it was. Instead they claim political motivation, even though his abuse of office was blatant, and try to divert the subject. OTOH they do seem to accept this criminal as one of their own, probably more to do with his criminality rather than political affiliation.

It would seem they passed Democracy 101 - Elections with flying colours, and never bothered with the other 20 units in the course.

Unusually rich?

What does this then make out of the fellow who stole three coconuts and got jailed because he could not cough up bail of only THB 50'000?

Get real, Thailand, such news is going viral all over the planet and makes you look what you deserve - seriously stupid!

You know what this country needs? Accountants.

it needs peole in power that will go after these scum

The only reason this guy was named and shamed is because he didn't pay off the right people.

This culture is all about allegiances and keeping everyone who has the dirt on you well paid.

Obviously he forgot rule 1 and is now paying the price.

Corruption goes on unabated, just the faces at the top change.

This confirms it, I'm in the wrong job.

(or I'm not much of a thief)

Years ago in The US Marine Corps ,a fellow Marine was getting out and when ask by the Captain what was his intentions in the civilian world he stated" Captain being of Italian decent from New Jersey, ,I am going to buy a 38 and every thing after that is profit."

With that amount of moneys, one would think that the guy would be smart enough to ensure (by using the financial means available) that he not get caught. And secondly, if caught, ensure that he is out of the country in a safe haven with all those moneys in a blink of an eye.

Just a confirmation that one need not have a brain to amass ill gotten fortunes.

My mind strays to the image of a child riding a bike, taking the hands of the handle bar, waving the hands in the air and shouting "look! No hands".

Similarly the DSI idiot head got all that money and shouted "look! No brain!, and I can get rich any way!"....

He is lucky he was not picking mushrooms in some park, that would have landed him in jail for at least 30 years. Being "unusually rich" is a much lesser crime....

I have said it before and I will say it again. I do not believe

that a single political figure of any significant power could

withstand a full investigative check into their finances.

This guy is just one more example. But being head of

DSI simply makes it more funny. But I guess about as

funny as the former head of all police in Thailand that

faced murder charges in the famous blue diamond affair.

What a great country Thailand would be if it was not

being bled dry by these pieces of sh**..... :-(

unfortunately " these pieces of shit" in my opinion make up the bulk of Thai people, I suspect very few are actually not corrupt and to stop it will be a monumental effort which i doubt due to their culture they have the will to do.

The National Anti-Corruption Commission unanimously ruled by 7:0 votes to fault Mr Tarit of being unusually rich

nothing unusual at all about the way he got the money...

what would be unusual: if his punishment will fit his crimes

And the current head of DSI? Do we know about finances of key players in current in power group?

You're getting ahead of yourself. That comes after the next coup. At least two more years.

Archived