3 course breakfast

lovelomsak

Went to London Cafe for breakfast this morning. It was not as I expected.

I ordered an americano coffee and english breakfast my wife ordered english tea..After 15 minutes my coffee came,then 5 minutes later my wife's tea. Not wanting to drink cold coffee i drank it in the next 15 minutes. first course finished.Then my toast came,nice and warm right from the toaster very nice.Well i was waiting for the remainder of my breakfast I ate the toast. Second course finished..After about 15 minutes my bacon,sausage,mushroom,one egg and tomato came Third course. i ate this without coffee or toast.

From start to finish about 1 hour.I must say the toast was warm when it came to the table,the coffee was warm also and the breakfast itself was hot off the grill.But one item came every 15 minutes or more.I am Canadian and have only been to England once 40 years ago,so I am not accustom to english breakfast service style. Are english breakfasts always served in courses like that. If they are I think I shall stay away from them.I like to have my coffee toast,and eggs together.

Did you take it up with the proprietor,he's a very accommodating sort of guy.

That should have been your first line of enquiry.

In fairness your post doesn't even mention where this 3 course breakfast can be found,although I for one know it's in Phetchabun many probably don't.

Did you take it up with the proprietor,he's a very accommodating sort of guy.

That should have been your first line of enquiry.

In fairness your post doesn't even mention where this 3 course breakfast can be found,although I for one know it's in Phetchabun many probably don't.

Did not want to stick around to enquire. I had my wife with me who should not have been out of the house she was very sick but came with me to Petchebun to help at the bank. I just wanted to eat and get her home to bed. I think the owner was not there anyways.

Thanks for mentioning it is in Petchebun I forgot that..

Hi Lovelomsak, I'm one of the partners at London Cafe sorry you were not happy, I have spoken to Ralph and he was away when you came, if you decide to come back please let me know and I'll give you 10% off your next meal. We have a strong following from the local expats so I do hope you come back. Regards Pete

• 1 month later...

That sort of thing does not just apply to breakfasts, it happens with any meal, the cooks and waitresses are that stupid they don't know any better.

The first time this happened to me I was new to Thailand, I ordered chicken and chips, the chips came in about ten mins, then the chicken came

after another 35 mins, I told the waiter to just take it away, and the chips (French Fries) along with it as they were cold. I refused to pay anything for my meal

and just paid for my female companions meal, with no tip.

Hi Lovelomsak, I'm one of the partners at London Cafe sorry you were not happy, I have spoken to Ralph and he was away when you came, if you decide to come back please let me know and I'll give you 10% off your next meal. We have a strong following from the local expats so I do hope you come back. Regards Pete

10% off?? Very generous, you should have given him it free, and had a word with your staff about serving Western food.

That had obviously not happened, which makes you and your partners just as much to blame. Does that "strong following" actually order English breakfasts etc?

Archived