Today is the last day for mafia members to turn themselves in: Thai police

webfact

Today is the last day for mafia members to turn themselves in

BANGKOK, 11 March 2016 (NNT) - The National Police Chief previously gave those associated with organized crime one week, which ends today, to come forward or face serious legal action.

Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda said the force will take legal action against crime syndicates nationwide. The police crackdown targets anyone who has broken any of 16 specific laws, and not just political groups.

Today is the last day for any individual, including police officers suspected of enabling or involvement in mafia activities, to turn themselves in to the authorities.

They will be given a second chance to redeem themselves, if they can prove they are no longer involved with organized crime.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-11 footer_n.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it too difficult to go out and arrest these people,

turning yourself in would be an admission of guilt,

and I am sure they are not that stupid.

"Come and get me Copper " well not me.

regards Worgeordie

"The police crackdown targets anyone who has broken any of 16 specific laws, and not just political groups."

Please tell me this is just poor translation. Please! cheesy.gif

So, what are these 16 laws? I guess colluding with known criminals would be one. Hmmm - rolleyes.gif. "Hello officer!"

"Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda said the force will take legal action against crime syndicates nationwide."

Isn't that what they were supposed to be doing? What have they been doing all these years that they have been on the job?

"Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda said the force will take legal action against crime syndicates nationwide."

Isn't that what they were supposed to be doing? What have they been doing all these years that they have been on the job?

Oh let's be fair there have been many important tasks that required attention such as Helmet Days. rolleyes.gif

It's easier to pick on ordinary members of the public than take on important and protected people especially those wearing the same uniform.

Oh my lord, and just when you thought you have heard it all. You really could not make this stuff up. No hollywood movie, other than perhaps Austin Powers or the Carry On gang, could say sh!t like this and get away with it.

Can anyone imagine a BIB Operational Targeting meeting ?

In considering who to target there must be no one rich, connected or with a family name, no politician or anyone connected to one, no senior police or military officer and anyone connected to one, no, no , no etc. ! No one around this table either.

Now is there anyone left we can actually go after and there will be no comeback ?

I'm having big difficulty trying to contain myself as to what is going to happen tomorrow.

That is of course as long as all the bad people don't jump at the chance they are being given today.

Be a bit of an anti-climax then, wouldn't it?......................................rolleyes.gif

Is it too difficult to go out and arrest these people,

turning yourself in would be an admission of guilt,

and I am sure they are not that stupid.

"Come and get me Copper " well not me.

regards Worgeordie

Apparently so. Will this 6,000 (conservative estimate ..) be added to the 50,000 (again, conservative estimate) arrest warrants already having been admitted as being outstanding some years ago?

Well you get some posts on TV which are unbelieveable and this post is in the running to be 1 of the best.

Agreed. Mods, can we please have a news forum sub section listing these headlines with votes on the silliest/most farcical? There'll be some fierce competition smile.png

Running them?

Look give the RTP a break it is hot outside and sitting in the A/C is just to nice to go out and round these guys up besides if none show then they can pat themselves on the back for job well done. See two edge sword none show then it means none in Thailand GREAT POLICE WORK.

Police reveal list of over 200 officers involved with influential groups

BANGKOK, 11 March 2016 (NNT) - The Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police has revealed that more than 200 police officers are found to have been involved with influential groups, some at the Police General level.

Commissioner-General Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda revealed that each agency has continued to submit lists of persons suspected to have links with influential groups. The police chief said that he has had talks with several officers in the list and affirmed that those found to be guilty will not only be reassigned to other jurisdictions, but also punished according to disciplinary and criminal codes.

Gen Chakthip said he is not worried about a claim that the present campaign was meant to get rid of persons with opinions opposite the government, affirming that no bullying or special treatment is being done.

The Commissioner-General added that he has tasked one of the Deputy Commissioners-General to restructure the police’s intelligence system after finding out that information of investigations were leaked to certain groups, affecting the duties of officers.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-11 footer_n.gif

Archived