Today is the last day for mafia members to turn themselves in: Thai police

webfact

Oh my lord, and just when you thought you have heard it all. You really could not make this stuff up. No hollywood movie, other than perhaps Austin Powers or the Carry On gang, could say sh!t like this and get away with it.

Their throwing an open house for mafia members. Please leave your weapons at the door.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone imagine a BIB Operational Targeting meeting ?

In considering who to target there must be no one rich, connected or with a family name, no politician or anyone connected to one, no senior police or military officer and anyone connected to one, no, no , no etc. ! No one around this table either.

Now is there anyone left we can actually go after and there will be no comeback ?

My barber Somchia charged me 30 baht for a Chang whilst I waited. Can get for 26 at my local mum & pop.

"Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda said the force will take legal action against crime syndicates nationwide."

Isn't that what they were supposed to be doing? What have they been doing all these years that they have been on the job?

That has got to be a rhetorical question! Otherwise we are going to be reading for hours on end asking what have the Police been doing. gigglem.gif

Actually we know what the Police have been doing, in a word - SFA coffee1.gif

The Police just hope to talk the "mafia" out of business, otherwise the Police have lost, again.

Money is the root of all evil. So loan sharks should be targeted first. I've heard many a bad story concerning this type of crime. As for hitmen, the stories I've heard aren't very impressive. If I wanted that expertise I'd rather do it myself. Hyperthetically speaking of course. Supermarket taxi mafi, only a slight inconvience that you have to carry shopping 30 yards or so to the main road to get another taxi. Gambling, not seen any, apart from a couple of old men playing hi/low with some monopoly dice and a tea cup oh and that card game 9, played indoors with 1 baht coins, hardly Las Vegas. No, the mafia is used too loosely in Thailand as is terrorist in the US. The real mafia are heavily armed, highly secretive and untouchable. Members of this mafia are probably highly connected and will not go quietly. Why would the current government want to cause gang warfare in the streets in such a fragile moment in modern Thai history. Small fish to fry, big one's got away again.

Does anyone have official count? There must be at least a few who were tagged by various influential groups to participate so as this campaign can be declared a success.. So the others can continue being influential...biggrin.png

Oh my lord, and just when you thought you have heard it all. You really could not make this stuff up. No hollywood movie, other than perhaps Austin Powers or the Carry On gang, could say sh!t like this and get away with it.

More like Benny Hill or Red Green.

For a country obsessed with face, does anyone in the current

government who releases these insane statements realize

how stupid it makes the look ???? The mind absolutely

boggles. But supposing that all the mafia members turn

themselves in for wrongdoing. So with the entire police

force gone, who will stop the regular criminals ? cheesy.gif

what a great idea, police forces around the world would do well to follow suit, simply tell the criminals to hand themselves in. the crime rate will go down immediately, the population dont need to live in fear of crime and the police themselves will have plenty of time for facebook. well done thailand.

Archived