Thailand's first glass skywalk will be open to public in March

webfact

Thailand's first glass skywalk will be open to public in March

sky.jpg

NONG KHAI, 11 March 2016 (NNT)-Thailand’s first glass skywalk in Nong Khai province is expected to be open at the end of March. It is also dubbed the most beautiful sightseeing spot in the province.

The U-shaped skywalk, which is now 90% complete, is situated at Wat Pha Tak Suea temple in Sangkhom District. It is built on a cliff near the temple. It is sixteen meters long, and comes complete with glass floors and walls.

Its entire structure also extends six meters beyond the cliff. Four-centimeter-thick tempered laminated glass is being used for the floor while rust proof metal is used to strengthen the supporting structure. Once completed, the glass skywalk will be able to accommodate up to 20 people at a time.

Costing a total of 17 million baht, the skywalk is designed as a connecting point in the tourist route that links Nong Khai with Loei and Bung Kan provinces.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-11 footer_n.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the first typhoon that comes near will destroy it. If that doesn't happen it will decay in a few years from lack of maintenance until it makes its own disaster. I sure hope it's the first one and not the second because it just means more foreigners getting hurt in Thailand. What a waste of money. Looks like a good place to go fishing though.

Even though I live not far down the road, knowing the construction ability and quality of materials used in the vast majority of things built here, this is one attraction I believe I will opt out of. Thanks very much.

Even though I live not far down the road, knowing the construction ability and quality of materials used in the vast majority of things built here, this is one attraction I believe I will opt out of. Thanks very much.

Keeping your accurate comments about quality of materials and abilities in mind just think they want to build nuclear power stations. blink.png

I will not be using it.Remember the old adage.

I like my feet on terra firma the more firma the less terror.

Now heres 1 for the more sharp eyed members. Whats wrong with what i just posted above.?

I think it's at km 72 coming from Nong Khai on rd 211 ; a few km before Sangkhom, maybe 10 km ;

there is a waterfall , Than Thong, and a cross road;

on the left a secondary rd n* 3028 and about at 500 m a bad road on the right

25385684280_483e0cbb01_b.jpg

which goes to the top of the hill where there is this wat

25567707792_473ba9dc1b_b.jpg

In the garden of the wat you can shoot photo in the valley; no need this sort of glass bridge which will be broken rapidly with people on it

25660274676_2deda7212a_b.jpg

25385615950_1098ea5e5f_b.jpg

no way in hell would I go anywhere near it, after seeing how they build everything else here and shave profits by using sub standard components only a fool would actually even walk on it. You only have to look at the foot bridge that collapsed last year after they used second hand components to overhaul it or the buildings that collapse, roads the subside etc to see that engineering and any form of safety inspections to ensure they are using the correct and high quality components are simply ignored here to realize you are putting your life in the hands of people that dont really care about the quality

Archived