Thailand's first glass skywalk will be open to public in March

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the first typhoon that comes near will destroy it. If that doesn't happen it will decay in a few years from lack of maintenance until it makes its own disaster. I sure hope it's the first one and not the second because it just means more foreigners getting hurt in Thailand. What a waste of money. Looks like a good place to go fishing though.

or it could be really cool.

glass is half full, iinit?

Wow, the merchants of doom are out in force today!

Indeed... But with the collective sceptism shown, it may well be worth your while to heed these warnings.

A friend, in Western Australia, has a maintenance contract on a skywalk, and he inspects it, with a team of rope access "technicians" (that's what they like to be called) every six months, and the crew is regularly repairing stress related issues

With the obvious lack of maintenance that is Thailand, I would only consider going for a walk, between six months of operation ( to prove its strength) and its first anniversary. (Before issues regards safety crop up)

Just saying...,saying "no"... A decent safety railing system (including mesh to stop things like kids from falling) would probably have been better... Or an elevated viewing platform perhaps

It's a jungle out there, and death is always lurking around.

A parachute salesman could make a killing !

After the twin towers in New York was attacked, all parachute related magazines ran warnings not to sell parachutes to high rise desk jockeys....

There is a lot more to parachuting (skydiving) than simply falling towards the ground, especially with BASE jumping, which, due to its heightened danger factor, is illegal in a lot of places.... But I suppose a wise man would be forgiven for having a back up option/plan

I will not be using it.Remember the old adage.

I like my feet on terra firma the more firma the less terror.

Now heres 1 for the more sharp eyed members. Whats wrong with what i just posted above.?

Nothing wrong there Bugger ..... firma is good! 55

Now heres 1 for the more sharp eyed members. Whats wrong with what i just posted above.?

We know Colin....i just wish you could walk out there, even if you did sh@t your pants...lol

Well considering the history of substandard Thai construction, I think I will pass - even though they might say "trust me, I m Thai".

Naaa What could possibly go wrong..?

As long as you wear the correct amulets and check for an auspicious day to go.

there is a glass skywalk in a block opposite my condo at Phra khanong, you can peer down 46 ? floors if i remember correctly , use to be called Zepplin, but has changed its name now i think, has a restaurant up there as well.

there is a glass skywalk in a block opposite my condo at Phra khanong, you can peer down 46 ? floors if i remember correctly , use to be called Zepplin, but has changed its name now i think, has a restaurant up there as well.

Cielo Sky Bar is the new name

So; do tell us how you WALKED to Thailand ? Lol.

Would not set foot on that. I have seen Thai construction quality and to be nice it was not impressive

So, do you stay out of all Thai buildings ove 1 story?

What assinine responses on this thread.

20 people rule enforced with the "me first" culture amongst locals? More like pack 'em in and count the bahts. When* it collapses we'll see the usual scapegoat game and how tourism will be affected

Archived