Huge arsenal of weapons found at home of influential pig farmer in Suphanburi

That's an arsenal...lol? Give me a break. Like has been posted, the long guns don't seem like much of anything and I won't take the time to enlarge the pic to id the pistols. Hell, I sold more and much, much better than that when I left the states plus around 4,000 rounds of ammo, gunsmithing tools and reloading equipment. Many of my friends have double/triple what I had. Much to do about nothing.

Well, you got to remember where you are who the majority of posters are.To them, even one firearm is too many--they'd probably fill their pants if they knew the numbers of guns the average American has.

And that was enough guns to stop 9/11?

No, my uninformed friend, guns have a rough time stopping terrorism; although, they can ruin the day of an individual terrorist. You see, a well-planned series of terrorist attacks or a stronger military power may indeed take over the United States, but they'll be shot at by every American left alive.

That really isn't all that many guns for a sportsman. I have three hand guns and two rifles that are designed and used only for friendly competition - they shoot paper targets but very accurately. Not only aren't the actions etc. practical for hunting, I wouldn't want to risk banging them up in that way.

I have six guns for hunting. One each pistol and rifle in .22lr for squirrels and other small game. One .44 magnum pistol for hunting large game when and where that's legal. It has a scope on it. One .243 bolt action rifle with scope for hunting coyotes and deer. One bolt action .308 for larger game such a elk and moose and bear. I have a 12ga shotgun for ducks and geese.

I also have guns for investment. Some guns that aren't made and available any longer have gained quite a bit in value in the past 20 years. They've done very, very well.

I also have handguns and rifles designed for self defense.

I see a puny number of low quality guns on that table - not worth messing with IMHO.

Cheers.

That really isn't all that many guns for a sportsman. I have three hand guns and two rifles that are designed and used only for friendly competition - they shoot paper targets but very accurately. Not only aren't the actions etc. practical for hunting, I wouldn't want to risk banging them up in that way.

I have six guns for hunting. One each pistol and rifle in .22lr for squirrels and other small game. One .44 magnum pistol for hunting large game when and where that's legal. It has a scope on it. One .243 bolt action rifle with scope for hunting coyotes and deer. One bolt action .308 for larger game such a elk and moose and bear. I have a 12ga shotgun for ducks and geese.

I also have guns for investment. Some guns that aren't made and available any longer have gained quite a bit in value in the past 20 years. They've done very, very well.

I also have handguns and rifles designed for self defense.

I see a puny number of low quality guns on that table - not worth messing with IMHO.

Cheers.

I can understand why you need weapons for self defense but Never, you seem like an intelligent guy; can't you think of anything better to do than going around killing defenseless animals!?

Why would a NRA red-neck in the middle of Kansas need an arsenal of weapons? To fend off foreign intruding forces? To shoot sqirrels?

No, those weapons would be used against fellow countryman ( Ahhhhh.....self defense). A Nation, that has reached this stage, is on the brink of "social meltdown".

- In the case of Thailand: Any Farang in the possession of a firearm should be given notice to leave Thailand within 1 week.

My view, cheers.

Because they are gun nuts. One of my friends is a middle of the road kinda US govt employee in Dept. of Ag. Not sure what he makes, not that much. Does a little Deer hunting. Told me he has 36! handguns plus shotguns and rifles.

Then again I have a lot more bicycles than I actually need. Dudes collect stuff. Boys and their toys.

There is another subset of paranoids that are convinced society is on the brink of collapse. They are making irrational decisions and spending their money stockpiling food, weapons, you name it. Google SHTF Most of them right-wingers.

Every negative news report enhances their fears.

Lived in America twice - really liked it a lot. The gun thing - didn't get it then, still don't get it & likely never will. How could one possibly need assault weapons able to kill God knows how many people! Glad I grew up in the UK - never had a gun , don't want a gun & perhaps most importantly don't need one. And as for hunting defenseless animals as a sport - well, what can one say.

Why would a NRA red-neck in the middle of Kansas need an arsenal of weapons? To fend off foreign intruding forces? To shoot sqirrels?

No, those weapons would be used against fellow countryman ( Ahhhhh.....self defense). A Nation, that has reached this stage, is on the brink of "social meltdown".

- In the case of Thailand: Any Farang in the possession of a firearm should be given notice to leave Thailand within 1 week.

My view, cheers.

In the case of Thailand it is my understanding that in certain rural areas and for some Farang Business Person they are entitled to own Firearms for self defence. Shooting defenceless animals I can agree ,but using ones firearm to put an injured animal out its misery is a lot better than waiting several hours for a Vet to show up.

My view, cheers.

swissie, If you are from Switzerland, you know that your home country has a very high gun possession rate. Just the right to have arms does not make you a criminal or cause your society to meltdown. And, farangs can indeed legally possess firearms in Thailand; if they can establish a genuine need and become licensed to do so--convincing a senior police/military/government official is one way.

Lived in America twice - really liked it a lot. The gun thing - didn't get it then, still don't get it & likely never will. How could one possibly need assault weapons able to kill God knows how many people! Glad I grew up in the UK - never had a gun , don't want a gun & perhaps most importantly don't need one. And as for hunting defenseless animals as a sport - well, what can one say.

No problem, I don't understand you Brits and your soccer--didn't get it when I was there, still don't get it, and likely never will. As for the fans fighting and hurting innocent people--well, what can one say?

My view, cheers.

swissie, If you are from Switzerland, you know that your home country has a very high gun possession rate. Just the right to have arms does not make you a criminal or cause your society to meltdown. And, farangs can indeed legally possess firearms in Thailand; if they can establish a genuine need and become licensed to do so--convincing a senior police/military/government official is one way.

Correct, gun possession rate is high, due to the fact that we have a militia army. Therefore, every male gets to take his rifle home after service (to be stored in the attic with some ammo). That leads automatically to a high gun possession rate. But hardly ever is an army rifle used to commit violent crimes in Switzerland. = High gun possession rate, but low crime rate. how come?

I suppose, it depends in what hands the guns are being entrusted.

Some people can't handle alcohol. Americans can't handle guns.

Cheers.

You can have a 100 guns but if you ain't got the ammo they are useless...

And you can't shoot 100 guns unless you have a small army, but you can trade them, like the Ammo and canned food they also stockpile as much as possible .

After SHTF even gold bars will be worthless (supposedly).cheesy.gif

Archived