Australian ambassador's daughter injured in road accident in Thailand

webfact

Narrowly avoided disaster due to 'unknown reason' you'd think that the embassy will employ drivers

with good driving skills to avoid such situations with high profile personal, you'd think, but not necessarily

implemented.....

Surely you don't believe this story in its entirety? The embassy more than likely made some changes to protect the ambassador's name.

Imagine you were driving and could you honestly say "for no reason I lost control"?

"The embassy more than likely made some changes to protect the ambassador's name."

Well, his name, as reported by our reliable friends at PBS is Paul Rubelliard. His real name is Paul Robilliard.

Perhaps that is what you were referring to? As reported, the driver Mr Adul Artharn lost control.

Let's hope the young lady and the other two make a quick recovery.

Is it now possible she was driving when she should not have been?

Well, at 20 years of age, Christine is certainly old enough to drive, but the report seems to indicate Adul was at the wheel when the car decided to play turtle.

https://regional.kachon.com/21175

The reason the cause of the accident is unknown is because nobody knows what caused the accident, but if so, arnt telling yet, and police may never know. How on this gods earth can any thinking person be baffled by the "cause unknown" statement???

Well considering the extent of any accident investigation in this place consists of whtle spray paint outlining the position of the wheels, I seriously doubt a cause will ever be found.

Driver, what happened?

I don't know!

Ok, cause of accident unknown.

Yes, the white paint does reveal the reason for the accident. Obvious.

not sure how old she is but sounds like international school kids/university coming back from a party break in hua hin.

I certainly made that drive back from friends condos there on a number of occasions.

Does it really matter where she was coming back from... it has NOTHING to do with this accident, for all you know she could have been coming back from McDonald's, far to much idiotic guess work and assumptions on TV.

when a car in which they were travelling accidentally lost control and crashed into a power pole on Petkasem highway in Petchaburi province on Thursday.

Wow... ​Had no idea they had those automatic driver-less cars in Thailand

Hell ! The Grandis 'lost control' I was going to buy one of those, but no way will i get one now . coffee1.gif

Is it an embassy hired car? Is it the daughters personal car? Who is the third victim? Was it a friend of the girl? Is it her friends car? Was the driver hired or maybe it was his car and he worked as a taxi driver part time? Did he swerve to miss a child? Maybe he fell asleep? Maybe the tie rod end fell off? Maybe the wheel nuts were not tightened after he changed a flat tyre?

All these questions unanswered yet some are able to jump to conclusions from the millions of possibilities that have lead up to this including who financed the vehicle and have then sown the case up within seconds on TVF. This is how Chalerm works on detective cases, not educated westerners.

I can imagine if the girl decided to take a bus and the bus had an accident the questions would have been "Being the ambassadors daughter why did he not supply her a car and driver?"

I wish her a speedy recovery and feel for her parents who must have gone through a very emotional and stressful few days.

You have Australian Federal Police at the embassy, give them something to do and investigate this. In Australia at a very minimum the driver would be charged with Fail to haver proper control and careless driving.

AFP are not trained accident investigation officers. As for the rest of your ill founded comment, never head of innocent till proven guilty?

A young woman and two of her travelling companions were just in a bad accident. Three sets of parents nearly lost their kids.

And all we get the usual arseholic comments from the usual suspects. What miserable people you all must be.

You have Australian Federal Police at the embassy, give them something to do and investigate this. In Australia at a very minimum the driver would be charged with Fail to haver proper control and careless driving.

AFP have no jurisdiction, therefore can NOT investigate anything, outside the Embassy grounds. Did you ever learn anything in life?

AFP have no jurisdiction, therefore can NOT investigate anything, outside the Embassy grounds. Did you ever learn anything in life?

My army contract tells me that a squad has just departed Swanbourne Army Barrcks in WA, you know who they are, to take over the investigation.

Well all 3 are lucky to only have minor injuries..a truck or bus in close proximity could have unfolded a different story.

(Any cameras on that stretch of road?..or does any footage somehow get 'lost' due to diplomatic status..?)

The identity of the 3rd person is somehow staying as 'unnamed'..even when admitted to hospital..??

Anyway, for once there's no fatalities.

Archived