Looking for a house to rent in Hat Yai

watchamacallit

We're currently living in a 'village' near the airport, and we'd like to physically lift our 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom detached house with garden into a better location, but that's clearly not practical.

So, we would like a 3 bed, 2+ bathroom house with garden or yard area for dog nearer the middle of town. We like Koh Hong and the PSU area in particular. Somewhere that has things like supermarkets or restaurants/bars within 5 -10 minutes, close to a songthew route and maybe even within walking distance of markets. We'd like to live in a community and find the 'villages' quite sterile. A condo is not an option because of the dog.

However, we know we'll probably have to compromise on everything, except a good location.

I read the forums and know the most likely way of finding somewhere is to drive around, which we'll do, but posting on forums is also worth a shot. Shame there isn't one or two really good websites for this kind of thing.

Willing to pay around 10,000 - 15,000 / month, and maybe more for something spectacular.

Thanks

You've already identified the only real method of finding somewhere. There's plenty of new housing going up in Hat Yai but the requirement for a garden limits your choices significantly. You should consider expanding your PSU search area through to the Bangkok Hospital and the sois off Thanon Sam Sip Met heading south to Thumnoonvithi, as well as the area to the back of Big C Extra (old Carrefour).

Good luck!

Sorry to be nosy, but are you currently paying between 10k and 15k for your existing house? It sounds a bit like ours, for which I'm paying 23k. We're about a 10 minute drive from the airport. It's a lovely house but we're thinking of moving too, but it wouldn't match your requirements.... no garden to speak of and we have to drive everywhere. If you're leaving then I may be interested in your place if it's significantly cheaper.

I think my employer is paying a little over 15K / month for our current place. We're kind of resigned to staying put for a while as it seems there is nothing around that is better. There probably is, but the search is just too difficult.

If we find somewhere I'll get in touch. There are some villages around here that might be worth checking out

Good luck with your search and yes, do let me know if you do move as we may be interested. Although we may even be moving away from Hat Yai in a few months. It's 50/50 at the moment.... I feel like trying somewhere new where there are a few more farang (not too many though). I suspect we'll be staying for a while longer though.

• 8 months later...

Archived