Australian ambassador's daughter injured in road accident in Thailand

webfact

Australian ambassador’s daughter injured in a road accident in Petchaburi

a.jpg

PETCHABURI: -- Three people, including the daughter of the Australian ambassador to Thailand, were injured when a car in which they were travelling accidentally lost control and crashed into a power pole on Petkasem highway in Petchaburi province on Thursday.

Two of the injured were identified as Ms Christeen Rubelliard, daughter of Australian ambassador Paul Rubelliard, and her driver, Mr Adul Artharn. The third victim was not identified.

The trio were travelling in a Mitsubishi Grandis on their way back to Bangkok from Hua Hin. As the car was approaching Ban Khao Tamone in Ban Lat district of Petchaburi, Mr Adul told police that he lost control of the car for unknown reason and the car climbed on the road island and crashed into a power pole and overturned.

All the three injured were taken to Muang district’s hospital for medical treatment.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/154559

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-11

Narrowly avoided disaster due to 'unknown reason' you'd think that the embassy will employ drivers

with good driving skills to avoid such situations with high profile personal, you'd think, but not necessarily

implemented.....

Narrowly avoided disaster due to 'unknown reason' you'd think that the embassy will employ drivers

with good driving skills to avoid such situations with high profile personal, you'd think, but not necessarily

implemented.....

Surely you don't believe this story in its entirety? The embassy more than likely made some changes to protect the ambassador's name.

Imagine you were driving and could you honestly say "for no reason I lost control"?

implemented.....

Surely you don't believe this story in its entirety? The embassy more than likely made some changes to protect the ambassador's name.

Imagine you were driving and could you honestly say "for no reason I lost control"?

Unknown reason makes it sound even fishier.

In the land of lies and corruption, it would take a nano second to come up with a "feasible" reason.

Bus and minibus drivers have a plethora of excuses at their disposal, all gobbled up by the police without question.

not sure how old she is but sounds like international school kids/university coming back from a party break in hua hin.

I certainly made that drive back from friends condos there on a number of occasions.

when a car in which they were travelling accidentally lost control and crashed into a power pole on Petkasem highway in Petchaburi province on Thursday.

Wow... ​Had no idea they had those automatic driver-less cars in Thailand

Ah Yes, Its the ole unknown reason of a driver loosing control of his car. To do this damage it had to be an excess of speed combined with a detraction of the driver ( texting?,partying?,drinking?)..Of course here in LOS it could be a ghost car.

implemented.....

"The embassy more than likely made some changes to protect the ambassador's name."

Well, his name, as reported by our reliable friends at PBS is Paul Rubelliard. His real name is Paul Robilliard.

Perhaps that is what you were referring to? As reported, the driver Mr Adul Artharn lost control.

Let's hope the young lady and the other two make a quick recovery.

speed, mobile phone, talking, spilling hot coffee, mechanical all possibilities, (steering wheel coming loose so unlikely, its not worth talking about, its just as likely to be an alien, crossing the road)

implemented.....

"The embassy more than likely made some changes to protect the ambassador's name."

Well, his name, as reported by our reliable friends at PBS is Paul Rubelliard. His real name is Paul Robilliard.

Perhaps that is what you were referring to? As reported, the driver Mr Adul Artharn lost control.

Let's hope the young lady and the other two make a quick recovery.

Is it now possible she was driving when she should not have been?

She should be taking the bus ,like the others kids ,rather than a taxpayer funded car and driver.

I think you miss the point about the work of a an Ambassador. the Ambassador and the staff are there for several reasons in a foreign country and one of them to create a relation in such a way that it brings money to the country.

So infact the Ambassador and the staff create jobs and support work to make it possible that he tax payers can pay tax

form you reply on can understand this Ambassador is not doing its job well?

implemented.....

I'm guessing pay peanuts and what do you get ?

The reason the cause of the accident is unknown is because nobody knows what caused the accident, but if so, arnt telling yet, and police may never know. How on this gods earth can any thinking person be baffled by the "cause unknown" statement???

I hope australian tax payers are not footing the bill for this dud

If it was a Comm. of Aust. car with a driver paid by the Comm. of Aust., of course the Aust. govt should pay. Would your opinion be any di8fferent if you were the ambassador and it was your daughter?

The reason the cause of the accident is unknown is because nobody knows what caused the accident, but if so, arnt telling yet, and police may never know. How on this gods earth can any thinking person be baffled by the "cause unknown" statement???

Well considering the extent of any accident investigation in this place consists of whtle spray paint outlining the position of the wheels, I seriously doubt a cause will ever be found.

Driver, what happened?

I don't know!

Ok, cause of accident unknown.

Archived