BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sonny123

4th waiver, same agency, different school

Hello all,

I just have a quick question please. I am trying to find out if its possible for me to keep working in Thailand or that i have to leave it for good. So your answers will do help me decide and be much appreciated.

The situation is simple; I was given a 3rd Teaching Licence Waiver in February 2016 but two days ago my agency told me that my current school doesn't want to rehire me for the next year for some reason and that they can get me another job quite easily in the same region.

So if I start working at another school next semester;

technically my employer will be the same (my agency) but a different school, will I need to apply for a 4th Teaching Licence Waiver?

If yes then will it most likely be rejected? Because I have a post-grad dip in education but no Thai Culture Course yet.

Thank you,

Sonny

Moved to the Teaching in Thailand Forum.

On what school's name is your last provisional teaching permit?

"So your answers will do help me decide and be much appreciated." ?

Must be an "english" teacher !

Based on the last time I spoke to the visa person at my school, she believed that the teaching waiver is actually based on the number of years you have used them for and not so much "three and you are out".

You will need to apply for a new teaching waiver and I think that you would get it based on the years thing.

Keep us updated on your progress; many here in the same boat.