Today is the last day for mafia members to turn themselves in: Thai police

webfact

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stress of proving you have changed your ways would be too stressful,

DANGER= maybe you start talking to a Mafia person in trying to convince of your changed ways !

It should not be a problem they can all be sent to the army camps for attitude adjustment.

The only problem will be no Tuk Tuks on the Rd or taxis, the government will have to shut down, Traffic jams and panic will break out as every institiution and corporation has to close. coffee1.gif

So the deadline has now passed. Wonder if the RTP will release a statement this weekend about how many actually turned themselves in?

Well, I'm betting the statement will go something like, "Those turning themselves in increased 10% from the previous month, and so the deadline is being extended..." wink.png

Is it too difficult to go out and arrest these people,

turning yourself in would be an admission of guilt,

and I am sure they are not that stupid.

"Come and get me Copper " well not me.

regards Worgeordie

Turning oneself in,in Thailand seems to be very accepted and gets the person a vastly lighter sentence. Actually, many cases don't seem to even go to court. With the military running things, I have no idea what the courts are doing or how they are being run. Pretty much a lawless place now

Consider that at least in theory it is a good idea. They didn't specify what exactly the benefit would be if you turn yourself in. Also it seems difficult to prove that you are no longer involved in crime. How would this have to be done? If they get a few who want to repent, it's better than nothing and maybe they will get some information on organised crime...

Murderers, thieves, extortionists and the like ......all expected to turn themselves in by today....or else!!

Comical Coppers!

"if you do not stop playing Xbox and come to Daddy, you will not have any sweets" this threat is the end of the line of control. Just go after them, why do they need a grace period`, are they holding any one hostage. Just clean up. This attitude of giving time is because no one is taking their responsibility to put a stop or is this a indirect way of saying.... stack yourselves up... the forces are coming? Come on MOVE IT!!!!

Laugh all you want guys but just keep an eye on what will happen in Pattaya these next couple of week....coffee1.gif

More old age pensioners getting arrested, court dated and fined for playing bridge?

What... arrested for playing hop scotch.....can someone explain that this is a childs game. Oh you mean people can bet on such games?..... well in Thailand you can bet on anything, Cock fights, Cop arrests or street thuggery, knocked down on a zebra crossing, Slippery balconies, These are the last on the list I suppose.... such a laughing stock for the world. I wonder what they would do with the Bangkok Bridge club..... close it down? Ignorance really shows itself in high places!!

Any follow up news on how many surrendered to the police then ???

Exactly two.

One was actually lost and looking for directions and the other arrived with old gangster DVD's as he upgraded to blue ray and wanted to "turn in his mafia" before the deadline.

"How amusing! I was going to say how ridiculous.....but that will be along shortly when their big mafia dragnet gets stuck on a pole and tears open and fails to scoop up the suspects as planned! rolleyes.gif

In a society obsessed with "face" and the appearance of strength, is there no one in this entire government that realizes how stupid and weak Thailand appears to the rest of the world? I often see so much potential here...as I think the major problems can be fixed so easily, because Thais are so pliable...but at some point, I just accept the fact that "you cannot fix stupid"...The citizenry of Thailand is simply stupid, with no moral compass...

Archived