'Boro manager walks out

Chicog

You have to wonder what is going through Steve Gibson's head. The bloke has been doing a great job.

Troubled Middlesbrough manager Aitor Karanka will not take charge of Sunday's clash against Charlton, the club have confirmed.
The Spaniard has confided to friends that the club's former England winger Stewart Downing was not his signing and that he's finding it difficult to deal with the local hero and personal favourite of chairman Steve Gibson.
Karanka's walk-out from the training ground on Friday following an argument at a team meeting has disrupted preparations for their game on Sunday at Charlton.

Their former manager; McLaren; has suddenly found himself with time on his hands. Could he return? Would Boro fans want him back? Was quite successful there last time around, though he did spend a shed load of money. Remember Maccheroni?

Their former manager; McLaren; has suddenly found himself with time on his hands. Could he return? Would Boro fans want him back? Was quite successful there last time around, though he did spend a shed load of money. Remember Maccheroni?

I've got a soft spot for Gibson and Boro, I reckon he's one of the best owners of a football team and the fans are die hard compared to many other teams. McLaren back there? Don't even suggest this as they deserve far better than that.

Good luck Boro with finding a decent replacement but not McLaren.

I've got a soft spot for Gibson and Boro, I reckon he's one of the best owners of a football team and the fans are die hard compared to many other teams. McLaren back there? Don't even suggest this as they deserve far better than that.

The trouble with Gibson is he's the chairman and he should not be picking players against the wishes of the manager.

The trouble with Gibson is he's the chairman and he should not be picking players against the wishes of the manager.

Absolutely. And this is one hell of a gaff he's made.

Archived